Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/20/24 20:05
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (7th_zorro, AndrewAMD, TedMar), 1,306 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: A Game Demo from Conitec... [Re: Joozey] #224844
09/01/08 13:43
09/01/08 13:43
Neurosys Offline
Neurosys  Offline

I'd help too smile
No one can summon up development roadblocks like me smile

See more code and crap @ www.neuroticnetworks.com
Re: A Game Demo from Conitec... [Re: Neurosys] #224852
09/01/08 15:19
09/01/08 15:19
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
If by some miracle, the community follows this through and gives it a go on an fps demo, i'd be happy to donate the ai part for it. So, to give you an idea, the gameplay of our fanbase demo could be similar to this(122mb) game... Story first/third person shooter, with co-operative AI that you can give orders and chat to, and your typical modern fps features... So with the help of a few 3d artists and shader experts, we just might be able to put up a tiny level that could look AAA (with a lot of cheating i presume, but i know good graphics are really possible in A7)

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: A Game Demo from Conitec... [Re: LarryLaffer] #224891
09/01/08 20:27
09/01/08 20:27
United Kingdom
indiGLOW Offline
Serious User
indiGLOW  Offline
Serious User

United Kingdom
Only real problem is picking which project, this is usually where we all fall down. Bottom line, our own projects tend to be the most important to us and therefore we're all likely to either decline coloaboration bcz we are too busy, or indeed bcz we feel that 'our' approach is the right one.

Don't think that means I am not very interested, it's just usally what hampers us collectivly getting anywhere.

In many ways, we have let ourselves and Conitec down smile

ok maybe that's a little extreme, and sure, I agree, a demo from them would be ideal. But if they can't, for what ever reason, I don't see why we couldn't! TBH we should have a lot more demos that are much closer to a real product than we have produced so far.

I don't want to distract this thread to far here, as I firmly agree with the original point of this thread, and mpdeveloper_B's points. Maybe someone will kick of a real thread about this, lets not talk ideas, lets just talk about interest and our commitment.

LarryLaffer has already thrown his preverbial cap into the ring, and I would certainly throw in mine too. I'll keep my eyes posted for a thread for this topic - Community? Working Together? Towards a common goal? fantastic!

It would be a real miracle though wink

The Art of Conversation is dead : Discuss
Re: A Game Demo from Conitec... [Re: indiGLOW] #226614
09/10/08 15:32
09/10/08 15:32
mpdeveloper_B Offline OP
Expert
mpdeveloper_B  Offline OP
Expert

As for my idea about it, I've seen many projects like what's probably starting up here, fail quickly. As I mentioned before, no one gets paid and then it goes to the crapper. But what I think would be the ideal demo is what I posted, it's not a full game in one aspect, but it really shows what kind of stuff the engine can pull off.

For those who missed it, here's the link: http://www.neoaxisgroup.com/download.htm#demo

I really doubt this will get anywhere, and if it does it will go to a "Conitec is the devil" and "Our code skills are bad" thing. Really though, I would like to hear jcl's opinion on the whole thing, outside of the fact that they couldn't build one on their own. ( I mean that in the highest respect smile )

- aka Manslayer101
Re: A Game Demo from Conitec... [Re: mpdeveloper_B] #227257
09/13/08 14:17
09/13/08 14:17
United Kingdom
indiGLOW Offline
Serious User
indiGLOW  Offline
Serious User

United Kingdom
Love the post mpdeveloper, yes I wasn't hoping to create a revolution here, and it wont be the first time anyone has suggested collaborating to deliver a demo in conitecs sted.

I'm just trying to look for a way to solve this issue.

If Conitec downed tools and focused on a demo, in 6-12 months we would probably have just that, but then the engine would also be 6-12 months out of date. Even if they could throw enough money at it, I just can't see them producing one.

Ironic really as this would drive sales.

Still time & resources are two things we never have enough of in this business.
I too would like to hear JCL's reply and will refrain from twisting this thread any more off topic.

The Art of Conversation is dead : Discuss
Re: A Game Demo from Conitec... [Re: indiGLOW] #227382
09/14/08 05:24
09/14/08 05:24
mpdeveloper_B Offline OP
Expert
mpdeveloper_B  Offline OP
Expert

I can see what you are saying indiGLOW, and I do agree. I just think that even though it would throw the engine's development back a bit, it would give them time to really test their code's capabilities. It would help them speed up functions, like the c_ functions and so on. But, still waiting for another reply from jcl. I should have put this in ask conitec. :P

- aka Manslayer101
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  aztec, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de