Since 7.06 there is support for the SpaceNavigator. Before then, I set up binds for the SpaceNavigator using 3rd party software and set the SpaceNavigator as a game controller in the control panel. Now the binds that I had seem to be automatically overwritten by the default GameStudio binds. The SpaceNavigator still works great using joy_raw and joy_rot for the axes, but I don't know how to access the buttons on the device anymore.

Specific info:
*In the start-up screen I get the message 3D navigation device found
*num_joysticks = 0, but joy_raw and joy_rot return correct values. (I guess the navigation device doesn't count as a joystick?)
*joy_1 and joy_2 don't change when the buttons are pressed. In fact key_any does not change.
*The 3D Connexion Control Panel allows you to setup the button configuration for any application: for instance button1 can map to the space key and button2 can map to the enter key. I know that these work because I can open a text editor and add spaces and returns using the device. However, in GameStudio, key_any, key_space, and key_enter still don't change on pressing the buttons (but do with the keyboard).

Is there a way to override the current binds or simply make joy_1 and joy_2 map to the buttons?

Joris Lambrecht
My Contributions: Relative Rotation, Window Sizing