by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,014 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Futuristic Texture Pack, Great With Shaders #236049
11/11/08 16:47
11/11/08 16:47
Madison, WI
J
JakeL Offline OP
JakeL  Offline OP
J

Madison, WI
Hey everyone.

I just finished a new texture pack. It is good for futuristic interiors of things like spacecraft, space stations, or mining outposts.

It is a relatively advanced pack with most textures including a grey-scale height map, gloss map, and normal map. The color maps without shaders also are effective.

If you want more details just check out my site in the signature. If you are interested in buying go here .

Now for some screens. All are rendered in A7. The first few are rendered with parallax mapping. Then, there are some with just the color maps.

Thanks for taking a look.

If you need graphic resources, or just want to see some of my work, check out our site AdenFall Software.
Re: Futuristic Texture Pack, Great With Shaders [Re: JakeL] #236052
11/11/08 16:51
11/11/08 16:51
Madison, WI
J
JakeL Offline OP
JakeL  Offline OP
J

Madison, WI
Ok, so here are more shots. These are close-ups of individual textures with parallax mapping, rendered in A7.

If you need graphic resources, or just want to see some of my work, check out our site AdenFall Software.
Re: Futuristic Texture Pack, Great With Shaders [Re: JakeL] #236798
11/16/08 17:33
11/16/08 17:33
Madison, WI
J
JakeL Offline OP
JakeL  Offline OP
J

Madison, WI
Wow, I'm surprised that there are no comments.

Should I have put this in "User Contributions"? If so, could someone move it for me, or delete it and I can start a new post?

In any case here are some more shots so it doesn't seem like a shameless bump.

Re: Futuristic Texture Pack, Great With Shaders [Re: JakeL] #236822
11/16/08 18:48
11/16/08 18:48
jigalypuff Offline
Serious User
jigalypuff  Offline
Serious User

it is a shameless bump smile but worth it, really good work man, i wish to god i could texture like that, do you know of any decent tuts to help me along?

Why does everyone like dolphins? Never trust a species which smiles all the time!
Re: Futuristic Texture Pack, Great With Shaders [Re: jigalypuff] #236827
11/16/08 19:13
11/16/08 19:13
Madison, WI
J
JakeL Offline OP
JakeL  Offline OP
J

Madison, WI
Thanks Jigalypuff. I was starting to think I was invisible.

As for tuts, I didn't really find much online -outside the random offset tut, but I did read a couple of books. And I’ve made a lot of textures. The more you make the better you get.

3D Game Textures - Luke Adhearn
The Dark Side of Game Texturing - David Franson

The books don't really show how to make anything spectacular, but they do give a lot of really great ideas.

I have found that understanding how to use and mix layers in Photoshop is essential. Using inner and outer glow for gradients in Photoshop is a good way to make height maps.

If my 3d business is ever stable enough to allow for some free time, I'll write some tuts.

Re: Futuristic Texture Pack, Great With Shaders [Re: JakeL] #237685
11/21/08 15:27
11/21/08 15:27
Flevoland, 5 meters under wate...
Roel Offline
Roel  Offline

Flevoland, 5 meters under wate...
what programs do you use for making textures? photoshop?
personally I think Mapzone is a great one, you can create nice textures with it

Check out the throwing game here: The throwing game
Re: Futuristic Texture Pack, Great With Shaders [Re: Roel] #237693
11/21/08 16:11
11/21/08 16:11
Madison, WI
J
JakeL Offline OP
JakeL  Offline OP
J

Madison, WI
I strictly used photoshop for these, and use it the most.

I have also played around with texture maker and genetica, both procedural generators.

Thanks for the MaPZone tip! Looks pretty cool I'll check it out.

Re: Futuristic Texture Pack, Great With Shaders [Re: JakeL] #237779
11/22/08 09:17
11/22/08 09:17
The Netherlands
Helghast Offline
Expert
Helghast  Offline
Expert

The Netherlands
maybe you should see it as a comment hardly anyone posts wink
great job, first off, really like it, only constructive criticism i can give;

the scratches look too generic, dont know really what's up with the,, they just look wrong at some places (either too big... i dunno) might wanna change that.
also, when scratches are applied, most of the time "weathering" is visible as well, the edges should be a bit torn as well...

anyway, getting back to my first statement, a LOT of great projects on these boards dont get the attention they need to, while beginners end up with a topic that reaches on and on with hatefull spam messages (ask error014, he'll confirm :P). anyway, that kinda ended up as a rent.. not my intention, sorry for the OT.

I have the luke adhearns tutorial book as well, must be said, really like it, can recommend it to a lot of other people out there as well!

again, good job, keep it up!

regards,

Formerly known as dennis_fantasy
Portfolio - http://www.designorhea.com/
Project - http://randomchance.cherrygames.org/
Re: Futuristic Texture Pack, Great With Shaders [Re: Helghast] #237823
11/22/08 17:46
11/22/08 17:46
Madison, WI
J
JakeL Offline OP
JakeL  Offline OP
J

Madison, WI
Thanks Helgast.

Note 1: There is a version of the textures that is more weathered. I just showed the clean version in this post.

Note 2: I too have noticed a major change in these boards. First, there aren't nearly as many people, maybe half I'd say. Second, while before it seemed like everyone was overly nice with their crits (maybe due to the old star system), now people only seem to post if they have something negative to say.

Re: Futuristic Texture Pack, Great With Shaders [Re: JakeL] #237827
11/22/08 18:33
11/22/08 18:33
jigalypuff Offline
Serious User
jigalypuff  Offline
Serious User

well i bought the dark side of game texturing, excellent book mate thanks for pointing me in it`s direction smile I`d have to agree with you about the way a lot of people are being very negative on the boards recently, which is a shame as i used to think it was one of the more friendly forums i visit.

Why does everyone like dolphins? Never trust a species which smiles all the time!
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de