Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/19/24 18:45
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (7th_zorro, AndrewAMD, TedMar), 837 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
geometry map with uv coordinates #250137
02/06/09 04:59
02/06/09 04:59
Michigan
S
splashmaker Offline OP
splashmaker  Offline OP
S

Michigan
I'm attempting to create a gpu accelerated soft body simulation with shader model 3. I understand everything except when it comes to making a geometry map of the 3d positions for the simulation. Nvidia made a cloth simulation with a similar technique, but they made a geometry map from vertex positions.

From Nvidia's white paper:
"A geometry image is created from a given mesh by cutting it along a network of edge paths such that it becomes topologically equivalent to a disk and then sampling the result over a grid to get the positions of the vertices at each pixel of the image"

I am going to use the uv map, rather than trying to transform the mesh, and map the object space positions to the corresponding pixels on the uv map. It doesn't matter if this is done in the shader or not because only the initial positions are needed. If there is a way to do this on the cpu using bitmap manipulations in lite-c in a reasonable amount of time that would also work. The tricky part doing it on the cpu is that the pixels are not one to one with the vertices so it would have to find the vertex with the closes uv coordinate and I did not find any functions to do this and could be very slow.

My speculation is that there is some sort of transformation matrix I can use in the shader to do this, but I am not a shader expert so I don't know much about them.

Your help with this is much appreciated. smile

Re: geometry map with uv coordinates [Re: splashmaker] #250804
02/09/09 21:20
02/09/09 21:20
TEXCOORD3
Foxfire Offline
Foxfire  Offline

TEXCOORD3
skip this step or project it into screen space coordinates. If you have UV values than you can skip it and use the coordinates to look up the height map in the Vertex Shader. -Mike-

http://www.groundtacticsgame.com/
Alienware m17x R Custom laptop
specs:
Intel Core 2 Extreme Quad CPU Q9300
2x Nvidia 280GTX 2GB vram
6GB ddr3 memory@ 1333Mhz
512GB SSD
1200p 17' screen
runs Crysis Warhead on max settings at 1200p at 90 fps

Moderated by  Blink, Hummel, Superku 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de