by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (dr_panther, TedMar, AndrewAMD), 1,353 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Script for bad frame warning #251209
02/11/09 23:27
02/11/09 23:27

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

The Set Up
Hi, I am working with other people on a project. When the ent_animate refers to a frame set name that doesn't exist in the mode, i.g. no frames named walk, the model freezes in the last played frame. The people I'm working with are slow getting that fact after numerous repeat answers to the question "Malice way is the model stuck?". But I would like to write a function that checks if the frame name set exist or NOT and if NOT disply a text warning message on screen while ent_animate is using the bad frame set.

You don't have to write me a function. Please Don't! Just tell me what instructions are need for what part. I'll look them up in the manual and write my own code. I HATE when people ask others to do there work for them. That said I could read through the manual and figure out the instruction but I think asking you guys would be faster. So if you already know the answers and don't mind this request for help, please reply.

The End: Thans for reading and/or replying to this post.

Malice
Texas USA

Re: Script for bad frame warning [Re: ] #251327
02/12/09 15:12
02/12/09 15:12
Nashua NH
heinekenbottle Offline
heinekenbottle  Offline

Nashua NH
if the frame does not exist, ent_animate returns 0.

something like if(ent_animate("walk,"AnimPercent,ANIM_ADD) == 0) { doStuff(); . . .

I was once Anonymous_Alcoholic.

Code Breakpoint;
Re: Script for bad frame warning [Re: heinekenbottle] #251401
02/12/09 21:26
02/12/09 21:26

M
Malice
Unregistered
Malice
Unregistered
M

Thanks heinekenbottle. Wow! I expected more, I should have just read the manual. Thanks for taking the time to reply.

Malice
Texas USA

Moderated by  HeelX, Lukas, rayp, Rei_Ayanami, Superku, Tobias, TWO, VeT 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de