by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 989 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Make a compiler? [Re: MichaelGale] #255015
03/06/09 23:55
03/06/09 23:55
U
upsidedownman Offline OP
upsidedownman  Offline OP
U

Yea that is basically what i am saying sorry if i was confusing, i guess you could look at it like realm crafter or game maker if you have ever seen them, they have there own language that they interpreted then you can compile an .exe file from it. I was looking to aim low to start like i said just a few functions but the part that i would be stuck on would be the compiling part. But thanks i will look into those libraries i have used LUA and Python before so it would be kinda cool so i will look into that. Thanks for your help.

Re: Make a compiler? [Re: upsidedownman] #255021
03/07/09 00:16
03/07/09 00:16
M
MichaelGale Offline
Serious User
MichaelGale  Offline
Serious User
M

Neither of those scripting languages supports to be compiled to a windows executable natively, however. Keep in mind that you don't have to compile it to an .exe if you want to execute it, you can do that a lot easier. If you really really want to compile them or your own language to an executable, you will indeed have to write a compiler which is a really complex thing to do. In order to do that you need to know about the structure of PE executables (windows binaries) and x86 opcodes at least. Not mentioning all the bits and pieces you need for the compiler architecture. Not an easy thing to do, but if you google for the keywords I mentioned above you may find some information on these topics.

Your friendly mod is at your service.
Re: Make a compiler? [Re: MichaelGale] #255023
03/07/09 00:24
03/07/09 00:24
U
upsidedownman Offline OP
upsidedownman  Offline OP
U

Yea i figured that frown thanks for all your help, what do you mean (don't have to compile it to an .exe to run it) like for example if i were to create a program like fps creator and i were to implement my own language and let them be able to customize objects and such. Other than having it compile the game to a .exe file how would i be able to let them execute it on other machines? Again thanks for all your help.

Re: Make a compiler? [Re: upsidedownman] #255026
03/07/09 00:33
03/07/09 00:33
U.S.
GamerX Offline
GamerX  Offline

U.S.
One way you could do it is make 2 .exe's for your program one that is your program and one that is for the game then have the program copy the game.exe and have it run the users scripts and such, of course there would be more to this that you would have to figure out but this would be the essential idea. But i don't think that is legal in GS terms not sure you would have to look it up. But there is probably another way.

"You may never know what results come of your action, but if you do nothing there will be no result."
-Mahatma Gandhi
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  HeelX, Lukas, rayp, Rei_Ayanami, Superku, Tobias, TWO, VeT 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de