by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tomorrow Armor: Long Play (Low Sound Quality) #256500
03/17/09 05:50
03/17/09 05:50
ny
jumpman Offline OP
Serious User
jumpman  Offline OP
Serious User

ny
Watsup everybody, its Jumpman again from the shadows.

Ive got a non graphical update for tomorrow armor. This one showcases a team deathmatch between AI's, Soldier/Troop AI's, special movements, and other general stuff.

Read below before watching the movie to see whats going on behind the scenes.

Special Movement:
All units are given 1 special movement that is innate to them, and costs nothing to use. They can be for movement, defense, or offense:

1. Combat Roll: certain units can combat roll, closing the distance between them and their target, or rolling out of danger and behind cover. Shotgunner units make use of this to get in close and let off some buckshots.

2. Armor Charge: Due to their high armor values, mechanized units can charge towards their enemy and deal damage based on the amount of armor they have. Heavy tanks deal devastating single target damage, and are almost guaranteed to 1 shot soldier units if given enough armor.

3. Hughes' Heavy Stomp: A special given to Hughes, which lets him stomp the floor, knocking down 3 enemies and dealing damage based on Hughes' current strength. Cannot knock down units with high Foritude stat.

A.I

Deathmatching AI's move in groups, and will alert any allies if under fire. If a unit is outnumbered, he will find cover. If he has allies, he will be more aggressive.

Units have access to the same abilities and limits as the player does, there is no cheating on their part.

Simply changing a few numbers can be the difference between a defensive, high armored AI, to an aggressive sharpshooter a missile barrage monster, or a shotgunning soldier with a deathwish.

Gameplay

Soldier units generally have very low armor values, and have slim to non deflection armor. However they are generally faster, more maneuverable, and have a lower hit profile. AI soldiers can hear enemy bullets better than mechanized units.

Mechanized units have extremely high armor and deflection values, making them moving fortresses. They also generally have faster shell firing rates, and more damaging machine guns. The units with the Armor Ram can be devastating, and can change the players tactics of coming up close to the tanks deadzone.

The player can lock in on a target, for an easier time to fire while moving, as well as perform special abilities.

Keep an eye out in the video for:

Flamethrowing soldiers
Combat flipping
Electricity Discharging
Armor Ramming
Heavy Stomping
Homing Missile mini-cutscenes
Reflective Shields
Armor Boosts
Lazer Beams
Super Shells

More handdrawn animations, explosions and death!!

Re: Tomorrow Armor: Long Play (Low Sound Quality) [Re: jumpman] #256519
03/17/09 09:55
03/17/09 09:55
planet.earth
ello Offline
Senior Expert
ello  Offline
Senior Expert

planet.earth
looking really great! seems to work very fine. i wonder if you hand out a demo or such?

www.earthcontrol.de
quoted: We want to maintain a clean, decent, American family suited forum look... which means you may post zombies or chainsaw massacres, but no erotic.
Re: Tomorrow Armor: Long Play (Low Sound Quality) [Re: ello] #256558
03/17/09 15:07
03/17/09 15:07
D
Dazz Offline
Dazz  Offline
D

Wow man, cool effects. Your sounds seem to fit the gameplay perfectly! Big bombs could be a little more effective though. And when there are al lot of different sounds it gets pretty anoying. Maybe you sould limit the ammount of simultanious sounds? But it looks so cool!

Re: Tomorrow Armor: Long Play (Low Sound Quality) [Re: Dazz] #256563
03/17/09 15:23
03/17/09 15:23
England
ryangregory Offline
ryangregory  Offline

England
That looks great, very hectic and fun. I like all the effects and sounds makes it seem like a big warzone. Im unsure what control scheme you use though.
Good work!

Re: Tomorrow Armor: Long Play (Low Sound Quality) [Re: ryangregory] #256574
03/17/09 16:07
03/17/09 16:07
Brasil - RS
D
DiegoFloor Offline
DiegoFloor  Offline
D

Brasil - RS
I'm not sure whats going on in that video but, the combat sure looks fun! (and that mini camera showing all the chaos..)

Re: Tomorrow Armor: Long Play (Low Sound Quality) [Re: DiegoFloor] #256580
03/17/09 16:48
03/17/09 16:48
Austria
Dark_samurai Offline
Serious User
Dark_samurai  Offline
Serious User

Austria
Man this is a realy great game idea!!! Was this your idea or did you "copied" it?

I see a lot of potencial in this!

ANet - A stable and secure network plugin with multi-zone, unlimited players, voip, server-list features,... (for A7/A8)!
get free version
Re: Tomorrow Armor: Long Play (Low Sound Quality) [Re: Dark_samurai] #256641
03/17/09 21:58
03/17/09 21:58
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
What are your plans with this?
Any chance to get a demo? smile

Re: Tomorrow Armor: Long Play (Low Sound Quality) [Re: Pappenheimer] #256644
03/17/09 22:55
03/17/09 22:55
ny
jumpman Offline OP
Serious User
jumpman  Offline OP
Serious User

ny
Thank you all for taking a look, your words are encouraging as well as criticizing!

@Ello: yup I plan to release a demo, when the game gets more playable.

@Dazz: Yup, the sounds get way out of hand, I will need to reduce the distance at which they play. Other crackling effects were mistakes in the wave files.

@Ryangregory: The control scheme is actually pretty primitive, but hopefully simple. WASD to move relative to the camera, right mouse for machine gun, left mouse for shell/grenade, keys 1-9 for special abilities, and the shift key for special movements.

@DiegoFloor: Yea, at times the combat and effects can be a little too much, especially the bomb explosions white-washing the screen. Ive gotten a few critisims about the amount of things going on at once, and I may have to tone it down....

@Dark_samurai: No, this is not templates, or a wargame tutorial I downloaded and modded. This is the result of about 1 and a half years of frustration and happiness. However a wargame idea is obviously not a new idea under the sun. But I plan to introduce, hopefully, a unique storyline, characters and art style.

@Pappenheimer: My plans are to make a game! I planned on doing a very short online comic to introduce the world a little bit, but thats too far to tell.

When I get through some of the legal legwork that surrounds releasing a game, I will be more than happy to let you all get your hands on a demo, but of course there is no release date for it. This is not a milestone driven, metrics based team effort, but a sporadic solo homebrew project with alot of.......love.

Re: Tomorrow Armor: Long Play (Low Sound Quality) [Re: jumpman] #256645
03/17/09 23:16
03/17/09 23:16
Brasil - RS
D
DiegoFloor Offline
DiegoFloor  Offline
D

Brasil - RS
I didn't mean "chaos" as a bad thing smile that's what makes it look fun.

From a video it is hard to tell what's going on, but that's very different from playing.

Good luck! And post more updates laugh

Re: Tomorrow Armor: Long Play (Low Sound Quality) [Re: jumpman] #257769
03/25/09 12:39
03/25/09 12:39
Hiporope and its pain
txesmi Offline
Serious User
txesmi  Offline
Serious User

Hiporope and its pain
looks fun!
good animations and effects, they gets me flood!

i wanna play!

Last edited by txesmi; 03/25/09 12:45.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de