Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AbrahamR), 717 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
2 questions to Dark Samurai, about ANET #259318
04/05/09 13:10
04/05/09 13:10
Baunatal, Germany
Tobias Offline OP

Tobias  Offline OP

Baunatal, Germany
I am currently using the A7 multiplayer system for my FPS but am considering using ANET Pro, mainly because I need to HTTP download files. But I have some doubts about switching my app to ANET, these doubts are caused by comparing the ANET version of Georges MP demo with the A7 version from the lite-c tutorial workshop 25.

Both versions work fine, but the A7 tutorial version is much shorter in code and less complicated than ANET. Also, the players move smoother in the A7 version probably because of dead reckoning. I also have the impression that the A7 version needs less bandwidth than ANET.

So it looks as if my code would become larger and more complicated when I move my FPS to ANET Pro, and I would need to implement dead reckoning in script. So here is my suggestion, can you make an ANET version that mimicks the A7 MP commands? This would make code conversion much easier because then you only had to add "anet_" or something to the commands and it would just be search-and-replace. I think you would attract more customers this way. Also, it would be good when dead reckoning were already implemented in the ANET dll.

Second question, will it work when I use ANET for http file transfer only, but A7 for multiplayer? Or must I switch my multiplayer code completely to ANET when I use HTTP commands?

Re: 2 questions to Dark Samurai, about ANET [Re: Tobias] #259341
04/05/09 15:07
04/05/09 15:07
Austria
Dark_samurai Offline
Serious User
Dark_samurai  Offline
Serious User

Austria
Quote:
Both versions work fine, but the A7 tutorial version is much shorter in code and less complicated than ANET. Also, the players move smoother in the A7 version probably because of dead reckoning. I also have the impression that the A7 version needs less bandwidth than ANET.

It's not more complicate (just look into the manual) but it offers you much more. I would compare it with MS PAINT and Photoshop. Paint is easy to use, but if you want to do something complex you will have to use Photoshop.
A DR Template is already finished and will be released with the new ANet version soon (only have to fix one problem, then it will be released).
The bandwidth thing is because the user who converted the AUM example sends the positions of the entities permanently. If you would use DR, you won't have this issue.

Quote:
So here is my suggestion, can you make an ANET version that mimicks the A7 MP commands?

session_open: enet_init_server()
session_close: enet_destroy_host()
sending things: enet_send_var/array/string
update entity: enet_send_pos/flags/skills/angle

You also have the EVENT CONNECTED,... look into anet_set_event().

As you can see, every function that is offerd by gamestudio is also implented in ANet. As I said before, look into the manual. The names of those functions are self explaining.

Quote:
Second question, will it work when I use ANET for http file transfer only, but A7 for multiplayer? Or must I switch my multiplayer code completely to ANET when I use HTTP commands?

Of course you can only use some functions. But be aware that doing a http file transfer is not realy implented in ANet. You can do a HTTP post and receive data this way, but it's not a real file transfer.

You can implement this your selfe with php, by sending the file data through a php script which creates the file.

Something to the usage of the DR Template: All you have to do is to add the script and replace your c_move function by dr_c_move. There is also a HowTo in the new manual that explains the usage of the template.

ANet - A stable and secure network plugin with multi-zone, unlimited players, voip, server-list features,... (for A7/A8)!
get free version

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de