by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (vicknick, AndrewAMD), 1,292 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Looking for custom DLL (paid) #261773
04/20/09 04:21
04/20/09 04:21
PA
Garrettwademan Offline OP
Garrettwademan  Offline OP

PA
Hello. I am in need of two things, please see below. These have to be compatible with C-Script and not Lite-C.

This may already exist but certainly I had no luck finding it. I need either of the following to work with 3D Game Studio as a DLL file. Please email garrett@garrettwademan.com for estimates and which DLL you are able to make.

OPTION 1 DLL: I need a DLL file that I can call and I am able to have it display a website or webpage (HTML with images, text, format, flash as you would see it in the browser) in a panel or be able to put it on a flat plane model as a texture, or basically stream the media of the website onto this flat plane

OPTION 2 DLL: I need a DLL file OR an external BAT or EXE file that goes out and gets images of websites (HTML with images, text, format, flash as you would see it in the browser) and saves it as a JPEG or BMP file in a folder that I specify on the C:\ drive. If it is an external BAT or EXE file I need it to run in the background and be silent with no popups, maybe even have it in the task bar by the system time. The reason it needs to run in the background is because the 3D Game Studio App will be running full screen and I cannot have this custom DLL or EXE minimize the 3D Game Studio application every time it executes with a popup.

Both options must be able to be customized with the following:
- a single text file for the web address it is supposed to contact ex: www.3dgamestudio.com
- a single text file that has a single variable of how often it is to execute and go out to grab the website in seconds ex: 10
- a single text file with 2 variables with a space in between specifying the width and height of the image

The reason for text files is so I can have the user go in and change the text file data on the fly and have the custom DLL or EXE go and pick it up when it is changed and update it accordingly.

If you have another idea please let me know and give me an estimate. The custom DLL or EXE cannot have any memory leaks, so it needs to be stable and be able to run for weeks at a time without eating the RAM.

My goal is to be able to display an active web page in the 3D Game Studio game that players can view. It needs to be refreshed every so many seconds. It can be a skin on a model such as a plane or it can be an image that I can put in a panel. If you have any better ideas please let me know. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to email me or post here. Thanks.

-------------------------------------------------
I am also looking for a custom DLL file that I can use to capture a live video feed from say a camera input on a pci card or some other input device. My goal is to have an incoming TV feed that can display in 3D Game Studio in a panel or as a streaming media feed onto a flat surface. If you have a specific pci card that you can work with, please let me know. This is also paid, please send estimates to garrett@garrettwademan.com. I saw this post...

http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=253315#Post253315

But I am afraid this wont' work with C-Script, and it is geared towards a webcam.

Last edited by Garrettwademan; 04/20/09 04:31.

Current Project: Computer Repair Simulator
https://www.computer-repair-simulator.com
Re: Looking for custom DLL (paid) [Re: Garrettwademan] #262105
04/21/09 23:02
04/21/09 23:02
MMike Offline
Serious User
MMike  Offline
Serious User

for the camera thing there is a solution like webcam appl dll, already there on contributions.

Re: Looking for custom DLL (paid) [Re: MMike] #262316
04/23/09 04:25
04/23/09 04:25
PA
Garrettwademan Offline OP
Garrettwademan  Offline OP

PA
Right I did see that but I need this for C-Script, not Lite C. If I am not mistaken this won't work. I have tried to work it in with no success.

Current Project: Computer Repair Simulator
https://www.computer-repair-simulator.com

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de