by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, dr_panther), 1,282 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Better Mirrors #264445
05/06/09 10:39
05/06/09 10:39
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
I've been trying to figure out what's the best way to add mirrors using the latest A7 commercial edition...

I never liked the method where you had to leave an equal or bigger sized empty room behind the 'mirror' entity, to have an ala Terminator 2 Mirror effect.. I couldn't possibly ask from my level designer to do this every time he needs to add a mirror..

So, I'm guessing the latest working mirrors are fx_mirrorFloor() from mtlFX.c. So, a few things about that..

a) There's a typo inside mtlFx.c resulting in the new (as I understand it there's an old and a new mirror floor Fx inside mtlFX.c) mirror floor action to be inaccessible from WED. (mtlFX.c) Line 974, it says: "action fx_mirrorWater()" where it should say "action fx_mirrorFloor()".

b) I corrected the typo and applied the action to my mirror model and it works, but the mirrored idol is really, really jaggy:

Click here to see the image full-sized

It looks really bad, to the point where the whole effect becomes unusable.. Can anything be done about this?

c) Is there any way this effect can easily be modified to work for vertical mirrors? If you'll just say it's easy, I'll try to have a go at it myself.

All in all, I'm just trying to have a toilet sink mirror, like this:

Should I keep trying to work with the effect in mtlFX.c, or would it actually be easier to start looking for vertical mirror shader .fx files on the net?

You once said in a similar thread to let you know if I need any help with an Intense X feature.. The mirror stuff, is so I can add something like this to IX, for plug and play mirrors:

I use this method to import a model with an IX Action already attached to it with just 1 click. It's used on generic stuff like weapons, ammo, healthpacks, level entry/level exit, etc:

Cheers,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Better Mirrors [Re: LarryLaffer] #265351
05/12/09 08:58
05/12/09 08:58
Frankfurt
jcl Offline

Chief Engineer
jcl  Offline

Chief Engineer

Frankfurt
For better quality, you'll just need a higher resolution of the mirror bitmap in the mtlFX.c; and for a bathroom mirror you'll need a different material event with a horizontal instead of a vertical reflection. I'll put this on my list.

Re: Better Mirrors [Re: jcl] #286778
08/27/09 10:48
08/27/09 10:48
Germany
pegamode Offline
Serious User
pegamode  Offline
Serious User

Germany
Is there a code for a bathroom mirror by now?

Or could someone modify the code of the vertical reflection shader so that it can be used for a bathroom mirror?

Best regards,
Pegamode.

Moderated by  aztec, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de