Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/20/24 01:28
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 609 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
AUM based user Templates #265804
05/14/09 09:01
05/14/09 09:01
Southern Oceans
KiwiBoy Offline OP
KiwiBoy  Offline OP

Southern Oceans
Hi, been doing a project for a member here and thught it might be a good idea to finish off a mates project at the same time.

While AUM has many good example projects and George is unflinching in his help to noobs like me theres still room for more user type examples or a system to plug in and run with a ready made script base to create such samples.

So I took up my mates project in the interim and am compiling a series of AUM based templates.

The first is 3rd person as discribed in User Contributions and is coming along nicely.

I think there are enough examples in AUM to satisfy all gendres typical here but none for machinema unless you took the cut scenes as machinema smile

I ve got screens coming up of some aspects of the demo level being built and will use the code base on that after I have completed the members project level.

To follow
1st person
RPG including asset creation and use
Flight
Swiming

Converting my mates old A6 demos to lite-c (turn based tank scene with deformable terrains, Another with basic AI, both good for example levels.

The thought is to complete, test thru the forums then upload to AUM.

If you have ideas for Template systems I would be very interested in them.

The purpose is to make available to new users a versatile collection of current and up to date demo scenes, examples and simulations using only AUM based resources.

I am also hopiing to standadise open source user scripting format to enable ease of referencing and debugging.

Use the 'manual' Luke, the manual is your friend. 'Self reminder' smile

My WebPage
Re: AUM based user Templates [Re: KiwiBoy] #267935
05/26/09 22:32
05/26/09 22:32
Southern Oceans
KiwiBoy Offline OP
KiwiBoy  Offline OP

Southern Oceans
Some screens of currenet content creation showing the world of Guupy,a character that is hatched, and evolves into a land based bipedal to eventually discover the world is actually a massive generation/sleeper type space cruiser.

ScreenShots

Having a bit of bother with conversions to lite C but the project is coming on nicely due to the 'Book Tutorial' project which uses the template system as it is being written.

Use the 'manual' Luke, the manual is your friend. 'Self reminder' smile

My WebPage
Re: AUM based user Templates [Re: KiwiBoy] #267999
05/27/09 07:08
05/27/09 07:08
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
nice idea!
but you need better textures for the rock, I believe, and the atmosphere could use a little work.
I really like the idea though smile

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de