by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (Baklazhan, AndrewAMD, Ayumi, Hanky27), 1,277 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
strange light problems (formerly 'dynamic') #265938
05/15/09 07:53
05/15/09 07:53
S
sydan Offline OP
sydan  Offline OP
S

I know I've already posted this in the lite-C section but I don't think its the right section. I'm not sure how to deal with that one.

I really need this problem solved but I have no idea how to start.

Basically I have a room with a static light and a dynamic light occupying the same spot. This is because I want dynamic shadows for models. However at certain places within the room objects will become very dark, for no reason at all, and only when I use the dynamic light (update: they also change colour and is NOT dependant on the dynamic light, it now shows up with the static only). I have no idea why, and no way of solving it.

Has anyone had this problem before? Does anyone know how to solve it?

I would get screenshots for you but I don't have a web server that I can put them on....

EDIT: Weird colour effects + darkness + static lights also have this effect + screen shot

Here you can see the problem quite clearly. The grey 'tank' is the normal. The white is wrong, as clearly are the black, green and blue. Yellow also appears. I don't understand this problem.

After increasing tesselation and light quality it only happens at this point that you can see in the shot. Except the new colour problem appears.

Any ideas?

Last edited by sydan; 05/15/09 17:45.

For some reason, my ambition always seems to beat my ability.
Re: Dynamic light problems [Re: sydan] #265939
05/15/09 07:59
05/15/09 07:59
Switzerland
Hitsch Offline
Hitsch  Offline

Switzerland
Images would really help a lot.

If you don't have a server, I'd use ImageShack.

Re: Dynamic light problems [Re: Hitsch] #265940
05/15/09 08:02
05/15/09 08:02
S
sydan Offline OP
sydan  Offline OP
S

Ok I can't get then up right now because imageshack is blocked in college. As soon as I can I will.

I thought the places where the objects end up dark were completely random but Im not sure they are. I changed the model im using for the dynamic light and I think it changed the areas where things show up dark but its not easy to tell. IT doesn't effect the map textures.

Re: Dynamic light problems [Re: sydan] #265950
05/15/09 09:38
05/15/09 09:38
Southern Oceans
KiwiBoy Offline
KiwiBoy  Offline

Southern Oceans
Dynamic lights need vertices to act upon I think so if your wall meshes are only one quad (2 poly's or tri's) the light is probably not reaching the vert to act upon the scene on model objects.

Increase the tesselate functions a bit more in advanced build mode than default to improve light effects or increase the mesh for walls where dynamic lights need to effect them.
LOD wil help resolve lag issues if you start down that road, that is, heaps of model poly's in scene.

Use the 'manual' Luke, the manual is your friend. 'Self reminder' smile

My WebPage
Re: Dynamic light problems [Re: KiwiBoy] #265955
05/15/09 10:11
05/15/09 10:11
S
sydan Offline OP
sydan  Offline OP
S

So either adapt the advance build settings to increase the 'tesselate functions' or add more blocks to buld a wall? Sorry Im not hugely experienced with level construction. Tesselate funtions: does that mean how it breaks up the textures on the blocks?

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de