by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (alibaba, vicknick), 1,379 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Little story needed for hack and slay game #266297
05/17/09 12:00
05/17/09 12:00
Hamburg, Germany
slacer Offline OP
Expert
slacer  Offline OP
Expert

Hamburg, Germany
Hello,

I had some nice time with a psp game "untold legends - warriors code" and want to write a tiny game like that.

While I have already tons of assets for medieval games collected since years, I am in need of a little story...

Any small ideas for a game with 3 levels?

-- slacer

Re: Little story needed for hack and slay game [Re: slacer] #266302
05/17/09 12:21
05/17/09 12:21
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
describe the level style and some quick info on the player model and enemies

Re: Little story needed for hack and slay game [Re: darkinferno] #266306
05/17/09 12:37
05/17/09 12:37
take me down to the paradise c...
Cowabanga Offline
Expert
Cowabanga  Offline
Expert

take me down to the paradise c...
He needs a story before designing.

@slacer: Sorry, no ideas frown

Re: Little story needed for hack and slay game [Re: Cowabanga] #266311
05/17/09 13:04
05/17/09 13:04
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
Originally Posted By: Cowabanga
He needs a story before designing.

@slacer: Sorry, no ideas frown

oh, THATS what he meant, i thought he had like, the models and levels and just wanted a story to wrap around it... but in order to make the story, we have to know what is available, the player character at least

Last edited by darkinferno; 05/17/09 13:04.
Re: Little story needed for hack and slay game [Re: darkinferno] #266318
05/17/09 13:41
05/17/09 13:41
Hamburg, Germany
slacer Offline OP
Expert
slacer  Offline OP
Expert

Hamburg, Germany
I think I have about 30 characters for this game, most are lowpoly but this should not be a problem because the game should be in isometric view - like diablo II or the game mentioned in my first post.

Textures and models are available, too.
I have asked blattsalat to reactivate my download links to be able to use the ingame icons for potions, gold, etc. This means, I could start very soon.

What is missing?
- Sound effects and music
- a short story to describe the goal of the game, to have a starting point for the quests to solve, etc.

I don't want to sell this game, I just want to make it smile

Without a story, the player would run around, kill everything what moves and collects all what pops up if he kills a monster... That would be far to boring, to keep you ingame for 20 minutes.

While I like diablo II and untold legends, I don't want to create a clone of these games. Just a game 'like' those games.

Re: Little story needed for hack and slay game [Re: slacer] #266319
05/17/09 13:53
05/17/09 13:53
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
Short story?

A dragon who has been good and who protected the country had become evil and a threat of the country. There is only one chance to save the country: defeat him, break the spell which made him evil, and revive him. And, guess who is the hero who has to solve that problem? wink

Re: Little story needed for hack and slay game [Re: Pappenheimer] #266320
05/17/09 14:06
05/17/09 14:06
İstanbul, Turkey
Quad Offline
Senior Expert
Quad  Offline
Senior Expert

İstanbul, Turkey
and same curse that affected the dragon had side effects, the most brave and powerful warriors(3 people) of the country have become druids, they need to both save themselves and the Dragon - The Kudret (this is the dragons name).

warriors are "Kurt" the Rogue Assassin,"Aslan" the berserker warrior and "Zehir" the dark/battle magician. Kurt can turn in to a wolf, Aslan can turn into a lion,Zehir can turn into a snake.

Also there is that fourth spirit, guiding the warriors through, which is believed to be the image of the good soul of dragon. By time goes on spirit gets weaker, and asks for help.

at the end Heroes save the country.To revive the dragon they sacrifice themselves, their souls gets isolated and bind all together with the spirit to revive the dragon..

And heroes, remain living in legends.

Last edited by Quadraxas; 05/17/09 14:07.

Re: Little story needed for hack and slay game [Re: Quad] #266330
05/17/09 14:53
05/17/09 14:53
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
ummm, oo k then....

MY story, this was planned for a game idea that my friends wanted me to make but has been canceled...

the game starts, player is at a tomb stone, the words "died for honor, mother of player, wife of james" embedded into it... a scream breaks the calm and player rushes towards his village, Ashra meets him at the gate, her skin pale from the excess use of her healing powers, around her, bodies scarred and mutilated, she tells of great warriors that came looking for player's father, player hears combat in the distance and rushes to assist, while making his way through the village, his home, he sees villagers, his friends, dead... anger arises, he heads home to collect his fathers sword, missing, so he knows his father is fighting, player grabs a small blade and rushes towards the battlefield where his father is surrounded by three dark warriors, the fight stops, they all look towards him...

could be continued...

Last edited by darkinferno; 05/17/09 14:59.
Re: Little story needed for hack and slay game [Re: darkinferno] #266337
05/17/09 15:08
05/17/09 15:08
Hamburg, Germany
slacer Offline OP
Expert
slacer  Offline OP
Expert

Hamburg, Germany
Great ideas, thank you all laugh

Did I mention, that a dragon is part of my model collection? smile

Its time for me to go back to pen and paper and write down more background ideas, sketch some places, etc.

Thanks for helping me
-- slacer

Re: Little story needed for hack and slay game [Re: slacer] #267341
05/23/09 10:59
05/23/09 10:59
Toronto
MadMark Offline
User
MadMark  Offline
User

Toronto
1) The game starts with a cut-scene, you are cloaked in darkenss except a faint silvery blue tint of light slanting in through your wooden framed window providing just enough light to make out the familiar surroundings of a pauper's bedroom. All goes black as your eyes close.

A sudden blast of trumptes jars you awake. The darkness is suddenly split by bright orange, shifting light pouring in through the window. You dash to the window, and it becomes too apparent that your village is under siege! Fire is erupting everywhere, and a dark, winged shape crosses in front of the silvery moon. The unmistakable silouette of a dragon!

It trumpets loudly again, and swoops in to land on your neighbour's small house, tearing into the roof with its great talon tipped hands. It reaches in and extracts a terrified villager from his bed. He is tossed casually into the air, and his screaming rag-doll form drops into the dragon's gaping maw. Fire streams out of its mouth into the little house, and it unfurls its ragged wings. The dragon raises its enormous head to trumpet once more, before taking flight again to start circling directly above your own humble abode.

The player is free to move. If he hangs around long enough, he gets to hear the dragon land, shaking loose a few timbers, rip a hole in the roof, and then check out the dragon's dental work. Otherwise, he can gather as many articles as possible in the 5 - 10 seconds that it takes for the dragon to land, rip open the roof, and blast him with a little brimstone scented breath.

The most logical course of action is to grab a weapon, some sort of armor if its available, and run like hell to the forest for cover. Looking back should display the village being destryoed as the dragon feeds its ravenous hunger.

Dragons have never been a problem before, and the player has only heard stories of their ferocity and size, until now...

The player's mission, should they accept it, is to track down the dragon that has suddenly appeared, and remove the threat to the 6 remaining villages. Others may be willing to aid them in their dangerous quest.

Just one scenario. Makes it interesting, keeps it personal.

2) You are a rare breed. Stron, confident. You own the skies, you are a Dragon Rider.

You start your game in-flight, bearing down, head-on towards an opponent. You hold your lance in one hand, and your shield in the other as you move rapidly through the sky. Your opponent is similarly armed, and ready for the inevitable collission. Your sword is by your side, its ornate pummel shining brightly in the sun's glare.

In the distance in and among the clouds, you can see other dragon riders astride their mounts, jousting or fighting by sword, tooth and claw. Breath weapons are of little use in such close proximity to your own legion-mates. You must first win this battle, and then push on to finish the war, victorious! The future of the entire fifedom is at stake.
Long live the queen!

Cheers!
Mark

People who live in glass houses shouldn't vacuum naked.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  adoado, checkbutton, mk_1, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de