by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 947 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Auto-Hide Selection When Painting in Photoshop? #268881
05/31/09 16:33
05/31/09 16:33
Virginia, USA
Dan Silverman Offline OP
Senior Expert
Dan Silverman  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Virginia, USA
Hey! Here's a totally off-topic question, but I know a lot of you use Photoshop. I was watching a painting tutorial for Photoshop and the person would make a selection with the lasso tool and then paint in the selection. When they painted, the selection disappeared, which made it a lot easier to see what was going on as he painted. I know that I can press CTRL+H to hide the selection, but is there a way to make the selection auto-hide when you start to paint? It's sort of a pain to keep pressing CTRL+H every time, especially if you are selecting/painting a lot, one after the other, etc.

Thanks in advance!

Professional 2D, 3D and Real-Time 3D Content Creation:
HyperGraph Studios
Re: Auto-Hide Selection When Painting in Photoshop? [Re: Dan Silverman] #268946
05/31/09 22:03
05/31/09 22:03
Hamburg, Germany
slacer Offline
Expert
slacer  Offline
Expert

Hamburg, Germany
Hi,

I guess you are working with a graphic tablet and don't want to touch the keyboard during your work far after each selection.

On the other hand you are switching between lasso and pen very often.
Is there no way to simply create a macro and assign it to a shortcut which switches from selection to hide selection + use pen tool?

I only own Photoshop Elements and cannot create such macros, but you know it is possible to even create more complex steps.

If you use the mouse instead of pen+tablet, is there no way to assign CTRL+H to you middle mouse button click? (There should be a difference between mouse wheel for zoom and click)

[off-topic] Can you show us some of you latest game related artwork?
Maybe I missed a thread, but it seems there was no "update" from you for a long time. smile

Best regards
Michael

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de