by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, 7th_zorro, dr_panther), 1,297 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
ball physics problems #273914
06/24/09 22:30
06/24/09 22:30
Scotland/India
N
noobeez Offline OP
noobeez  Offline OP
N

Scotland/India
We are working on a 3d platformer physics based game(3rd person) and our main character happens to be a ball.We are facing some probelms with the physics.

1.Everytime the ball falls off the level I reset the coordinates of the ball to its original ones(0,0,0).The moment i press reset the physics and the camera get totally screwed up for no apparent reason what so ever.The funny thing is that this happens every alternate time i reset.Eg:The first time i compile the physics and camera seem fine,the first time i reset its all screwed.The second time i reset its back to being normal.And so on.

2.I have a jump feature that enables the ball to jump when a button is pressed.At times the ball jumps way too high and when it comes down it manages to get stuck(hovers about couple of units above the ground).When this happens,if i try to move the ball it keeps rotating in the same position(hovering) but doesnt move so i have to eventually re-run my code.

If you guys can help us out on this it would be great.We are really having a tough time fixing the physics.

Team noobeez.Representing India at the Dare to be Digital Competition in Dundee,Scotland.We are making a 3d platformer called "Colour Scheme".
Re: ball physics problems [Re: noobeez] #277705
07/10/09 09:29
07/10/09 09:29
Wagga, Australia
the_mehmaster Offline
User
the_mehmaster  Offline
User

Wagga, Australia
Many of these issues are native to ODE. I once attempted a project exactly like that, with the same results. I suggest moving to newton, as it is much more stable.

Re: ball physics problems [Re: the_mehmaster] #281956
07/29/09 17:01
07/29/09 17:01
Scotland/India
N
noobeez Offline OP
noobeez  Offline OP
N

Scotland/India
Well wev kinda hacked the physics to behave in a not so wierd way.Im defenitely gonna look into newton for future physics based projects with Game Studio.

Thanks anyways..:D

Team noobeez.Representing India at the Dare to be Digital Competition in Dundee,Scotland.We are making a 3d platformer called "Colour Scheme".

Moderated by  HeelX, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de