by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, 7th_zorro), 923 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Intense X #275022
06/29/09 19:04
06/29/09 19:04
6 Images
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
Intense X

Hello all,

I'm forced to open a new showcase thread since the old one became too cluttered, I can't change the pics (thread was made before the forum update) and it's not even the same product anymore (before we only offered AI, but Intense X is now much much more than that).

If you've never heard of Intense X before, it's a plugin that my team and I are working for well over 10 years now shocked. It's a tool for beginner programmers and artists to make games using powerful AAA game techniques (most Intense X code is directly influenced and taught to me by Jeff Orkin himself, lead programmer for games such as King's Quest, TRON 2, F.E.A.R., and Condemned). It's also a tool for advanced programmers that don't want to re-invent the wheel in matters as pathfinding and goal oriented AI.

You may use Intense X to either create a new project, or activate it to your current game. Using Intense X's WED panels you can easily select which features you want to have Intense X handle, and which you want to tackle yourself. Even after installing IX to your existing game, it will behave exactly the same until you start enabling IX features for it.

The reason I'm making this thread now is because Copper 1.0 has finally been released! Before you buy, you could try Intense X Copper Trial for 30 days, or even use our freeware product, Intense X Zinc.

Intense X Zinc is the successor of Intense Pathfinding 2. It's a free, open sourced (when it comes to pathfinding code) tool that you can very easily add to your own existing projects with one-click. Its main features include static and dynamic pathfinding, player/npc movement and a complete camera system (1st person, 3rd person, free camera). You may use Intense X Zinc free indefinitely without any credits required. Youtube Tutorial link on Zinc follows:

Intense X Zinc video tutorial

If you're interested in the Intense X Copper Trial edition, you should still download Intense X Zinc, and from WED go to: Menu->Help->Intense X About->Start Copper 1.0.0 Trial. Intense X Copper Trial is a fully functional Copper edition that will even let you publish your games for the 30 day period, but uses closed source code, in contrast with Intense X Copper 1.0 (non-trial) which is fully written in open sourced Lite-C Code.

For more information on Intense X, please visit our website at: http://www.intense-i.com.

For the lazy ones, you can download Zinc directly from here. If you're interested you may also want to read our Online Documentaton, watch our video tutorials or drop by our community and say hi.

Cheers,
Aris
Last edited by LarryLaffer; 07/16/09 04:34. Reason: New Image
19 Comments
Re: Intense X [Re: Joozey] #275639
07/02/09 03:11
07/02/09 03:11
Just down the road from Raven
BlueBeast Offline
Serious User
BlueBeast  Offline
Serious User

Just down the road from Raven
Sorry to do this here, but as of the time i'm writing this...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARRY!!!

now back on topic... will there be a demo for this latest version?

Gamestudio Pro 6.4
Pentium 4 3.0 GHz 800MHz BUS
AtiRadeon 9800 pro 256Mb 21" Monitor
1 Gig DDR RAM
36 Gig RAPTOR SATA+ 120 Gig SATA
SB Audigy 2 w/ 450 watt Logitech Z680 5.1

www.nordicepitaph.com
Re: Intense X [Re: Joozey] #275707
07/02/09 08:29
07/02/09 08:29
take me down to the paradise c...
Cowabanga Offline
Expert
Cowabanga  Offline
Expert

take me down to the paradise c...
This is AMAZING!! Gotta try it!! laugh

Re: Intense X [Re: Joozey] #275805
07/02/09 12:42
07/02/09 12:42
atari98 Offline
atari98  Offline

Perfec Gameplay

Meine Fun Websiten
www.free4-fun.de.tl

www.gamer-liga-live.de.tl

Meine Game-Projekt Websiten
www.gamer-projects.de.tl
Re: Intense X [Re: atari98] #275886
07/02/09 16:11
07/02/09 16:11
O
ortucis Offline
ortucis  Offline
O

It's says "First person weapon system" here so how easy is it to make a third person game (like GTA) and top down game (like Warcraft 3) with the Copper version? Is it easy to setup different kind of player cams (third, first, top down, birds eye, over the shoulder.. etc.) using IntenseX?

Asking because this looks really worth the money featurewise (but I am not working on and FPS).

Click to reveal.. (warning)
Re: Intense X [Re: ortucis] #275913
07/02/09 18:16
07/02/09 18:16
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Quote:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LARRY!!!

Thank you smile

Quote:
now back on topic... will there be a demo for this latest version?

Copper Trial 1.0 is already available. You may enable it (optionally) after you've installed Zinc. No banners or pop-ups, there's just a tiny "Activate Copper 1.0 Trial" button in Intense X's About page.. I didn't release Zinc to promote Copper, I did it so I can take down the outdated Intense Pathfinding 2 product since people had many problems installing it to their projects.

Quote:
It's says "First person weapon system" here so how easy is it to make a third person game (like GTA) and top down game (like Warcraft 3) with the Copper version?

Hello ortucis,

IntenseX is mainly an open source package of a bunch of features that we've written using optimized code found in modern games and converting them to lite-c. My main source of inspiration comes from the excellent Ai Game Programming Wisdom and Game Programming Gems series which I highly recommend for everyone. I'm also an affiliate of igda where some of the most highly respected game programmers can be found such as Buckland (ai-junkie), Reynolds (Sony), Orkin (Monolith) and Porcino (LucasArts) and some lesser known ones like... Doug (conitec ex-employee smile ).

The idea behind Intense X is that you can add and remove any feature you like by using panels from inside WED, and also be able to fully customize those features to suit your game needs, again, by just using panels.

If you are a non-programmer, you shouldn't buy Copper for making a GTA clone or Warcraft 3 game since its features will not be enough to make a game like that. As we add more features to further Intense X editions, we'll be releasing different game genre demos that can be made with IX and no programming. As it stands, Copper comes with only an FPS demo game called Standoff. If you like, stop by our forums and vote for Intense X Silver's wishlist, coming up this August.

If you are a programmer, you can benefit from some of Intense X features, such as the camera system, player/npc movement, ai, weapon system, customizable GUI, Level loader, etc and work on everything else on your own. You won't have to include all of Intense X's features, so even though IX provides a First person weapon system, you don't necessarily have to use it (for a GTA clone, you could use IX's 3rd person weapon system, also available in copper).

To get a better understanding of how Intense X works, I suggest you take a quick look at the online documentation and tutorials page.

Quote:
Is it easy to setup different kind of player cams (third, first, top down, birds eye, over the shoulder.. etc.) using IntenseX?

Intense X offers 3 different camera systems, first, third and free. You can fully customize the third person camera to create top down, over the shoulder, etc, or use the free camera for ultimate control. The player will then be able to cycle through all different camera types you've created.

Third Person Camera Panel

Camera Input Panel

Cheers,
Aris

Re: Intense X [Re: LarryLaffer] #275977
07/02/09 23:55
07/02/09 23:55
O
ortucis Offline
ortucis  Offline
O

Thanks for the info. I will lurk around the forums on your site (for some reason I missed that) and read the tutorials to see if I can use it for my project.

Click to reveal.. (warning)
Re: Intense X [Re: ortucis] #278912
07/16/09 05:07
07/16/09 05:07
Pittsburgh PA
RAFU Offline
RAFU  Offline

Pittsburgh PA
Silver is starting to get close, We posted a teaser trailer for it Here.

More to come soon!

INTENSE X: The ultimate plug-in for Gamestudio. Available now!
Join our Forums now! Discuss, Vote and win Free Upgrades!
Re: Intense X [Re: RAFU] #278934
07/16/09 08:55
07/16/09 08:55
T
the_clown Offline
User
the_clown  Offline
User
T

Cool! Blood decals! I like it! Now the demo please!

Re: Intense X [Re: RAFU] #279122
07/16/09 16:12
07/16/09 16:12
Switzerland, Oberriet
proteK Offline
proteK  Offline

Switzerland, Oberriet
Uh, i can't wait smile I start a new project in the near future and a good AI ist a important thing.

I need Silver smile

Last edited by proteK; 07/16/09 16:12.
Re: Intense X [Re: Joozey] #440761
05/01/14 15:14
05/01/14 15:14

T
tolu619
Unregistered
tolu619
Unregistered
T

The links to the website don't work. Says the domain is up for sale. How can I get IntenseX now?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de