Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
M1 Oversampling
by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/28/24 09:55
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (M_D, AndrewAMD), 1,222 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: Machinery_Frank] #278930
07/16/09 08:50
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
Quote:
They are showing us cells. Big deal, let them make a cell from nothing in their garage and then i will be a believer. lol laugh

I guess we have a deal then grin. Now we just sit and wait...

Quote:
All this makes much sense. So I really dont see why RanMan talks in such an arrogant way about atheists with tons of little vilifications and some grim comments (especially in the first post).

Indeed, RanMan sounds much less nice than usual. Something happened the past months?

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: Machinery_Frank] #278931
Australia
A
adoado Offline

User
adoado  Offline

User
A

Australia
Indeed. I have not read through the whole post here, but based on the title, I think what I am saying is relevant :P

[quote=Machinery_Frank
Our body makes lots of sense and evolution can be seen easily.[/quote]

In support to Frank's post, I do not think there is anything special about the human body, and why it is so. It is a perfect adaptation over a very long time, where adverse traits are bread out, and eventually we become highly specialized in our own environment.

Just like a bird is to flying, and a fish to water.

There is no need for a higher-order explanation. It works as it is.

Cheers,
Adrian

Visit our development blog: http://yellloh.com
Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: adoado] #279072
07/16/09 14:15
07/16/09 14:15
Germany
Lukas Offline

Programmer
Lukas  Offline

Programmer

Germany
Ran Man, you ignored my argument that you are mixing up infinity and zero. Please read my last post again.

"Yes, many cultures assume that BAAL is another term for Satan, but diseases can be caused by your diet and also your way of life. Did you expect God to cause lightening or something in order to help people choose correctly? no, the entire thing is "free will" based."
Being infected by a virus is surely not free will based.

If we really were designed, why do we like to eat sweet and fatty food? It's bad for us, so why did god give us the desire to eat it and not the desire to eat vegetables?
Evolution can answer this. When we were still living like monkeys, we sweet and fatty food, which had the most energy, were rare. So any time this food is available, we eat it. Today fast food is always available, so we tend to eat too much of it and to become fat.

Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: EvilSOB] #279130
07/16/09 16:52
07/16/09 16:52
Oklahoma
S
Schultz Offline
Schultz  Offline
S

Oklahoma
Dan Silverman won't be out here in a long, long time.
He was sentenced to 18 months in prison regarding his own daughter...
http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/211015
Even Richard Dawkins attacks Dan: http://richarddawkins.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=87082
Also, Dan's former Deacon from the same church, an accountability partner, got 225 years for what he did to his own daughters.
http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/210147

What a site.

Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: Lukas] #279131
07/16/09 16:54
07/16/09 16:54
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline OP
Expert
Ran Man  Offline OP
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Originally Posted By: Lukas

But let's assume, what you say about spirits and gods is true. You say they live forever. So they live for an infinite time. Now you say time does not exist. confused
This does not make sense. You mix up infinity and zero. That's an infinite error! grin

Yes, well Carl Sagan recognized a possible "other world" in existence around our world in this video below.
Click on the link below to see it.
CARL SAGAN AND THE 4TH DIMENSION

Yes, since time is only a measurement of physical decay, then how can time exist when there are no zero's? Meaning that, if time is not affecting a decay of a particular being in a particular place, then time itself has become meaningless. wink

In any event, I wrote a praise song for all "time" believing atheist to sing.
All faiths need to sing to their god, in this case Kronos, so here is a song to the atheist god KRONO'S .

Please everyone, turn to page # 666 in your song hymn book and sing.

A MIGHT FORTRESS IS CHRONO'S

A might fortress is lord Chrono's .
For time is our great creator.

We know that time causes great decay.
but faith tells us we are not created in any way.

Now when the christians come to us with truth.
We instead believe our theories like some kooks.

We know that there is no god.
Except lord Chrono's , the timeless pod.

lol, hahaha! grin grin grin

Okay, nice and fun talking with you all. laugh

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: Ran Man] #279138
07/16/09 18:04
07/16/09 18:04
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Cool, we're back paddling into 'other worlds' right now.

The irony in that is that to some extent this actually makes sense. After all, a being limited to 3 dimensions, can't directly look into the 4th or 5th dimension because of it's perspective. Using tricks we can certainly understand it, but that's merely the theoretical part, right?

I'm sure by the time we figure out some alien ancestors created our universe from within a different dimension, people would argue God must have made them too. wink

I really don't see why creation must have happened. It makes no sense at all knowing how life has been a chain reaction of evolution that can be easily understood.

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: Schultz] #279165
07/16/09 19:32
07/16/09 19:32
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
Originally Posted By: Schultz
Dan Silverman won't be out here in a long, long time.
He was sentenced to 18 months in prison regarding his own daughter...
http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/211015
Even Richard Dawkins attacks Dan: http://richarddawkins.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=87082
Also, Dan's former Deacon from the same church, an accountability partner, got 225 years for what he did to his own daughters.
http://www.roanoke.com/news/roanoke/wb/210147

What a site.

Holy shit. I can't believe that.

Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: lostclimate] #279173
07/16/09 19:58
07/16/09 19:58
Oklahoma
S
Schultz Offline
Schultz  Offline
S

Oklahoma
Yeah, I couldn't believe it either. I had emailed him and it wasn't like him to not respond to an intellectual debate. Then, I noticed his blog was down and then I just checked the news knowing he was talking about an upcoming case. I knew it was his daughter who accused him. Strange stuff. Don't think he'll be posting out here for at least 18 months.
This is stranger than fiction. Strange world we live in...

Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: Schultz] #279193
07/16/09 20:49
07/16/09 20:49
R
rose Offline
rose  Offline
R

One big difference between Silverman and Stone was that Stone (the former deacon) took responsibility for what he did and showed remorse for doing it. Silverman confessed twice to the charges and his pychological evaluation showed that he is in denial, yet now he claims he is innocent.

Re: The Human Body - Ok Foolish Atheist, who made your body??? [Re: rose] #279198
07/16/09 21:07
07/16/09 21:07
Oklahoma
S
Schultz Offline
Schultz  Offline
S

Oklahoma
Yeah. It appears the Dean Stone guy turned himself in and confessed before the Heritage Baptist Church/Cult congregation and Bob Barton (the other pastor before Dan Silverman). Dan Silverman confessed only after being in jail. I don't know how much stock one can put into a psychological evaluation, but their findings were interesting. Seems if Silverman was innocent, he wouldn't have confessed one thing to some, something else to others, and then blogged a very different thing altogether (he grazed her chest when she was falling or what have you) and he would have DEMANDED a lie detector test for both parties and took this to trial. If his daughter failed the test, and he passed it, wouldn't this have been the best evidence ever. Dan was advised in his blog comments to take this very route. What a redneck soap opera to have to sort out. Speaking of Human Bodies, I wish folks would leave children's bodies alone...

Page 8 of 12 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite