Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
M1 Oversampling
by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/28/24 09:55
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,238 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Some clearing up please (yes, another atheist thread) #279114
07/16/09 15:41
07/16/09 15:41
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline OP
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
A pro-atheist one even!

Anyway, maybe ye believers can help me clear up some questions:

For example. If I recall correctly (and if I don't, just ignore this part completely and recite me the story how it really went) when Adam and Eve were in paradise, there was this nice big apple tree somewhere in that garden (maybe even the center?), with (golden?) apples that for some super awesome reason would give you some kind of knowledge or something. Anyway, god really didn't want Mr. and Mrs. First-Of-Their-Kind to eat from that apple because its Evil!(TM). He even warns them every now and then and they never think about that silly tree again. Then some snake comes along (mind you, a TALKING snake, how awesome is that?!) and convinces Mrs. Eve to eat an apple, or take a bite, or whatever. God promptly punishes then, throws them out of paradise and through some miracle they manage to produce millions of children that have different DNA all over the world without a single prospect of any deformity by having incest. Now how awesome must their DNA have been to take all those generations without deteriorating?

Anyway, why would such a loving benelovent god put that damn fucking tree down there anyway, if it was so imperative for them NOT TO EAT APPLES FROM THAT DAMN TREE, why did he create that tree AT ALL? Yes, yes, free will bla bla. Lets take this example:

If I had children (let's talk about babies here) I wouldn't put a loaded 9mm handgun in the midst of their toys. But let's assume I did, and I tell them vigorously not to play with that thing. Eventually they will toy around with it and somebody gets hurt. Yes, my babies have a damn free will, but why would I go and test if they do what daddy says by placing something dangerous in their midst? The reasoning somehow eludes me.

Let's jump to my second question here:

All those stars up in the sky. Scientists have already proven that those stars are real and not shiny angels or little light bulbs screwed on, on some ginormous 360° panorama sphere.

Now there are millions of galaxies, each featuring billions of stars with a couple dozen of planets around them.

Now why the hell would god create such a gigantic universe if the only people who believe in THE god, the ultimative, unquestionable, omniscient, omnipotent ubermensch/god being, live on earth, why would there be so many planets out there?

Was he bored or something? Maybe he wants people to go out and settle on that planets... but no wait! A little logic error, sorry, to get there we need science, now silly me, how could I ever think of that!

Maybe at some point in time God will provide us with a Faith-Highway to other planets. Yes, that sounds much more likely.

And what if some day little blue/green/pink men/women from some other planet come to visit and they tell you they believe in "CHOPSTICK!". Who is to say that they are wrong and that YOU, and yes ONLY YOU(!) are right. That GOD ("Father", being his more concrete name I presume?) is infact THE god.

Why is it absolutely not possible that you believe in the wrong god? Who is to say that maybe CHOPSTICK! is the real uber-deity after all, and that the bible you are reading now was their bible sent to earth, but there were some little translation errors on the way. After all, nobody's perfect.

I'm really curious... Please endulge me!

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku
Re: Some clearing up please (yes, another atheist thread) [Re: Michael_Schwarz] #279121
07/16/09 16:06
07/16/09 16:06
Germany, Luebeck
Xarthor Offline
Expert
Xarthor  Offline
Expert

Germany, Luebeck
You made my day smile and I apologise for not providing anything useful to this topic!

Re: Some clearing up please (yes, another atheist thread) [Re: Michael_Schwarz] #279139
07/16/09 18:07
07/16/09 18:07
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Quote:
Why is it absolutely not possible that you believe in the wrong god?

You'll quickly run into the 'faith' issue here. They do not know whether or not their God even exists, let alone if they're praying to the one true God (which probably doesn't exist either, regardless of what you'd call it)... but it doesn't matter to them, as they simply believe to be right. Blind faith... got to love it. wink

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Some clearing up please (yes, another atheist thread) [Re: PHeMoX] #279438
07/17/09 16:18
07/17/09 16:18
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline OP
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
24 hours, no answer... thought so wink

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku
Re: Some clearing up please (yes, another atheist thread) [Re: Michael_Schwarz] #279444
07/17/09 16:44
07/17/09 16:44
Deutsch Niedersachsen
Puppeteer Offline
Expert
Puppeteer  Offline
Expert

Deutsch Niedersachsen
=D

Its just like picking the "good" parts out of the bible by saying "this one is a symbol.. and this one not"

Formally known as Omega
Avatar randomness by Quadraxas & Blade
http://omegapuppeteer.mybrute.com
Re: Some clearing up please (yes, another atheist thread) [Re: Puppeteer] #279534
07/17/09 23:41
07/17/09 23:41
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
I will answer my thoughts on the subject, although to be honest, I am a christian in a different way than others are. I am not sure it is true, but if it is (the basis is that you need to accept a free gift) than I accept
Wow, that sounded like a programming line laugh

anyways, I only am answering a couple, and only with my views, so dont generalize my views to all christians
Quote:

they manage to produce millions of children that have different DNA all over the world without a single prospect of any deformity by having incest. Now how awesome must their DNA have been to take all those generations without deteriorating?

FIRST does not mean ONLY. FIRST means FIRST. its common sequential logic.

Quote:

Now why the hell would god create such a gigantic universe if the only people who believe in THE god, the ultimative, unquestionable, omniscient, omnipotent ubermensch/god being, live on earth, why would there be so many planets out there?

Again, your not looking at it with logic (granted not a lot of religion is based on it, this isnt even close). Where are you getting that the bible claims to be the only planet with life, and on top of that, until you meet an alien race you can't know where there religion setup is needed to be the same as ours, maybe "God" is different for them and has a different system.

Re: Some clearing up please (yes, another atheist thread) [Re: Michael_Schwarz] #279536
07/18/09 00:54
07/18/09 00:54
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Originally Posted By: Michael_Schwarz

If I had children (let's talk about babies here) I wouldn't put a loaded 9mm handgun in the midst of their toys. But let's assume I did, and I tell them vigorously not to play with that thing. Eventually they will toy around with it and somebody gets hurt. Yes, my babies have a damn free will, but why would I go and test if they do what daddy says by placing something dangerous in their midst? The reasoning somehow eludes me.

Hi Michael, hey nice avatar you got these days. grin

Well, just for fun i'll answer these things. lol smile

The bible says that a man and a woman was created, and not children. lol Therefore, they are old enough to know right from wrong, while for a child, then that might be a tougher decision. grin

The entire story about the "garden of eden" mirrors all of our personal lives. We all live and we all have choices. But, we are all constantly being tempted by un-seen forces. At least adam and eve saw their foe in the form of a snake, but we do not see, but only hear in our little heads their talk.
wink

Quote:
Anyway, why would such a loving benelovent god put that damn fucking tree down there anyway, if it was so imperative for them NOT TO EAT APPLES FROM THAT DAMN TREE, why did he create that tree AT ALL? Yes, yes, free will bla bla. Lets take this example:

Then some snake comes along (mind you, a TALKING snake, how awesome is that?!) and convinces Mrs. Eve to eat an apple, or take a bite, or whatever. God promptly punishes then, throws them out of paradise
The entire "paradise" scenario is a mirror of heaven. They listened to the devil and were booted out and we are the same. We listen to un-seen angels and are also booted out from heaven or paradise. I'm not trying to explain away the genesis story, but only to say that it is for us to realize and know the pathway to life eternal in heaven.

Quote:
The whole thing is for you and me. If you wait for the green martians, then you will wait for a long time. All those stars reflect the majesty of God and they just light up the sky for you and me. That's it. lol amazing. grin

y
Quote:
ou are reading now was their bible sent to earth, but there were some little translation errors on the way. After all, nobody's perfect.
The bible's oldest piece, which is the "old testament" can be proven to be near 100% accurate, by simply comparing the DEAD SEA SCROLLS to a newer bible today.

Found from 1947 - 1956, these ancient scrolls detail precisely and more than prove the bibles accuracy. Click on the link below.
THE DEAD SEA SCROLLS WERE FOUND PROVING THE BIBLE ACCURATE!

All it takes is for a scholar to compare the ancient Hebrew to the modern english language and compare to see if any errors are present.

Unfortunately for all the atheist of the world, <sorry guys> these newly founded scrolls just showed the bible's many translations to be a proven fact.
The bible, therefore, is the most accurate ancient book ever!
Even more than shakespere's works actually.

Oh, but trust me, if they were proven in-accurate after the scrolls were found, then you would hear about it on every darwin-atheist site already on the internet. haha! laugh

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Some clearing up please (yes, another atheist thread) [Re: Ran Man] #279539
07/18/09 01:44
07/18/09 01:44
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline
Serious User

Greece
Quote:

Hehe, yeah, either put the apple or the snake, accidents are bound to happen :P. Sounds like you just watched some Ricky Gervais..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pbEjOH7t0Q

PS: Conitec, fix your youtube BBCODES..

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Some clearing up please (yes, another atheist thread) [Re: LarryLaffer] #279542
07/18/09 03:37
07/18/09 03:37
UK,Terra, SolarSystem, Milky W...
pararealist Offline
pararealist  Offline

UK,Terra, SolarSystem, Milky W...
Hi,
Has anyone read sitchin?
This seems to
make more sense to me than the bible, and probably makes the events in the bible much clearer.
//
Quick rundown.
Aliens (long life 3600 earth years = 1 year) landed on earth, genetically manipulated the humans to be workers(slaves)
and gave all their knowledge to the first creation.
Then, being knowledgeable, the humans soon started a revolution.
Catastrophe comes, and afterwards, the aliens started over again.
This time they kept the knowledge from the humans, (tree of knowledge), basically kept them dumbed down so they would not cause revolutions.
Satan, "the snake" did not feel it was right to keep the knowledge from the humans, so he started to give it freely, so the humans were now banned from the
"garden".

Then they (aliens) had reproductive intercourse(sex) with the humans and these resulting children elevated themselves as being better than humans. I suppose this is where "royal blood" comes from.

This would explain (at least to me) many things in the bible, which apparently
was originated in Sumer, (today Irak area) long before it was originally thought
to have been written.

The children of the ruler of Sumer soon got their own kingdoms, (a Son ruled)Egypt and the (a Daughter ruled)the Indo lands, both earlier colonies of Sumer, carried the story with them, (much like Superman is recreated every generation) changing it to fit to their new way of life.
I once read that even the "Robin Hood" story comes from as far back as Sumer.
//
Problem is, is it all just a story? Or is there some truth to it.

I suppose that's for each and every one to decide for themselves.

I find it all so fascinating, like GOOD Sci-Fi.

Last edited by pararealist; 07/18/09 03:40.

A8.3x Commercial, AcknexWrapper and VS 2010 Express
&#9675;pararealist now.
Re: Some clearing up please (yes, another atheist thread) [Re: pararealist] #279544
07/18/09 04:21
07/18/09 04:21
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
Quote:
Then they (aliens) had reproductive intercourse(sex) with the humans and these resulting children elevated themselves as being better than humans. I suppose this is where "royal blood" comes from.

Wow, that's not sci fi, but has a bible story root actually. lol grin

Have you guys ever heard of the Nephilim?
Basically the "angels", or demons, took the daughters of men and had children.
these were called Nephilim. and were a super race.

You can read about them below.
THE NEPHILIM ARE HERE! :-0

Anyways, that is the real reason for God wiping out the earth with the flood.
These half human, half demon men were screwing up the planet big time and were giants.

Here are the bible verses describing this phenomena, pre flood.

Gen. 6:2-4: “That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took wives for themselves of all whom they chose.…There were giants in the earth in those days; and also afterward, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.”

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite