by VoroneTZ. 04/17/24 06:52
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 642 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea
19048 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: GAME DEVELOPMENT GIVEAWAY [Re: matty47] #281161
07/25/09 18:12
07/25/09 18:12
Québec
Marky Mark Offline OP
User
Marky Mark  Offline OP
User

Québec
Ok PMING

Yeah! IE sucks, use Mozilla...
Marc Rémillard.
Re: GAME DEVELOPMENT GIVEAWAY [Re: Marky Mark] #281167
07/25/09 18:30
07/25/09 18:30
Québec
Marky Mark Offline OP
User
Marky Mark  Offline OP
User

Québec
I'll explain what's the concept.

I would like to reproduce some big events that happened in the US in the past 50 years. Lets say we could have 10 events. We build the terrain we need for the event's chasing coverage zone, and then everything would be pre-programmed.

There would be a clock, the main controller of the game. The player choose the event, (we would show the player some weather maps so he can do his own forecasts) and then he pick a spawn point between 3 or 4 points.

Then, time starts to move. You start at 8 am (we would set it at UTC time so it would be 12h Zulu (write it 12z).

The player is in his car. He's got a map of the world with streets, towns, etc. In this map, we would reproduce the real life highways in the sector (interstates) and we would put some square roads everywhere else (1 road each mile, it's how it is in the great US plains).

The player has to choose his way and get at the right spot for the right time.

There would be a "GO TO INITIATION TIME" button. This would be useful if the player thinks he's at the right place, but he has to wait 2 hours before it starts.

When a stormy day starts, we call "initiation" the time when storms pops like pop corn. This is when the game really starts.

So the button would bring the player at the moment when the storms starts to live.

Then, as I said, everything would be preprogrammed. At X time, a storms starts to live at X place and another at X place, etc.

At X time, a tornado forms under the Storm A (at X place). The tornado lives for 20 minutes.

At X time, the isolated strong tornadic storms (supercells) would join themselves together and form a line of storms (squall line). Chase is over.

The player would gain points everytime a lightning strike is in his sight, everytime a tornado is in his sight, everytime he sees hail.

If the player goes into the core of a strong storm, he would receive some Large hail on his car and the chase would be over.

There's a button the player can press to get out of the car and take pictures. If he takes pictures of lightning, hail, tornadoes, etc., he gets more points than just seeing it.

That pretty much how it would be.

Completed at the moment:
- Lightning strikes
- Rain (isn't that easy...)
- Clouds (they suck tho...)
- Tornado (needs a little improvement)
- Get out of car and take pictures

Every details about an event, I can provide it. And I can prepare a detailed plan for this event. If you are interested in working on this project, I would be able to lead the storyboard and gameplay so you can be guided.

Thanks
Marc

Marc Rémillard.
Re: GAME DEVELOPMENT GIVEAWAY [Re: Marky Mark] #281236
07/26/09 10:09
07/26/09 10:09
H
HeelX Offline
Senior Expert
HeelX  Offline
Senior Expert
H

When you don't havethe time and/or money to complete the project, why not publishing everything including design documents as open source as long as all derivates are open source or freeware, too... you could distribute your stuff under a creative commons license.

I like this project, too. If you would post everything maybe I would take a look into it but I guess if you would made a burden out of it, no one might have interest.

Re: GAME DEVELOPMENT GIVEAWAY [Re: HeelX] #281504
07/27/09 14:54
07/27/09 14:54
Québec
Marky Mark Offline OP
User
Marky Mark  Offline OP
User

Québec
You mean I should share the source right? I really dont have anything against open source! I wanna share this project so anyone can work on it...

Marc Rémillard.
Re: GAME DEVELOPMENT GIVEAWAY [Re: Marky Mark] #286890
08/28/09 03:38
08/28/09 03:38
California, USA
BorgNot Offline
BorgNot  Offline

California, USA
Hello Marky Mark,

That is an interesting game concept. Do you know the technical points for the weather patterns involved? Are there still key programmers involved in the project? Are you giving the project away? Are you wanting to lead the project from the background?

Last edited by BorgNot; 08/28/09 03:38.

Some things are harder said than done, some not!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de