Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
M1 Oversampling
by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/28/24 09:55
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
Eigenwerbung
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (degenerate_762, AndrewAMD), 877 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Lunar Landing hoax.. #279738
07/18/09 22:25
07/18/09 22:25
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline OP
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Netherlands

Take a look at this:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3186616594425246748

...and comment away. wink

I think I've just lost what was left of my belief in a lunar landing...

PHeMoX, Innervision Software (c) 1995-2008

For more info visit: Innervision Software
Re: Lunar Landing hoax.. [Re: PHeMoX] #279741
07/18/09 22:32
07/18/09 22:32
ventilator Offline
Senior Expert
ventilator  Offline
Senior Expert

you don't believe in the lunar landings? :p

Re: Lunar Landing hoax.. [Re: ventilator] #279744
07/18/09 22:43
07/18/09 22:43
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline OP
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Netherlands
Well, lets just say the linked movie / documentary is rather convincing in a serious way. The radiation issues alone would make it unlikely they ever succeeded.

Did you know they made a bomb explode in space to 'pave the way' for them to pass through the Van Allen's radiation areas?

There are a whole lot more excellent arguments in that movie though.

I would have to add that they may have been to the moon, but the footage NASA showed 'live' certainly must have been fake.

Last edited by PHeMoX; 07/18/09 22:51.

Re: Lunar Landing hoax.. [Re: PHeMoX] #279746
07/18/09 22:52
07/18/09 22:52
ventilator Offline
Senior Expert
ventilator  Offline
Senior Expert

i didn't watch this movie but so far for every hoax argument there has been an even better counter argument.

i think a conspiracy of this size would be harder to pull-off than actually landing on the moon. why would everyone involved keep their mouths shut if they could get rich with their story?

currently the lunar reconnaissance orbiter takes pictures of the landing sites. of course they could be faked too. smile

Re: Lunar Landing hoax.. [Re: PHeMoX] #279748
07/18/09 22:58
07/18/09 22:58
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
from wikipedia:

1. The astronauts could not have survived the trip because of exposure to radiation from the Van Allen radiation belt and galactic ambient radiation (see radiation poisoning). Some hoax theorists have suggested that Starfish Prime (high altitude nuclear testing in 1962) was a failed attempt to disrupt the Van Allen belts.

- The Moon is ten times higher than the Van Allen radiation belts. The spacecraft moved through the belts in just 30 minutes, and the astronauts were protected from the ionizing radiation by the aluminium hulls of the spacecraft. In addition, the orbital transfer trajectory from the Earth to the Moon through the belts was selected to minimize radiation exposure. Even Dr. James Van Allen, the discoverer of the Van Allen radiation belts, rebutted the claims that radiation levels were too dangerous for the Apollo missions. Dosimeters carried by the crews showed they received about the same cumulative dosage as a chest X-ray or about 1 milligray.[59] Plait cited an average dose of less than 1 rem, which is equivalent to the ambient radiation received by living at sea level for three years.[50], pp. 160–162 The spacecraft passed through the intense inner belt in a matter of minutes and the low-energy outer belt in about an hour and half. The astronauts were mostly shielded from the radiation by the spacecraft. The total radiation received on the trip was about the same as allowed for workers in the nuclear energy field for a year.[60]

-The radiation is actually evidence that the astronauts went to the Moon. Irene Schneider reports that thirty-three of the thirty-six Apollo astronauts involved in the nine Apollo missions to leave Earth orbit have developed early stage cataracts that have been shown to be caused by radiation exposure to cosmic rays during their trip.[61] However, only twenty-four astronauts left earth orbit. At least thirty-nine former astronauts have developed cataracts. Thirty-six of those were involved in high-radiation missions such as the Apollo lunar missions.[62]

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku
Re: Lunar Landing hoax.. [Re: Michael_Schwarz] #279749
07/18/09 23:11
07/18/09 23:11
Netherlands
PHeMoX Offline OP
Senior Expert
PHeMoX  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Netherlands
It's one thing to have suffered from radiation, it's a whole different things to die from it by direct exposure with insufficient shielding.

The movie here doesn't claim they haven't suffered from the radiation at all, it merely claims it would have been impossible to survive in outer space.

Also, and people climbing mountains will be familiar with this, remember how the astronauts on the moon didn't use their golden visors? That can't have been healthy at all.

I'm sure there are good counter arguments, but that has been mainly the whole idea behind starting the thread.

I'm not interested in one-sided views, I'm interested in those counter-arguments as well. smile

You know, just to restore my belief in the lunar landing. (Which probably did happen, but just wasn't broadcasted 'live'. )

Quote:
currently the lunar reconnaissance orbiter takes pictures of the landing sites. of course they could be faked too.

Excellent point, then again NASA would have a huge motive if the lunar landing never occurred. Finding the landing sites, doesn't quite imply they must have been manned flights either, but I think you're making a good point here nevertheless.

Re: Lunar Landing hoax.. [Re: PHeMoX] #279764
07/19/09 05:36
07/19/09 05:36
UK,Terra, SolarSystem, Milky W...
pararealist Offline
pararealist  Offline

UK,Terra, SolarSystem, Milky W...
For at least 20 years (i am now 56 years old and retired, so i have much time now) i have been looking at this and other things, and my own personal conclusion is that what we are presented is a hoax.

My main interest is where all the money goes, and i have realised that there is a secondary project that is highly secret. Now this sends shivers down my back, for anything kept secret from the people, has to be not very good.

This led me to realise the recurring catastrophes that happen on Earth, almost like clockwork. All older civilisations have recorded these recurring catastrophes, where ice blocks fall from the sky, animals and all sorts of things that one does not expect to be fallig from the sky. Then earthquakes, tsunamis adverse weather, you can read these things in all records of older civilisations. They all record the same things in their writings.

Then i discovered nibiru or planet x as nasa call it. This is highly disturbing that this would be kept from humankind. But my own personal research has convinced me that something is approaching the earth that is being kept secret from the mainstream.

All the underground bases being built, all the food and supplies that is stored at many places underground, whole cities underground, when one hears of these things singly, it does not make much sense and is easy to disregard. But put them all together and a story starts to emerge that is highly probable.

For those of you who are curious, there is masses of information available, some just too fantastic, others serious and factual, and it is up to you to decide for yourselves.

I remember when i first heard of these things, i was highly skeptical, but as time went on and i read more and more records of older civilisations, i realise NOTHING is what it seems to be, there is a great illusion being spun today and only a select few know the full truth of what is going on.

Sadly there is no comfort i can offer anybody, except to say try to enjoy your lives, for my research tells me that it will be bad.

But according to older writings, there have always been survivors, and will always be, else we would not have any knowledge of these things today.

Whether that is a blessing or curse, well its a blessing if something can be done to minimise the destruction and loss of life, but a curse if nothing can be done.

We all know that the so called elite will not have any problems with trying to save themselves, along with some others, for an elite cannot be an elite if there is no one else around for them to be elitist to.

How much DNA is being stored today, possibly for the re-seeding of Earth?
There are so many questions and so few answers, or so much deception. They are not many older people that have any faith in any governments, and increasingly many younger ones are losing this faith, if they ever had it.

Anyway, live your life to the full is all i can say to anyone, do the things that bring you joy, as long as you don't take joy from others. Dont get depressed, except to find yourself, (depression is where you take a good look at and meet yourself), then get on with YOUR life, not with the life that government and politics determine for you.

Be good.

A8.3x Commercial, AcknexWrapper and VS 2010 Express
○pararealist now.
Re: Lunar Landing hoax.. [Re: pararealist] #279765
07/19/09 06:05
07/19/09 06:05
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
Idk, the documentary looks like it is mostly speculation, notice the answers where never very certain.

My question about it being a hoax, is concerning the gravity. yes you can use a string pully system, or something to move the people, but look at the feet. when dirt is kicked into the air, it falls unusually slow. what type of technology back then could have been used to simulate that.

Not saying its not a hoax, or that it is, just wondering what people think, and if they have any ideas.

Re: Lunar Landing hoax.. [Re: lostclimate] #279767
07/19/09 06:48
07/19/09 06:48
Australia
EvilSOB Offline
Expert
EvilSOB  Offline
Expert

Australia
Originally Posted By: lostclimate
... it falls unusually slow. what type of technology back then could have been used to simulate that.

C'mon lostclimate, can you remember "The Bionic Man" on TV? The miracle of "slo-mo" technology...

Personally, I believe there was a landing, even if the film footage WAS faked, that I dont believe either.

"There is no fate but what WE make." - CEO Cyberdyne Systems Corp.
A8.30.5 Commercial
Re: Lunar Landing hoax.. [Re: lostclimate] #279768
07/19/09 06:55
07/19/09 06:55
Damocles_ Offline
Expert
Damocles_  Offline
Expert

The fast falling dirt would work the same way in a vacuum chamber.

But I dont think of hoax. Its just a typical conspiracy pick-the-parts-we-like documentary.
The radiation would not have been enough to cause direct harm.

Also: only the gamma-rays could have had any effect. Alpha and beta
rays where shielded for easily. (just saw a show about
nuclear plant workers, and they where entering conterminated areas
with higher radiation counts than the astronauts, in much
thinner suits)

The other parts is just about the russian mission.
Of course they used some filmsamples in an uneven order.
Noone would have allowed the filmcamera (cockpitshots) inside
the craft right before that important launch. (Gagarin)
They had better things to do. So they just used a testshot before the mission - no point to complain really, proves just
that propaganda films try to have a nice flow.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite