by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 959 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Modeller & Animator (unpaid) needed for Freeware Adventure-game #282770
08/03/09 16:22
08/03/09 16:22
Germany
Error014 Offline OP
Expert
Error014  Offline OP
Expert

Germany

(Click here for full size!)

My apologies for yet another unpaid position. But theres not much money involved in our little Freewaregame! smile
So first of all a thanks for your interest in this. Let me explain a bit about the game we are making.

As written in the subject, we are working on an Adventure-game: You can move your character by clicking on the desired spot, you can investigate, collect and manipulate objects, and you solve puzzles by combining objects, at the right time in the right place. In the game, it will be your task to stop your client from doing unspeakable acts - which can be anything, from stealing and cursing to killing and arson. How are you doing this? Well, thankfully, the main character is able to control time. Fast forward, pause or rewind as you please as you move through the level, collecting items, and changing little things here and there which alter the scenario. Little by little, you will manage to stop your client from doing that horrible thing.

Obviously, in order to create these scenarios, we need models. We can create most of the immovable, nonhuman stuff ourselves, but we're simply not good enough for humanoid models. So we need help.
Your job is, then, to create these humanoid models, and to animate them as well. We unfortunately cannot pay you. Since we're doing this in our free time, the project isn't moving along in a speed that you'd expect of professional developers, but on the flip side, this means that we won't expect this speed of you. "One humanoid model every once in a while" might be a unusual way to put it, but it fits pretty well: We take one step at a time, and we don't expect more from you.

We are working with the A6-engine, so we shouldn't use Bonesanimation (or at the very least only Bonesanimation that you can create without weighting the vertices). Of course, you can create the animation using bones, as long as you export them to vertexanimation when you're done.

The style of the models we use can be seen in the shots above (make sure to see the original size!), but there are basically two "sides" in the game. For characters of the first, it's a somewhat cartoonish style with realistic proportions, but little detail in the skin. If I had to compare it with something, I'd guess that some animes might have a similar style (although we focus less on certain parts of the female body). The face is created with another tool we made and placed on top of it, so you don't have to model it. For the second, we might exaggerate the proportions (but don't overdo it), so it looks more like a character from a Tim-Burton-Movie. These characters are also, funnily enough, all skeletons (but well-dressed), so they look accordingly.

Polycount: Usually, not too many characters are seen on screen, so it's not that dramatic. If you can, a polycound around 2000-3500 would be nice.

More information, as well as screenshots and videos are avaible, so don't hesitate to drop us a note if you're interested! Send me a PM!

(We're usually communicating with ICQ, so if you prefer that way: 152478446).

Thanks to Pappenheimer for the questions!

Last edited by Error014; 08/03/09 17:06. Reason: Added more details

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: Modeller & Animator (unpaid) needed for Freeware Adventure-game [Re: Error014] #282772
08/03/09 16:41
08/03/09 16:41
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
This is a fantastic project, and I would like to see that you get much support to speed the finishing up! smile
Do you have a list of characters and their animations?
What is the style, the wished polycount and expected texture size? Something like the death in the third picture?

Re: Modeller & Animator (unpaid) needed for Freeware Adventure-game [Re: Pappenheimer] #282777
08/03/09 17:07
08/03/09 17:07
Germany
Error014 Offline OP
Expert
Error014  Offline OP
Expert

Germany
Thanks for the questions! I've clarified the post a bit and added more information, including the answers to these questions smile

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: Modeller & Animator (unpaid) needed for Freeware Adventure-game [Re: Error014] #283124
08/05/09 20:12
08/05/09 20:12
England
ryangregory Offline
ryangregory  Offline

England
Hey, sounds like fun. I may be able to help you out however I'm not interested in animating, and Im not sure how much time i'll be able to work on it. I'll send a PM.
Cheers.

Re: Modeller & Animator (unpaid) needed for Freeware Adventure-game [Re: ryangregory] #290811
09/21/09 15:18
09/21/09 15:18
Germany
Error014 Offline OP
Expert
Error014  Offline OP
Expert

Germany
Thanks, Ryan!

Unfortunately, he's too busy to help us out any longer, so we're looking for modellers&animators once more.

So the position is open again. Anyone? laugh

Since I am a little busy right now, feel free to contact Turrican via PM! laugh
Of course, i will also try to answer quickly to all PMs.

EDIT: For the time being, it's also okay if you don't want to animate. We're happy for all kinds of help! laugh

Last edited by Error014; 09/21/09 15:23.

Re: Modeller & Animator (unpaid) needed for Freeware Adventure-game [Re: Error014] #314821
03/11/10 11:13
03/11/10 11:13
Germany
Error014 Offline OP
Expert
Error014  Offline OP
Expert

Germany
Long time, no see, guys!
Well, we're still (or is that again?) looking. So don't hesitate and send your PM right now.
Even if you only want to animate, or don't want to animate, or whatever, you could contact us, too, I suppose.

I'm just, you know, I think I'm gonna bump this, like, twice a year and hope for the best.

Re: Modeller & Animator (unpaid) needed for Freeware Adventure-game [Re: Error014] #314895
03/11/10 20:35
03/11/10 20:35
Richmond B.C., Canada
Captain_Kiyaku Offline

Dichotomic
Captain_Kiyaku  Offline

Dichotomic

Richmond B.C., Canada
Pah you didn't even include my concept art for the death tongue

I just can tell everybody that this game is so much fun, you won't regret working on it a single second. The concept is really interesting and i don't know any other game who is simliar to this one.

So, model designers, go ahead and give this a chance. When you know ERROR014, you know the game will be great, unique, and finished.

My Blog

"Tag und Nacht schrei ich mich heiser,
Wind weht alle Worte fort,
Tag und Nacht schrei ich mein Krähenwort!"

Subway To Sally - Krähenkönig

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de