by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (vicknick, AndrewAMD), 1,292 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
WWII Sim Gallery [An MMO WIP] #283745
08/09/09 19:29
08/09/09 19:29
Chicago
J
Jaeger Offline OP
Jaeger  Offline OP
J

Chicago

**NOTE: For those who hate to read, you can just visit the gallery now, lol. Here ya go:

http://s612.photobucket.com/albums/tt201/DasProjekt/

For those who want more info, proceed with caution!**

Hey guys,

Been a while since I've been here! But it's nice to come back and visit. smile

We're working with a new engine now, which is right in line with our needs. It's been tough porting over to it, but progress is being made every day. I'm spending a LOT of time working on some different extensions and add-ons we're going to need to make this game work the way we want it to. I'm still considering some different ways I can transform my semi-complete graphics, sound, input engine (something I was working on a while back when I thought a brand new engine was our only option) into a "sub-engine" that will work in tandem with the new one. Not sure if it will be needed or useful, but I'm exploring every possibility. We've got some major updates coming up around this coming weekend, and I'm very excited about it.

I'm hoping we'll have our trucks/haulers and Anti-tank guns operational not long after that. We've been working for quite some time now, and things are starting to look good. The artists have been slaving away on very high-quality assets, and it shouldn't be long before we release some screens and renders of fully game-ready art!

But I have for you a link to our current Photobucket gallery, featuring everything we've *publicly* released so far. There's a LOT we're still keeping secret. smile Don't want to spoil all the surprises before the demo comes out!

We should have a public website up with a MUCH larger gallery, some videos, and public forums very soon. I'm hoping it can make its big debut in the next month or two. So I'll keep you posted on it. We've also picked up a couple more excellent artists, but we still need more, of course! Some extra programmers would be great as well. Luckily, I have a few friends who are very experienced with flight modeling and modding IL-2 Sturmovik, the same thing that got me started in game dev. It's truly amazing what they've accomplished (and believe me, it's 10X's harder than working with a real development engine). So I'm very excited about getting to flight modeling once the basics are taken care of. Aviation has always been one of my greatest passions. smile

Well, wanted to let you all know we're still alive, and let you see what we've made public thus far. I'll keep all my updates for the project in this thread, to consolidate it and keep from cluttering the forums with random threads. So be sure to keep the eyes peeled! And once again, here's the link to the public gallery:

http://s612.photobucket.com/albums/tt201/DasProjekt/

Everything featured there was/is in the WIP stages, so it's not 100% game ready. Some things are closer to completion than others. It's EXTREMELY painstaking work to make our assets correctly, according to historical specs. I often say, we have to be one part developer and one part historian. It's very true, and it's very hard work. But come hell or high water, we'll get it done! wink

Thanks, and feedback is always appreciated!

P.S.- I dunno why, but my sig won't work! frown

Re: WWII Sim Gallery [An MMO WIP] [Re: Jaeger] #283750
08/09/09 20:27
08/09/09 20:27
Berlin, Germany
S
SchokoKeks Offline
User
SchokoKeks  Offline
User
S

Berlin, Germany
the models look cool so far! i'd like to see more skins on them. reminds me of the good old battlefield 1942, but with better graphics!

What engine are you using now? I thought this forum was for gamestudio projects only, but i might be mistaken.
Anyway, i wish you good luck. creating an online game is often frustrating, but if you can gather a community around your game it really helps.
-SchokoKeks

Re: WWII Sim Gallery [An MMO WIP] [Re: SchokoKeks] #286518
08/25/09 16:19
08/25/09 16:19
Chicago
J
Jaeger Offline OP
Jaeger  Offline OP
J

Chicago
Been away for a while, but decided to drop back in to visit. laugh

This started off as a 3dgs project, but it ended up going beyond what was feasible to do with the engine. So I've ported it over to Visual3D.NET, and I'm now working in Visual C# with the brand new API. How things are taking off! The new engine itself is a WIP, and I've actually been offered a position on the dev team. Ah, reminds me... I need to get my resume in... I was offline for a while because my old PC konked out on me. smirk But now I've got a beast of a machine with plenty horse power! laugh

It shouldn't be long at all before we release a whole new batch of photos and renders, and you'll start seeing some 100% ready assets. So keep the eyes open! wink

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de