by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Ayumi), 1,405 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Can you make 50 small games [Re: badapple] #285769
08/19/09 23:53
08/19/09 23:53
England
M
MrGuest Offline
Serious User
MrGuest  Offline
Serious User
M

England
I always try to live by if you've nothing good to say, say nothing at all
but as Cowabanga managed to rack up 2000 posts in a year of no importance then 1 post of mine won't matter wink

Personally I think €5 for a game or even €10 is absolutely ridiculous! The time and work involved in making even a 3minute game, I doubt anyone would be willing to part with for that amount

Why not offer an incentive for: the most played, or top 3 games submitted will get a % of current / 6month future sales
You'll find a small dent in your profit, but a huge increase in the number of submissions

Originally Posted By: GarniSoft
Thank you guys for the reply's, it's very clear to me how some of you think.

Some of you must get a vacation and calm down.
Sending people on holiday won't get you a game made!

And yes, I am a dreamer ... and dream of a better world!

Bye, and have a good life.
Really not the image you want to portray of yourself, stand by it if you really want a better world!

As badapple says, really don't judge an entire community on a few persons opinions!

Re: Can you make 50 small games [Re: MrGuest] #285785
08/20/09 06:23
08/20/09 06:23
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Very well said, MrGuest!

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Can you make 50 small games [Re: Machinery_Frank] #285792
08/20/09 07:53
08/20/09 07:53
United Kingdom
DJBMASTER Offline
Serious User
DJBMASTER  Offline
Serious User

United Kingdom
lol i always see people arguing with cowabanga, LMAO!

@OP, yeh i think you should change your licensing offer to attract more people.

Re: Can you make 50 small games [Re: DJBMASTER] #285814
08/20/09 10:46
08/20/09 10:46
take me down to the paradise c...
Cowabanga Offline
Expert
Cowabanga  Offline
Expert

take me down to the paradise c...
Quote:
lol i always see people arguing with cowabanga, LMAO!
Yeah. I guess i'll get out from this community someday because of those nice users.
Anyway, i'm out of this thread, duh.

But, i'll explore it for an answer for this quesion:
WHAT THE HELL IS THE PROBLEM WITH "Increase the price" ???

Re: Can you make 50 small games [Re: badapple] #285825
08/20/09 12:40
08/20/09 12:40
Nederland Tilburg
GarniSoft Offline OP
GarniSoft  Offline OP

Nederland Tilburg
Originally Posted By: badapple
@GarniSoft: dont judge the entire forum on a few posters , when it comes to the members of this community , the good definitly outways the bad

one problem with renegade bunny hunters is , when there are no bunnys to hunt they must find new prey

If you read my post well i said >> some of you

I am a dreamer ... i dream they all come true ...

www is in bewerking
Re: Can you make 50 small games [Re: MrGuest] #285826
08/20/09 12:41
08/20/09 12:41
Nederland Tilburg
GarniSoft Offline OP
GarniSoft  Offline OP

Nederland Tilburg
Originally Posted By: MrGuest
I always try to live by if you've nothing good to say, say nothing at all
but as Cowabanga managed to rack up 2000 posts in a year of no importance then 1 post of mine won't matter wink

Personally I think €5 for a game or even €10 is absolutely ridiculous! The time and work involved in making even a 3minute game, I doubt anyone would be willing to part with for that amount

Why not offer an incentive for: the most played, or top 3 games submitted will get a % of current / 6month future sales
You'll find a small dent in your profit, but a huge increase in the number of submissions

Thank you guys for the reply's, it's very clear to me how some of you think.

Some of you must get a vacation and calm down.
Sending people on holiday won't get you a game made!

And yes, I am a dreamer ... and dream of a better world!

Bye, and have a good life.
Really not the image you want to portray of yourself, stand by it if you really want a better world!

As badapple says, really don't judge an entire community on a few persons opinions!

If you read my post well i said >> some of you

I am a dreamer ... i dream they all come true ...

www is in bewerking
Re: Can you make 50 small games [Re: GarniSoft] #285879
08/21/09 00:32
08/21/09 00:32
DEEP 13
badapple Offline
User
badapple  Offline
User

DEEP 13
yes i know you said some of us , and i did not mean to say you were judging everyone , to be honest i thought you were a new member and i didnt want you to get the wrong idea about the majority of the members here, but i just noticed you ve been
registerd here 2 years longer than me , (you dont post much) so you know how the people are here already. sorry for any confusion
and good luck getting your games.
cheers

Re: Can you make 50 small games [Re: badapple] #285975
08/21/09 22:20
08/21/09 22:20
H
HeelX Offline
Senior Expert
HeelX  Offline
Senior Expert
H

Before you flame me do not forget that if anyone tries to make a serious offer with promised payment and the intention to go commercial, you have to actually pay your oontractors well. No one wants to get ripped off, even if you agreed to work dirt cheap. IMPORTANT: let us do not mix up "working for free just because of the spirit of game making" and real payed work. That is totally different so don't be biased.

Ok, lets go: What I don't like about Garnisoft posts is the following sentences: "Without any question for who and for what you already have a meaning about me. Thanks for the help .... I do it my self." -- So, why didn't he posted right at the beginning serious details about the project? This is more a broad hint to most of the people here, not for Garnisoft -- I think most of you hounded him out of this house..
I didn't decided here to defend or offend someone but to point that out. In addition, let us make some serious calculations to proof that the offer *is* actually ridiculous in a commercial sense:

50 games for about 5 Euro each is about 250 Euro. If I would do the games in about 27h (calculating 9€ per hour, which is alreay cheap) the fee is alright which means that I would have to spit out a game every 32mins. Ok, lets split up the work on 3-4 days with 8-9 hours for working on this each day. Too bad, that 32mins per game is a really short time period and you have to think about what game you wanna do, too.
Sounds like a bet. I guess, if you don't care about graphics and polishing, don't add any fuzz and exclude the gamedesign phase, you will get certainly in 3-4 days 50 micro-games done.

Seriously.

Although... if you want to have 50 world class mini games, even with the same rate and assumed that the client delivers pre-made graphics and you are just programming it, you have to earn ~7000 Eur. And that is already cheap.

Just my thoughts.

Last edited by HeelX; 08/21/09 22:22.
Re: Can you make 50 small games [Re: HeelX] #286355
08/24/09 22:02
08/24/09 22:02
Earth
Germanunkol Offline
Expert
Germanunkol  Offline
Expert

Earth
I think he was talking about small casual games that are already done, not about one person making all 50 of them.
He wants a collection of mutliple games from different people.
And if you've made a game a while back, like someone has mentioned here, and it's just sitting on your harddrive and melting away, you may as well earn yourself 3 doughnuts with it.

~"I never let school interfere with my education"~
-Mark Twain
Re: Can you make 50 small games [Re: ratchet] #292196
10/01/09 00:03
10/01/09 00:03
OK, USA
R
Ravyne Offline
Ravyne  Offline
R

OK, USA
I think the thing is he is trying to purchase rights to the game, not just the game. In the apple store and other such sites, a player is purchasing the game. In otherwords instead of only one person purchasing the game, you may have a hundred or more purchasing that game for 3 or 5 euros. No game developer in there right mind would sell the rights to a game for 5 euros. I'm not sure what the equivalent in US dollars are, but I'm pretty sure its not that much of a difference. I know I would NOT sell my newly developed game off to a single person for 5 bucks. That's insane. Now, if I were to sell my game on a site that sells to thousands of people, depending on the game size and content, I may sell it for five bucks on there and give a small percentage to the host. That's how a business works.
Besides, there aren't enough details for this project. Storing scores in a database is fine and dandy but there has to be a bigger point in the matter. If not, its a waste of time and effort for the people who are creating the games. Databasing is child's play when you compare it to creating a game.

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de