by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, 7th_zorro), 935 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Obama wins 2009 Peace Nobel Prize [Re: Blink] #293257
10/10/09 07:57
10/10/09 07:57
Germany
T
Toast Offline OP
Serious User
Toast  Offline OP
Serious User
T

Germany
Originally Posted By: Blink
i am actually offended by this comment.
Quote:
so in other words he gets one because he's the first president with a dark skin color???

I do not think he got it because of his SKIN COLOR!!!!

He got it because of his contribution try to open doors ot other countries moving towards world peace, instead of bullying other countries the way Bush Sr. and Jr. and their administrations have done. Now, does he deserve a Nobel Peace prize, I don't know, but he didnt select himself, so people should focus on the givers, not the recipient! and yes, I am black!!!

I wrote that due to the laughable argumentation as to why he got the price. He didn't do anything really making him worthy of that price. In the end it seems like he got it because his party's ad campaigns gave him the "saviour role" giving the people a good feeling while the other thing is the symbolism when looking at his skin color. Without anything really well done what else can "co-operation between peoples" mean besides him being the personified symbol for an ending of the racist thinking? So his skin color isn't really a privilege or something that made him get the price (like when deciding who of the last 3 candidates is the winner saying "Oh look he has a darker skin - let's give him the price!") but it's still used as a symbolistic reason. That's why I said that he got it due to his dark skin color as it imo was outright said that way. It bugs me a bit because such a price should be about efforts and not what genes one has or what someone might do in the future. You won't give a Nobel Prize for physics to someone who might make a good discovery in the future because he seems to be extremely clever... laugh

Still it of course isn't the first time questionable people get that price so I guess it's about time to kinda ignore that price until there are decent changes on who may get such a price and the reasons why...

Enjoy your meal
Toast

Re: Obama wins 2009 Peace Nobel Prize [Re: Toast] #293259
10/10/09 09:03
10/10/09 09:03
A
amy Offline
amy  Offline
A

I think what you are saying is total nonsense.

It's not because he is black and it's also not true that he hasn't done anything. If it is enough is debatable and he himself says he doesn't deserve it but so far it looks like he's seriously trying to fix the shitholes left behind by the previous presidency, nationally and internationally.

He started the dialogue with Cuba and North Korea again, he stopped the missile shield in Eastern Europe (which takes a lot a friction out of the regional conflicts with Russia), his policies are directed towards peaceful dialogues as means to resolve international conflicts,... and the two current wars weren't started by him. Suddenly backing out now won't solve anything either.

Re: Obama wins 2009 Peace Nobel Prize [Re: amy] #293264
10/10/09 09:45
10/10/09 09:45
Germany
T
Toast Offline OP
Serious User
Toast  Offline OP
Serious User
T

Germany
So you say when a state gets a new president that acts more reasonable than the one before he should be awarded? Nothing he did was "extraordinary" in any terms. Ending the missile shield was causing too much trouble, criticism and even crisis to continue it as it would destroy lots of the nuclear weapon balance which is extremely dangerous. Him supporting the nuclear disarmament also is no real effort of his because that's debated for decades now and it just happens that nowadays all parties came to an agreement - it's not that this got signed just because Obama was there...

Concerning the dialogue with Cuba and North Korea - what's so special about that? While we might debate the Cuba thing it's nothing special in terms of North Korea especially with this again not being an Obama-only topic but something with multiple nations involved...

He's done nothing at all justifying to be enlisted with people who really have done something great or dedicate their manpower for something good rather than showing good promise of being a better president than his predecessor...

Enjoy your meal
Toast

Re: Obama wins 2009 Peace Nobel Prize [Re: Toast] #293268
10/10/09 10:09
10/10/09 10:09
DEEP 13
badapple Offline
User
badapple  Offline
User

DEEP 13
just becomeing president , is extra ordinary in itself , and a couple other presidents have won the nobel just for being a peace minded presidents . granted that was a long time ago but it has happened before.

Re: Obama wins 2009 Peace Nobel Prize [Re: amy] #293635
10/12/09 20:32
10/12/09 20:32
S
spaceguy76 Offline
spaceguy76  Offline
S

Originally Posted By: amy
I think what you are saying is total nonsense.

It's not because he is black and it's also not true that he hasn't done anything. If it is enough is debatable and he himself says he doesn't deserve it but so far it looks like he's seriously trying to fix the shitholes left behind by the previous presidency, nationally and internationally.

That doesn't fly anymore. Most people who bothered to look into the housing crisis which is what greased the US economies race to the bottom had dems blocking every attempt to stop it from happening for 6 years.

Re: Obama wins 2009 Peace Nobel Prize [Re: Blink] #293639
10/12/09 20:46
10/12/09 20:46
behind this enternet window
zeusk Offline
zeusk  Offline

behind this enternet window
Originally Posted By: Blink
i am actually offended by this comment.

im black and i dont think he really deserves it.

Re: Obama wins 2009 Peace Nobel Prize [Re: zeusk] #293947
10/15/09 03:17
10/15/09 03:17
Coppell, Texas
Ran Man Offline
Expert
Ran Man  Offline
Expert

Coppell, Texas
He's expanding the WAR in Afghanistan and making more violence there, so that makes him a definite

Man of Peace

grin

lol, haha, just joking

Cougar Interactive

www.zoorace.com
Re: Obama wins 2009 Peace Nobel Prize [Re: Ran Man] #293990
10/15/09 12:23
10/15/09 12:23
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
for once in his life ran man is right...

also:
i just signed a paper that prevents me from ever going to war with any nation whatsoever in this world. the paper was writen by my cat.

does i gets prize now?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de