by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, Quad, Ayumi, 1 invisible), 916 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Climategate - Evidence for false view of manmade climate change? [Re: Cowabanga] #299297
11/22/09 19:53
11/22/09 19:53
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
Global warming may be a plausible event, but whether or not it's triggered by our hands is yet unanswered. There is evidence for both sides, so there can be no conclusions drawn yet.

Quote:
Global warming nowadays is man-made, that's a fact just as fossil fuels run dry. Everyone denying that has no clue about the matter. I don't say that everything scientists say is true, but come on. Such a massive masquerade is not at all believable and there are so many simple evidences that there is a correlation between climate change and CO2 concentration in athmosphere that I don't really get why people keep arguing about this fact.

Surely you would give people a chance who are against it? Of course those may have sufficient knowledge about the subject to judge. Nobody really knows if manmade global warming is a truth or not. Chances that global warming is a natural process are just as big as the manmade version. But a raise of CO2 in the atmosphere -even if that where happen to prove the cause global warming- does not say it's due to our actions.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: Climategate - Evidence for false view of manmade climate change? [Re: Joozey] #299299
11/22/09 20:43
11/22/09 20:43
Cambridge
Joey Offline
Expert
Joey  Offline
Expert

Cambridge
Of course I would give these people a chance and listen to what they say. Still, if you tell me that there's no proof that a raise of CO2 in the atmosphere is our fault I just don't understand your doubts. You can calculate how much fuel gets burned and how much CO2 you get as an outcome of all these chemical processes. And then, if you measure the concentration of CO2 and compare what has been added to it by what we have burned, and these numbers match exactly, following every little deviation over the years - I don't see that there is need for another proof.

And then CO2 is known to be a greenhouse gas and its effects are understood quite well. There is a direct correlation between the global temperature and CO2 concentration.

Re: Climategate - Evidence for false view of manmade climate change? [Re: Joey] #299301
11/22/09 21:31
11/22/09 21:31
ventilator Offline
Senior Expert
ventilator  Offline
Senior Expert

Re: Climategate - Evidence for false view of manmade climate change? [Re: ventilator] #299323
11/23/09 02:02
11/23/09 02:02
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
during the last 4 billion years (the time the earth exists) there have been thousands if not millions of climatic changes. how did those happen, did we invent them time machine and travel back?

thing is, yes, we do burn fossils and stuff, BUT that sums it about up.
its nothing more than burning fossils. ONE volcano erruption is as hazardous to nature like TEN years of american lifestyle fossil burning (rough estimate, not by me mind you).

this whole setup makes me laugh. we are in the middle of a climatic change that would actually cause the norhtern hemnisphere to freeze, a new ice age to say. and you are worried that it gets warmer?

this is just madness, nothing more. we are NOT capable of destroying the earth. we are NOT capable of chaning the climate for more than a few degrees. we are NOT that powerful. earth couldnt care less. we may destroy our own environemnt, our own source of living, but the earth couldnt care less...

this is all bullcrap.

im NOT against actions that help save our environment. im all for saving nature and stuff. really. but this panic making scheme of some big coorporations that want to squeeze our money out of so called "bio" products and products that save the planet is just idiotic.
seperate your waste, ride a few busses instead of driving on your own and for gods sake dont blow yourself up with a nuclear missle and half our problems are solved...

Re: Climategate - Evidence for false view of manmade climate change? [Re: sPlKe] #299344
11/23/09 10:13
11/23/09 10:13
Cambridge
Joey Offline
Expert
Joey  Offline
Expert

Cambridge
Originally Posted By: sPlKe
how did those happen, did we invent them time machine and travel back?

this has nothing to do with the topic. of course there were other climate changes, but noone sais that we are the only ones who can cause them. but nowadays we are.

Originally Posted By: SP1Ke
ONE volcano erruption is as hazardous to nature like TEN years of american lifestyle fossil burning (rough estimate, not by me mind you).

that's just wrong. if that was true we would by long have all died out.

we are in the middle of a climatic change that would actually cause the norhtern hemnisphere to freeze, a new ice age to say. and you are worried that it gets warmer?

where do you take that from? where i live snow coverage decreases year by year and glaciers melt. they don't melt because it gets warmer.

we are NOT capable of destroying the earth.

we are, mind the nuclear weapons. ever since we invented them we were able to rid out every higher living on this planet.

we are NOT capable of chaning the climate for more than a few degrees. we are NOT that powerful. earth couldnt care less. we may destroy our own environemnt, our own source of living, but the earth couldnt care less...

where do you take these from? there is no evidence for your statements. and i for my part would find it quite disturbing if we rid out our own environment.

this is all bullcrap.

yeah, like these other ten "this is bullshit" statements of yours which i didn't cite. i couldn't resist quoting this one, though wink

whilst i agree with you what you say about coorporations making money out of that bio hype, exploiting peoples narrow-mindedness, i must ask you if you would expect something else of humankind.

joey

Re: Climategate - Evidence for false view of manmade climate change? [Re: Joey] #299350
11/23/09 10:36
11/23/09 10:36
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
ever heard of the kyoto protocol? read the infos about that...

also, plants NEED Co2 to survive. its what they do. they NEED Co and CO2! our problem is not the co2, its the dirt that comes with it...

never heard of the in between ice age we live in?
here, have a look:
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/08/070829193436.htm

furthermore, this article states that if we stop burning fossil fuel, we will NOT get back to where we were before. in the end, it doesnt matter...

nuclear weapons cannot destroy the planet. they can destroy the environment but not the planet. for that purpouse, we must launch all nuclear missles at the same time INTO the earths core - impossible as of now...

Re: Climategate - Evidence for false view of manmade climate change? [Re: sPlKe] #299352
11/23/09 10:57
11/23/09 10:57
Cambridge
Joey Offline
Expert
Joey  Offline
Expert

Cambridge
okay, serious, noone's talking about destroying the planet itself. and we all know that plants need co2 to survive, but still they'll take damage if it gets too hot.

and i don't really believe you have that mentality? if we can't make it undone better do nothing because you don't know how much influence you can have? if your neighbour was hitting his wife, you would stop him, surely? you can't make the bruises undone, but why not safe her life?

Re: Climategate - Evidence for false view of manmade climate change? [Re: Joey] #299359
11/23/09 12:13
11/23/09 12:13
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
youre right, i dont have that mentality.
its just that i have no hope in mankind, thats all. see, i do my fair share of saving what i can.
i sperate my trash. i dont drive a car i use public transport. i dont waste energy i turn all my devices off (not standby... completely off) and i try to minimize animal transport by buying meat and stuff from austria, where i live.

i try to do my best. its just that i know that all this talk abou global warming as blown up by the media like the swine flu talk.
sure, there is global warming, but thats not entirely related to us. partially yes, but not entirely.
it gets beeter every day anyway, with new filters and stuff for big industries. there are laws for this. i dont think its as horrible as some of those outlets put it.

thats all. the climate will change. one way or the other. its boudn to happen. heck, its thousands of years overdue if you add up some numbers. thats the way this world works.

there is no profit in the destruction of the wolrd or our civilisation. and thats why i know it wont happen...

Last edited by sPlKe; 11/23/09 12:13.
Re: Climategate - Evidence for false view of manmade climate change? [Re: sPlKe] #299454
11/24/09 06:48
11/24/09 06:48
Bay Area
Doug Offline
Senior Expert
Doug  Offline
Senior Expert

Bay Area
So who are we going to believe, the overwhelming majority of environmental scientist from around the world, or an anonymous hacker from (?)Russia?

I'd like to believe this is a great big hoax made up to force me to...um...consume less and take public transit. But it doesn't make much sense from a conspiracy stand point when the people in power (big industries, energy companies, large governments) have the most to lose by it being true.

Yes, I'm know some people are using this to make money. And some of those people are probably fudging the facts to get noticed. But plenty of sane people, with no 'dog in the fight' are checking the numbers and they all point in one direction: The earth is getting warmer and man is having an effect on it.

Conitec's Free Resources:
User Magazine || Docs and Tutorials || WIKI
Re: Climategate - Evidence for false view of manmade climate change? [Re: Doug] #299501
11/24/09 14:43
11/24/09 14:43
Cambridge
Joey Offline
Expert
Joey  Offline
Expert

Cambridge
that's exactly what i think about it.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de