by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,014 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Where to start? #301762
12/14/09 00:01
12/14/09 00:01
Crypterious Offline OP
Crypterious  Offline OP

Hello everyone, first I want to say that I'm sorry if I'm posting in wrong section. I'm totally new to this kind of stuff, so I'm wondering where to start, what do I need to learn, and please link me some tutorials, eBooks (that are free) etc...

Thank you, once more sorry if it's in wrong section... grin

Re: Where to start? [Re: Crypterious] #301763
12/14/09 00:11
12/14/09 00:11
J
JGGamer Offline
JGGamer  Offline
J

I started with Lite-C Workshops.
That give me the start I needed.
Then I looked at some of the examples based on the kind of game I was interested in making (http://au.conitec.net/). When I get stuck, I consult the Lite-C manual. If I am still stuck, I post on the forums.

If you are now starting out, it would be good to start with variables, and panels, and move from there. Start with Lite-C Workshops.

Re: Where to start? [Re: Crypterious] #301766
12/14/09 00:18
12/14/09 00:18
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
probably THE best place to start is with the AUM magazines, found here: http://www.coniserver.net/coni_users/web_users/pirvu/aum/aumonline_e/

double click each to open and read them through, download the resources and play with the demos, edit the demos and stuff, play around in the SED script editor

now you'll hear some stuff about templates which personally i think is crap, if you wanna do your own style game, do not even look at the templates

i taught myself how to use this engine by reading posts and going through the AUMs, downloading every demo game i could and see what did what

just in case you dont know yet:
-SED is the script editor, you do all your custom game scripting here, this is where you write code to bring your world to life
WED-world editor, this is where you import/place all models then assign them an 'action'
-MED is where you can make/edit models/terrains

an action is a series of instructions that you can assign to a WED entity by use of its behaviour panel

Re: Where to start? [Re: darkinferno] #301767
12/14/09 00:20
12/14/09 00:20
Crypterious Offline OP
Crypterious  Offline OP

Originally Posted By: darkinferno
probably THE best place to start is with the AUM magazines, found here: http://www.coniserver.net/coni_users/web_users/pirvu/aum/aumonline_e/

double click each to open and read them through, download the resources and play with the demos, edit the demos and stuff, play around in the SED script editor

now you'll hear some stuff about templates which personally i think is crap, if you wanna do your own style game, do not even look at the templates

i taught myself how to use this engine by reading posts and going through the AUMs, downloading every demo game i could and see what did what

just in case you dont know yet:
-SED is the script editor, you do all your custom game scripting here, this is where you write code to bring your world to life
WED-world editor, this is where you import/place all models then assign them an 'action'
-MED is where you can make/edit models/terrains

an action is a series of instructions that you can assign to a WED entity by use of its behaviour panel

Thanks for this, I'll take a look at it! grin

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de