by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (degenerate_762, Aku_Aku, 7th_zorro, Ayumi), 1,080 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Gordon] #302895
12/23/09 13:13
12/23/09 13:13
Bucharest, Romania
George Offline OP

Expert
George  Offline OP

Expert

Bucharest, Romania
I am very thankful for all the people that want to get involved. I have read all your posts and these are my thoughts:

- It looks like we’ve got many more programmers than artists, so we should choose a project that doesn’t focus on great looks, but on gameplay. If we’ve got great artists among us, we will end up having a project that looks and plays great.

- I don’t want us to create a tech demo of the engine; there are lots of great demos, youtube videos, etc that showcase Gamestudio’s power. I want us to create a full game from start to finish (even if it is a smaller game) and try to sell it if it has chances to become a commercial product.

- I’m afraid that we can’t have a multiplayer-only project this time; there are lots of free, great looking multiplayer games on the market already. We’ll go with a single player or single + multiplayer if it fits the game concept and we’ve got enough manpower.

We can’t beat EA, Capcom, etc when it comes to level design, models, etc but we can beat them when it comes to great gameplay. If you want to be a part of the project, please write a post telling us what you can do and how many hours per week you can get involved in this project; I have started a separate thread inside the Aum section of the forum. All the people that will be a part of the team can come up with ideas that follow the guidelines above; we’ll choose the best project and use ideas from this thread to improve them.

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: George] #303204
12/26/09 19:43
12/26/09 19:43
Hiporope and its pain
txesmi Offline
Serious User
txesmi  Offline
Serious User

Hiporope and its pain
In my case, i only keep my attention in games with a direct competition whit other gamers. I think it is the clue but i also love all kind of games.

I have not a rounded design for a game but i have one special (i think wink idea. Last months i have been looking for an idea that turns out to an easy design and a more complicated coded 2D scenary/player movement. ie: When the player collides with the ground, it vibrates, player math based animations and things like that.

I found Bezier curves maths and i think it fits perfect with my idea. The player can move into the curve and the curve can change dinamically. I have tested (push F2 to toggle 2D/3D mode) it with collision bitmaps and modifing a simple collision model for the physics engine and it looks funny. This way you can modify the escenary moving simple reference points in 2D or 3D mode. I want enphasize that this idea comes from a dynamic scenary search and it can fit with your puzzle or side scrolled game idea like a visual core based trick.

In other way, looking for a coded solutions for a 2D player instead of animated sprites, i made a complicated doll with many panels and windows for player orientation changes animations. I drawed it with a basic line mode and a full colored kiddy style thinking in an easy design. This way we can transfer design efforts to coding efforts but sincerelly i prefer 3D games.

Just some ideas, sorry for my english
Salud!

pd. i'll be maindfull for this proyect!

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: txesmi] #303426
12/28/09 21:15
12/28/09 21:15
Bucharest, Romania
George Offline OP

Expert
George  Offline OP

Expert

Bucharest, Romania
These are 2 impressive projects (especially the Bezier one). Something like that could easily be turned into a fun, physics-based casual game.

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: txesmi] #303457
12/28/09 23:33
12/28/09 23:33
Lgh
rojart Offline
User
rojart  Offline
User

Lgh
Hi George!

The idea came to me with this very good arcade game:
Cosmic Guerilla © 1979 Universal.

Note:
"For some reason you have 2 of your ships placed in the middle of the playing field and aliens all around them.
Luckily, they're protected by 6 rows of barriers and you're on the bottom, doing your job to protect them."

Ok, this is a very nice gameplay to remake it as 3D Game and my idea is follows:

- Terrain level with random structures, like Procedural buildings and textures creation etc. that never repeated at the beginning of the game.
- Terrain as valley, around the center eg. walls with barbed wire, barriers etc.
- Enemies as robots, spiders or similar with AI, sometimes larger vehicles such as from the "Mars Attack" movie and in the center of level, buildings of player lifes as energy in capsules with shield barriers where the player must protect them.
- From time to time some power-ups falling from the sky, like ammo, first aid, energy, etc.
- Player on a free platform, but with distance moving limit.

Artwork in progress...

Of course, all in style of sci-fi, like next-gen game, maybe tomorrow I'll post more 2d artworks like humanoid models, concept art, etc.

Last edited by rojart; 12/28/09 23:47. Reason: new Artwork added

Regards, Robert

Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler.
by Albert Einstein

PhysX Preview of Cloth, Fluid and Soft Body

A8.47.1P
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: George] #303465
12/29/09 03:06
12/29/09 03:06
Pennsylvania
Joquan Offline
Joquan  Offline

Pennsylvania
This is a good idea! Unfortunately I am still learning the Gamestudio, and all I could currently do, is test it. Do you have a software company to host this, or not, because I may be able to help you with that. Message me if you have any questions.

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: Joquan] #304191
01/05/10 17:29
01/05/10 17:29
Lgh
rojart Offline
User
rojart  Offline
User

Lgh
I've been very busy the last few days, but I'd like to get some feedback on my first idea.
If you're interested in the details, then I'll post DD too.

Update:

New Concept for the Player and Level

Level Concept in Progress...

Originally Posted By: Joquan_Ltd
This is a good idea! Unfortunately I am still learning the Gamestudio, and all I could currently do, is test it. Do you have a software company to host this, or not, because I may be able to help you with that. Message me if you have any questions.

Thank you for your interest, but if I've finished the Design Document (DD) and I also have a prototype then I'll post a message to You.

Regards, Robert

by Albert Einstein

A8.47.1P
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: rojart] #304338
01/06/10 19:40
01/06/10 19:40
Bucharest, Romania
George Offline OP

Expert
George  Offline OP

Expert

Bucharest, Romania
Looks good! If you have a prototype already it's going to be even better.

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: George] #304349
01/06/10 21:44
01/06/10 21:44
Lgh
rojart Offline
User
rojart  Offline
User

Lgh
Originally Posted By: George
Looks good! If you have a prototype already it's going to be even better.

Thanks George, but at the moment not yet available, I'm currently working on Design Document.

Regards, Robert

by Albert Einstein

A8.47.1P
Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: rojart] #304373
01/07/10 08:11
01/07/10 08:11
Bucharest, Romania
George Offline OP

Expert
George  Offline OP

Expert

Bucharest, Romania
Please take your time. You'd be the only one with the prototype anyway laugh

Re: Let's team up and create a game together! [Re: George] #304385
01/07/10 10:31
01/07/10 10:31
Germany
Poison Offline
User
Poison  Offline
User

Germany
Hey George!
I´m also in this project, I can offer doing some modeling and texturing work.. wink

Edit:
Sry..forgot to mention that I have about 3-6 hours a week time for this project

Cheers

Everything is possible, just Do it!
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  George 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de