Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (degenerate_762, AbrahamR, AndrewAMD, ozgur), 667 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Problem with Vista and gamestudio and flash #302602
12/20/09 19:14
12/20/09 19:14
Germany
Scorpion Offline OP
Serious User
Scorpion  Offline OP
Serious User

Germany
hello everyone,
since 2 days I've got strange problems with some graphic stuff on my pc:

Something with texturebuffers doesn't seem to work as it should. If I run gamestudio, the window content is not getting repainted, but the program is working normally (if I press F11 or 0, it beeps as it should...)

I post this here, because it doesn't seem to be an GS-specific problem, but I still need help =P The same problem occurs, if I want to run a flash video in fullscreen mode -> the screen freezes, which should be caused by not-repainting it. If I disable hardware acceleration in the settings it works.

So I thought it's something about my graphics card and I installed the newest drivers, but the problems remain. Paradoxical I can run games just fine. O.o

Now I have no idea what this could be caused by and where to look for it. Had anybody experienced this before or has an idea how to solve it?

Thank you,
Scorpion

Re: Problem with Vista and gamestudio and flash [Re: Scorpion] #302607
12/20/09 19:45
12/20/09 19:45
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
well as far as I had known this was a windows 7 specific issue with flash (i thought i read somewhere at least) I've had a similar instance happen, but what would happen is if i had a flash app open in one window or tab and tried to fullscreen it in another flash app it would freeze until i pressed esc to get out of fullscreen. although ive never had it happen in gs or any dx/ogl app so im not sure its the same issue, plus i thought it was only for win7

Re: Problem with Vista and gamestudio and flash [Re: lostclimate] #302887
12/23/09 11:34
12/23/09 11:34
Germany
Scorpion Offline OP
Serious User
Scorpion  Offline OP
Serious User

Germany
I noticed that video playback in vlc and the visualization in iTunes (if I use the default DX-version) doesn't work either. The workspace in photoshop has the same issue. Blender shows just a black windows. And the standard windows screensavers are just black, too.

So these problems are all related with graphics / directX, but I don't have the right idea how I can find the problems source. I've already reinstalled my gpu driver and DX 9.0c, but there must be still something different broken.

If you have any loose idea, what this could cause, please write it here - I don't wanna format the whole pc :'(
Scorpion

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de