Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/20/24 01:28
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Ayumi), 884 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Beginner Question #313971
03/04/10 19:46
03/04/10 19:46
Vancouver BC, CA
Ed_the_Sock Offline OP
Ed_the_Sock  Offline OP

Vancouver BC, CA
Hi everyone! I'm new to 3D development but have done some MMPOG dev in the past in C,C++ and PHP.

Anwyays, I've known about 3DGS for awhile now but never seem to get it working properly.

I hope someone here can fill me in on what the heck I'm doing wrong.

I downloaded several tuts and have read the wiki and these forums but alas, still no answers.

This I know will be a real noob question but I'm stuck on it so hope you can help me.

For this example I will use the t7tutorial.

Quote:

as shown in t7tutorial

As shown in tutorial

I follow everything set by step and this is what I get.

And when run:

What am I missing?

Re: Beginner Question [Re: Ed_the_Sock] #313977
03/04/10 20:02
03/04/10 20:02
behind this enternet window
zeusk Offline
zeusk  Offline

behind this enternet window
i think something is wrong with the texture goto manage skins and try changing the texture size

Re: Beginner Question [Re: Ed_the_Sock] #314001
03/04/10 22:12
03/04/10 22:12
Vancouver BC, CA
Ed_the_Sock Offline OP
Ed_the_Sock  Offline OP

Vancouver BC, CA
Thanks for the reply. I double checked it, seems fine. Scale is the same as the terrain. Problem remains.

Its real strange. When I use the project wizard in WED its fine, but whenever I try to do a tut from scratch I always get a black terrain... smirk

I'll keep tinkering at it. Has to be something simple I'm over looking.

Re: Beginner Question [Re: Ed_the_Sock] #314091
03/05/10 16:44
03/05/10 16:44
PA
Garrettwademan Offline
Garrettwademan  Offline

PA
Are you using a shader for your terrain? If so, is it embedded into your terrain model file? I have experienced this issue before but only because...

1. My fog was set to a very low distance making everything dark. My fog_start and fog_end were incorrect numbers that I mistook for being correct.

2. My shader was not applied correctly in my script, I also believe that I saw this when embedding the shader into the model itself in MED. To get around this I had to manually apply the shader in the script itself.

3. The shader you are using for this terrain is not getting valid input. If the shader is multi tex terrain and you don't have exact values, you can either get a white or a black output.

4. Like the post above, incorrect image properties can show a different output in the game engine. If you are using BMP files, make sure they are 24 bit, if they are TGA files, make sure they are 32 bit. All images should really be a power of 2 (512X512, 1024X1024, etc)

If it would help, I wouldn't mind taking a look at it if you want to send it my way. Compile it all up and let me see what I can find on my end, but only if you want. garrett@garrettwademan.com

Current Project: Computer Repair Simulator
https://www.computer-repair-simulator.com
Re: Beginner Question [Re: Garrettwademan] #314109
03/05/10 18:41
03/05/10 18:41
Vancouver BC, CA
Ed_the_Sock Offline OP
Ed_the_Sock  Offline OP

Vancouver BC, CA
Hey Garrett, thanks for the info. I played around with it a little last night before bed and yes, it does appear to be something within the .hmp file itself. Still haven't isolated it yet though.

I downloaded the litec_samples.zip and used the small.hmp file within that tut and everything is working fine with that .hmp file.

So I'll keep looking into the T7tutorial terrain and try your recommendations to use this a learning exercise.

If you wanted to take a peek at it the template itself is found right on GS's main page:
t7tutorial

I have done everything step by step as indicated in the tut. If you take a peek at it, it is the Blank Level portion of the tut.

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de