by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, alibaba, Quad), 761 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Help me fix Intense X! Win some Free models along the way :) #316296
03/23/10 03:22
03/23/10 03:22
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Hello everyone,

Many of you should already know that I've been working for many years now on several plugins for Gamestudio, mainly revolving AI and Pathfinding. About 7-8 months now, I've hit a major slump. There's been some seemingly random E1513 error messages popping up and I've been trying to get rid of them ever since. This started happening on my latest plugin, Intense Ai - Copper edition. It's preventing me from releasing the almost completed Silver and Gold editions of Intense Ai and have pretty much destroyed my sales on Intense Ai Copper, not to mention my reputation. Now, with the release of the latest A7 private beta (which produced some interesting results with Intense Ai) and the next release candidate version coming up, I'm giving it another go on fixing the bloody bug. But I will need your help.

Anyone that has some free time, please download this file:

http://www.intense-i.com/files/WhyAmICrashing2.zip (78mb)

You won't need to have Intense Ai, or any of my plugins installed to test this. What this is, is a small game containing two levels, completely open sourced. When you try to run this game, it should compile fine and then crash a few seconds after the level loads. What I'm interested in, is what error message you get and if it even crashes at all in your computer.

Now, here's something interesting (if you can call any bug interesting..) about this infamous bug. After you extract the zip file, open Backyard.wmp in WED and run it. After it compiles ok, you should get one of the following E1513 runtime error messages:

Crash in is_ai_Npc_Event or
Crash in ActionManager or
Crash in ix_AgentAttributes_Loop or
etc..

Now, close WED and open main.c with SED. Now click the blue arrow (Run current Script). The game will compile and run just fine! You will get no crashes at all, although you're running the exact same level and the exact same main script file! Which is why I believe this has nothing to do with my code and heavily relies on something going wrong with the engine.

Of course, since I'm the only one getting this atm (although there have been other E1513 random crashes reports every now and then) there must be something I'm obviously not doing right, but if it runs fine when i run it with SED and crashes when I run it with WED, you can tell how it can be nearly impossible to debug this myself. But I digress..

If you want to help, please reply with the following information:

Current Gamestudio edition: (Non-beta, like A7.82.3 or earlier or a private beta, like A7.83.5b. If you have the latest A7.83.6b then don't test this at all since you'll get a lot of errors. Check this thread for more on this)

Your System Specs: Operating System, RAM size, # of processors and gfx card type.

Open Backyard.wmp from WED and run it (don't build the level or anything). Does it compile? Yes/No. Does it crash? Yes/No. If it crashes, what is the crash message?

If it crashed, run it two more times. Do you get the same crash message (does it crash in the same function or a different one each time?). From my tests, if you have the A7.83.5b beta you should get the same errors, but if you run an earlier non-beta version you may get crashes in different functions each time.

If you get the same function crashing each time, please also try the following. Open a heavy application (irrelevant to gamestudio). It could be Photoshop, or Blender, or you could try opening WED 2-3 more times. With this application(s) open, run the level from WED again. Do you get a crash in the same function again, or a different one this time? (Here, with A7.83.5b I will get consistent crashes until I open up Photoshop, then another function will start crashing. If I run it again and again, the same different function will be crashing until I close or open another heavy application, indicating that this bug is definitely related to a memory problem.).

Finally, open main.c from SED. Run the blue arrow (Run current Script). Does it compile? Yes/No. Do you get a crash after the level loads? Yes/No. If you get a crash, what does it say?

I understand that this is a cumbersome test so as a little thank you, if you do the test also type in your Full Name either in the reply or through a PM. You will be allowed to use any of the models from this game for your own commercial (or non-commercial) projects, even if you haven't purchased Intense Ai Copper. These include 2 humanoid models and 4 weapons with both normal and 1st person camera modes (with hands), all with a LOT of animations. You can check them out from here.

Which brings me to my last point.. You can't use any of the Intense Ai Lite-c Scripts for your own projects, if you don't own Intense Ai Copper. But I left them open so you can get some ideas from them if you want to. Lots of Ai code in there..

Any help would be very much appreciated. Me and jcl are trying to figure this out and it's really important to have as many test results as possible.

Thanks again,
Aris

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Help me fix Intense X! Win some Free models along the way :) [Re: LarryLaffer] #316299
03/23/10 05:25
03/23/10 05:25
B
basharsj Offline
basharsj  Offline
B

Aris, I don't own Intense-x Copper , but I am using Intense Pathfinding 3... I will wait until u release intenseX Silver then I will buy it.... I will do my best to help with this ...
Now I just have one problem .... I use 3dgs extra ... so decals are not supported... the game is crashing at the beginning because it is not a supported feature... so can u please help me turn the decals off in ur demo level so that I can give u some results ???

Quote:
Me and jcl are trying to figure this out and it's really important to have as many test results as possible.

I'm really happy to hear that u are working together on this issue...

Thanx

Last edited by basharsj; 03/23/10 05:29.
Re: Help me fix Intense X! Win some Free models along the way :) [Re: basharsj] #316306
03/23/10 08:41
03/23/10 08:41
Greece
LarryLaffer Offline OP
Serious User
LarryLaffer  Offline OP
Serious User

Greece
Hello basharsj,

Thank you for your help and support!

Here's how you turn off the blood decals for the demo. Normally you'd use the Intense X panels from WED (like you do for Intense Pathfinding 3) but since I haven't included the Intense Ai dll you'll need to do it manually.

Inside the WhyAmICrashing2 folder you'll find a file called IntenseX.dat. Double click it and it will probably ask you how to open this file. Choose "Select a program from a list of installed programs" and from the list, select Notepad. Once opened, go to Edit->Find and type in: blood decal

You'll see something like this:

Miscellaneous: Step Up=0.25
Miscellaneous: Sounds LOD=60
Miscellaneous: Wall Dumpness Division Factor=3
Miscellaneous: Blood Decals Enabled=1
Miscellaneous: Headshot Damage Multiplier=5
Miscellaneous: Bypass Armor=1
Miscellaneous: Short Range Npc Activation=3000
Miscellaneous: Long Range Npc Activation=5000

So as you see, IntenseX.dat is just a complex .ini file. Just change 1 to 0 in the red line, and decals will be deactivated.

Looking forward for your results

INTENSE AI: Use the Best AI around for your games!
Join our Forums now! | Get Intense Pathfinding 3 Free!
Re: Help me fix Intense X! Win some Free models along the way :) [Re: LarryLaffer] #316310
03/23/10 09:31
03/23/10 09:31
Watertown, New York, US
goanna Offline
goanna  Offline

Watertown, New York, US
I tested this demo using:
ASUS P5N-E nForce SLI motherboard
Intel Duo 2.66G
4G DDR2 PC6400 RAM
Vista Home Premium 32-bit DX11
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT 512
SB X-FI Xtreme

GameStudio Commercial 7.82/WED V6.941

Ran the demo 15 times in WED and 15 times in SED without a crash or problem. (I exited the demo and restared each time). I started the demo and moved around until the character was killed or the enemy AI were.
I have a registered version of IX Copper.
I will continue to restart the demo through out the day.

Last edited by goanna; 03/23/10 20:31.
Re: Help me fix Intense X! Win some Free models along the way :) [Re: goanna] #316325
03/23/10 11:18
03/23/10 11:18
NRW/Germany
alibaba Online
Expert
alibaba  Online
Expert

NRW/Germany
my system specs:
Geforce 8400m g
AMD turion 64 x2 1.9 ghz
win 7
3gb RAM 320 gb HDD

Gstudio version 7.82.3

I donīt have any problems with SED, but with WED i get these problems:

Crash in :
ix_produceaistuckscan
AddMe
CalcFixedGoal_GetUnstuck
ix_PlayerInterface_Loop

hmmm... Thats really wierd. smirk

Professional Edition
A8.47.1
--------------------
http://www.yueklet.de
Re: Help me fix Intense X! Win some Free models along the way :) [Re: alibaba] #316327
03/23/10 11:24
03/23/10 11:24
Germany
CD_saber Offline
CD_saber  Offline

Germany
My system:
Core2Duo E6850 2*3.00(ghz)
4096MB RAM
Geforce 8800GTX
Windows XP Professional x64

1) WED: I get an error everytime I run the level: Error E151: "Crash in NaO-fAwareness", however the level starts, but the AI is not attacking.
2) SED: When i run the script via SED it works just fine without any errors!

Ja, lach du nur du haariges Pelzvieh!
Re: Help me fix Intense X! Win some Free models along the way :) [Re: alibaba] #316329
03/23/10 11:28
03/23/10 11:28
Germany, Luebeck
Xarthor Offline
Expert
Xarthor  Offline
Expert

Germany, Luebeck
my system specs:
GPU: ATI HD4870 1GB
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955 3200
RAM: 8 GB

3DGS: A7 Commercial 7.82.3

I have neither problems with SED nor with WED.
But I only tested with no significant background tasks and Firefox as background task.
No errors in both cases. I also started it multiple times.
I might try again.

Re: Help me fix Intense X! Win some Free models along the way :) [Re: CD_saber] #316333
03/23/10 11:38
03/23/10 11:38
Turkey, Izmir
Emre Offline
User
Emre  Offline
User

Turkey, Izmir
Hello Aris,
i never get an error with sed. And if i use "-nx 300" command with wed(this is standart in my wed), i get en error. But there is no problem with wed, if i increased nexus(like "-nx 400") Edit: or without nexus parameter. Sorry for bad english.

Edit:
Specs:
intel e7500(c2duo), 2GB ram,WinXP(sp3).

Last edited by Emre; 03/23/10 13:03.
Re: Help me fix Intense X! Win some Free models along the way :) [Re: Emre] #316336
03/23/10 12:27
03/23/10 12:27
NRW/Germany
alibaba Online
Expert
alibaba  Online
Expert

NRW/Germany
HMmmmm.............

Somehow emre is right .
i also have 300 nx. then i got the errors lited above, but if i increade the nx to 400 i get no errors. hmm... very strange

Professional Edition
A8.47.1
--------------------
http://www.yueklet.de
Re: Help me fix Intense X! Win some Free models along the way :) [Re: Xarthor] #316337
03/23/10 12:32
03/23/10 12:32
Damocles_ Offline
Expert
Damocles_  Offline
Expert

Runs fine from Wed (with and without nexus parameter)
and SED, no crashes or errors

no shootsounds are played (actually their volume is really low), only backroung music and ambient

only makes a nexus error when i put the nexus below 25

3dgs,Com 7.80.1

Vista, 3070MB Ram, Intel 2 Quad Core

---

It could be related to using a newer gamestudio build.
Try it out with an older update. Maybe the errors
came in more recent versions.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  adoado, checkbutton, mk_1, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de