by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 1,094 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: advertising [Re: JibbSmart] #318320
04/07/10 03:18
04/07/10 03:18
Massachusetts, USA
Ichiro Offline
User
Ichiro  Offline
User

Massachusetts, USA
how would you advertise a game you are about to release?

The best bang for our buck has been the humble press release (http://www.wikihow.com/Write-a-Press-Release):

1. Go through all your favorite websites and collect e-mail addresses and news submission forms. For example, Rock Paper Shotgun's audience was right for us, so we got in touch with their editor.

2. Write a succinct, grammatically correct, and interesting press release. Include links to the game's website and .zip files where press can download piles of screenshots and videos.

3. Send it out!

Here was our first press release for our latest title:

Quote:
January 30, 2009 - Watertown, MA - Dejobaan Games, LLC has announced its next game, "AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! -- A Reckless Disregard for Gravity," for Windows desktop PCs.

You dive off a skyscraper, relying on quick reflexes to negotiate the intricate tangle of girders that make up the City. You perform aerial stunts at terminal velocity before parachuting into the arms of your cheering fans. While other skydivers have it easy, you have to earn the adoration of the crowds by gliding within an eyelash of that glass super skyscraper at 70 miles per hour.

BASE Jumping (short for Building, Antenna, Span, Earth) has never been a sport for the masses -- it's too dangerous, and it's tough to get permission to jump off of the Burj Dubai. That all changes when Dejobaan Games brings its own wonderfully twisted take on the sport to the PC. How late can you deploy your chute before you end up a squishy bag of broken bones? How far can you trust your helmet's proximity meter before you splatter against a window like a bug on a highway? Do you believe the game's developers when they tell you that listening to your Enya CD will relax you and help you coast with more control... or should you just put on Limp Bizkit and throw caution to the wind?

As you descend, you toss the spectators a thumbs-up -- or flip them off -- to boost your score. By suspending reality just a little, this new game makes real-world BASE jumpers look like kids bouncing on a trampoline. This is AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!!, and it's coming in 2009. Check out videos and images from the alpha test at www.dejobaan.com/aaaaa.

Availability and system requirements: AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA!!! -- A Reckless Disregard for Gravity is planned for a Q3 2009 release, and will require Windows 2K/XP/Vista; a 1.5GHz processor; 1GB system memory; a 3D card with 128MB video memory; and Microsoft DirectX 9.0c.

Dejobaan Games, LLC is an independent developer of desktop and handheld games. Since our founding in 1999, we've published twelve titles, garnering enthusiastic reviews in print, on the Web, and on television. Visit us online at www.dejobaan.com.

# # #

Press info: Press kit with screenshots and video available at www.dejobaan.com/aaaaa.

Press contact: aaaaa.press@dejobaan.com

We tried to use language that the press could literally copy and paste into their articles. The result was unbelievably amazing -- and our game was still in prototype form. (That said, as others have posted, there are many ways to get the word out.)

Dejobaan Games - Bringing you quality video games for over 75 years.
Re: advertising [Re: Ichiro] #318412
04/07/10 14:41
04/07/10 14:41
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
With how many times you've told us, Ichiro, I'm surprised no one (including me) remembered to even mention press releases!

Every time I read that I kick myself and try and make myself remember it for the day I eventually find myself working on a game I actually expect to finish.

Jibb

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  checkbutton, mk_1 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de