by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 927 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Remember Me? #319409
04/14/10 19:22
04/14/10 19:22
I
ISG Offline OP

Expert
ISG  Offline OP

Expert
I

It's been a little bit since I've been back to 3D Game Studio (my roots of game design), so I just thought I'd pop in and update everyone who cares at least.

I've been working with a development company lately producing iPhone/iPad applications, Android applications, and if anyone has heard of Quartz Composer - then yes that too. Adding onto that we do web design and programming, database programming, I pretty much get to do all that stuff and it's pretty exciting!

I remember when I was here using 3D Game Studio like 8 hours a day as a hobbyist I always aspired to do something with programming and development and actually be paid for it hourly, and now I have a job like that - all thanks to THIS COMMUNITY! If any of you are ever interested in becoming a better developer and opening up to more than just games for the PC I highly recommend looking into iPhone/iPad development or even a free development OS is Androids OS.

Now I'm not saying back away from 3DGS - not a chance. I still have 3DGS on my computers and use it for all my game design on the PC platform. But give yourself as a person a chance to explore and learn, build your profile and portfolio. I'm starting my own personal blog and going to be making personal apps in my free time, I may even show off some big time apps I've been working on but feel free to stop by and ask questions.... I'd be moreeeeee than happy to teach this community new tricks with new things laugh

www.techgurusupport.com/wordpress/

Thanks guys laugh And this community really is the greatest - feel lucky you have each other.

Ground Tactics - Coming Soon
Ground Tactics OFFICIAL WEBSITE
Re: Remember Me? [Re: ISG] #319444
04/14/10 22:10
04/14/10 22:10
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
I remember you, and it is great to hear that another one succeeded making his hobby to its job, and still is enjoying it! laugh
I'm very interested hearing more about development with/for android or iphone.
Nice to see you!

Re: Remember Me? [Re: Pappenheimer] #319461
04/15/10 05:36
04/15/10 05:36

M
mercuryus
Unregistered
mercuryus
Unregistered
M

So "Ground Tactics" comming soon in the end? wink (on iPhone? wink )

Re: Remember Me? [Re: ] #319463
04/15/10 05:50
04/15/10 05:50
I
ISG Offline OP

Expert
ISG  Offline OP

Expert
I

Ah yes, I shouldn't have left my signature as that should I? haha.

We had that project running great, I regret not having enough time and resources to finish it. If anyone is extremely interested in getting all the files and source code to that project PM me, I'd be more than willing to see if I can help out a good team looking for a professional project type.

We had our entire team running the multiplayer game flawless and with great network activity.
We had our own customized shader engine (if anyone remembers).
We just had a lot of good things going that never made it to a finished product, unfortunately.

Re: Remember Me? [Re: ISG] #319495
04/15/10 11:23
04/15/10 11:23
The Netherlands
Helghast Offline
Expert
Helghast  Offline
Expert

The Netherlands
hey Brayden, been a while laugh

great you finally made it into the games industry (to be honest i still thought you were still working at the mac store, lol).
One thing i disagree on though:

"If any of you are ever interested in becoming a better developer and opening up to more than just games for the PC I highly recommend looking into iPhone/iPad development or even a free development OS is Androids OS."

It's ofcourse not so important what OS you are developing for, just make sure you have enough technical experience, but more importantly, make sure that you work well in a team wink I experienced this on my job. I was a full-time PC dev (3DGS as well) and due to the technical stuff i learned on that, I now am a full time PS3 dev laugh

other then that, great to see someone else again has made his hobby into his job grin

Formerly known as dennis_fantasy
Portfolio - http://www.designorhea.com/
Project - http://randomchance.cherrygames.org/
Re: Remember Me? [Re: Helghast] #319523
04/15/10 14:37
04/15/10 14:37
I
ISG Offline OP

Expert
ISG  Offline OP

Expert
I

Hey Dennis!

In the point you disagree on, I'm just saying people should experience more and play around with things - really work your mind. Never hurts to try something new, look at you for example. You started off here but I don't think you're using 3DGS at your job wink Just saying it never hurts and be creative.

But I agree working in a team is everything, paired with technical experience. I'm pretty sure when you and I worked on a few projects Helghast that we always weren't the..eh.....most productive haha.

But thanks! I just want to see as many people from this community succeed.

Re: Remember Me? [Re: ISG] #319530
04/15/10 15:11
04/15/10 15:11
The Netherlands
Helghast Offline
Expert
Helghast  Offline
Expert

The Netherlands
Originally Posted By: ISG
I'm pretty sure when you and I worked on a few projects Helghast that we always weren't the..eh.....most productive haha.

I have no idea why you're talking about APO here... tongue

Formerly known as dennis_fantasy
Portfolio - http://www.designorhea.com/
Project - http://randomchance.cherrygames.org/

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de