by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 959 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Programmer looking for a space team :) #321728
05/01/10 19:13
05/01/10 19:13
Croatia
croman Offline OP
Serious User
croman  Offline OP
Serious User

Croatia
Hey,

Is someone working on some sort of space game, anything to do with spaceships? If someone is, i'd like to join and help... that is if you want me... laugh

I'm a lite-c programmer, experience several years...
I'll work for free or even paid work laugh ...ofcourse

Well, let me know...i'm really in the mood to work on something in space hehe

Ubi bene, ibi Patria.
Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) [Re: croman] #321941
05/03/10 18:13
05/03/10 18:13
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) [Re: Redeemer] #321980
05/04/10 03:41
05/04/10 03:41
Pennsylvania
Joquan Offline
Joquan  Offline

Pennsylvania
Hey croman!

Here at Joquan Games Studios, we use ALL programming languages, and we make ALL types of games.

A little bit about us:

We are a small team of independent developers, together since 2005, that produces middle-class type games. (Middle-class quality)We are VERY charitable, so a majority of the profit will go to the John Kanzius Cancer Research Fund. The other money, enough to get back what we invested, plus minimal profit, we will keep. Our site is here.

If you wish to join us, please apply on our site under the correct forum board. I would think you know we are a free game studio by now, right? tongue When everything has been confirmed, your account on our site will get admin access, and a golden crown next to your name to show your rank.

About your idea: I have had an idea like this for quite a while, but I never did it, because I am busy with my own adventure game project. If you want to do this, you will be the lead of the team assigned to this project. laugh Just to let you know, we have a few other C, C++, and Lite-C coders. (I am learning C++, but I just started the course)

I hope to hear from you!

-Jake

CEO, owner, and founder of Joquan Productions, Joquan Games Studios is a subsidiary.

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) [Re: Joquan] #322222
05/05/10 14:23
05/05/10 14:23
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
You don't have to turn every topic into an advertisement for your organization, Joquan. Besides, I think the guy is looking for a team that already exists. If he wanted to start his own, his post would be in the "Jobs Offered" forum.

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) [Re: Redeemer] #322231
05/05/10 14:35
05/05/10 14:35
Croatia
croman Offline OP
Serious User
croman  Offline OP
Serious User

Croatia
i even agreed to work with him till i realized and got a little tip from someone who are they laugh

well you cant blame him much, he'll see on his own that he wont succeed like that...

anyway, you can lock this thread, i found my self a project to work on...

Ubi bene, ibi Patria.
Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) [Re: croman] #322504
05/07/10 15:40
05/07/10 15:40
at my pc (duh)
darkinferno Offline
Serious User
darkinferno  Offline
Serious User

at my pc (duh)
lol.. too bad you said space game lol, shouted multiplayer fps and i'd shout your name instantly tongue

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) [Re: Redeemer] #322517
05/07/10 18:11
05/07/10 18:11
Pennsylvania
Joquan Offline
Joquan  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: Redeemer
You don't have to turn every topic into an advertisement for your organization, Joquan. Besides, I think the guy is looking for a team that already exists. If he wanted to start his own, his post would be in the "Jobs Offered" forum.

I don't HAVE to but I WANT to. And my team does exist.

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) [Re: croman] #322519
05/07/10 18:14
05/07/10 18:14
Pennsylvania
Joquan Offline
Joquan  Offline

Pennsylvania
Originally Posted By: croman
i even agreed to work with him till i realized and got a little tip from someone who are they laugh

well you cant blame him much, he'll see on his own that he wont succeed like that...

anyway, you can lock this thread, i found my self a project to work on...

I won't succeed? I WON'T SUCCEED??? I already have succeeded more than I originally imagined! Read the story of Andrew Gower, he started almost the same way that I did. He read books upon books, then went to university for a degree, and to clean up his skills a little. RuneScape was just a small college project, and it now turned into the world's number 1 online multiplayer game, as stated in the Guinness World Records. I am just getting a little ahead of what he did at my age. Just because of this past post, I am half tempted to demote your account on my site to regular member.

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) [Re: Joquan] #322520
05/07/10 18:21
05/07/10 18:21
İstanbul, Turkey
Quad Offline
Senior Expert
Quad  Offline
Senior Expert

İstanbul, Turkey
Just because Andrew Gower succeeded doesnot mean you will succeed too. From outside what i see is only a kid obsessed with RuneScape, swimming in dreams.

Re: Programmer looking for a space team :) [Re: Quad] #322524
05/07/10 19:18
05/07/10 19:18
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
Quote:
Just because Andrew Gower succeeded doesnot mean you will succeed too. From outside what i see is only a kid obsessed with RuneScape, swimming in dreams.

Exactly. Also, you don't look too professional when you shout and threaten your users when they speak in a less-than-flattering way about you. Please don't stop reading this post here.

You can't blame us for doubting your ability to succeed. There are probably millions of kids in this world just like you, they call themselves a CEO and create a website for their "company". But behind all of this self applause and hot air, there's absolutely nothing.

One thing typical of successful people, including Andrew Gower, is that their projects started out as hobbies, college projects, and stuff like that. Gower didn't try to inflate himself, make a huge game website, and pretend to be some kind of awesome game developer. He only did that after years of working, when he suddenly found out, "Hey, I have something kind of cool here."

Think about the kind of reputation you've gained here so far. All we know about you is that you love Runescape and have a gaming website. There's no end to the self promotion you've made for yourself, but you've got nothing to show for it. Look at the other forum members: sPIKe, Hummel, Superku, etc. They don't try to advertise themselves all that much. All they do is make games for the fun of it. People respect them not because they have big websites, but because they have a proper amount of self esteem and they clearly have talent. They've made lots of games, some of them quite good. But you haven't done anything but say how awesome you are.

Nobody is trying to make you angry here. We're telling you the truth. Right now, you aren't successful, and you're not great. You could very well become just as successful as Andrew Gower someday, but not the way you're headed. You don't have to destroy your website or anything, but you really should stop pretending you're awesome, because almost nobody's going to take you seriously.

Quote:
And my team does exist.

I meant a team that was actively developing a space game. From what I can tell, you're not actively involved in any space game projects. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de