by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (7th_zorro, 1 invisible), 942 guests, and 7 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
@Joaquan #323366
05/13/10 16:48
05/13/10 16:48
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline OP
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
Aztec closed the topic before I hit the Submit button, so sorry for the new topic.

Joaquan... there is an universal fact about teenagers. Every single one thinks he knows everything (so to speak, don't take it literally).

I know you feel like you are right, and that we are the big bad wolves that just gobbled up your little sister and left you all alone. You're pissed, you wanna be right, and that's alright, everyone does that at your age.

But try to understand here. We already went through that. We know what it is like, and we also know how embarrassing things can be in retrospect. Can you even imagine how happy I am that all my old posts from the A4 forums aren't here anymore? I was 9 (!) when I started with 3DGS, and I have done everything you are doing right now...

At the time I was making a FPS game, Charge Gun, and I boasted around "big open worlds", "dynamic storyline", blah blah blah... "yes we already have the levels, but we cant show them right now because the details are missing" when in reality I had 2 levels, one of them was so crappy I had to make it again when I got A5, because the level compiler couldn't handle it anymore. The entire game was made in templates, but of course publicly I said that the whole thing was made from scratch from my coding department.

I was the big CEO of Xware Computer Games, I had people working under me yeah... The only problem was that I didn't. I myself only now am starting to have everything I need to actually start a company. And a one-man-company at that... And I had my start into working life with 16 years, an age you really don't want to get serious with this. I had a head-start, but for your own sake I'd advise against it.

Then I started Dark Age, and in the early stages I used textures from Gothic and claimed I had licenses to use them. Which I also didn't. But I only realized how important that was when I got older.

I don't know if you really do have people working(!) for you. Mind you, working FOR you, not with you. I don't know if you pay them, or how much. How big your company is and if you have any revenues coming in.

But from experience and an educated guess I'd say you are just like me. And a serious business person that you are trying to emulate, would not use a name from a fictional religious figure from the Babylon 5 series ;-)

Listen to me: Swallow your pride, because I don't think that the forum right now will have a start from scratch like in the past. So all your little posts will be there when you get older and start realizing how embarrassing you have been acting.

I don't wanna change you, but rather give you a good advice: Don't act in a way you will probably regret in a few years. See this like an Intervention from your friends, rather than us being your stupid, annoying parents who don't get you at all and telling you what to do.

Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving wordy evidence of the fact.
~ George Eliot

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku
Re: @Joaquan [Re: Michael_Schwarz] #323369
05/13/10 17:05
05/13/10 17:05
Innsbruck, Austria
sPlKe Offline
Expert
sPlKe  Offline
Expert

Innsbruck, Austria
damn has it been so many years already since we know each other? dude, seriously i remember even charge gun XD

however, mike is right. there are still amany things to say, but ill leave the serious talking to users who actually know how to talk seriously. i can only do funk XD

Re: @Joaquan [Re: sPlKe] #323371
05/13/10 17:27
05/13/10 17:27
Croatia
croman Offline
Serious User
croman  Offline
Serious User

Croatia
heh, i should've said that before but instead i bursted out and poluted someones thread...
i also was pretending some time ago that i was a CEO of some team and i didnt even know what the CEO really stands for... laugh

but i learned my lesson...

i apologize to the guy that created that topic and to Joaquan... wink i hope you'll hear that advice from Michael...

Ubi bene, ibi Patria.
Re: @Joaquan [Re: croman] #323378
05/13/10 17:57
05/13/10 17:57
NRW/Germany
alibaba Offline
Expert
alibaba  Offline
Expert

NRW/Germany
Wow, this were some nice words Michael.

Professional Edition
A8.47.1
--------------------
http://www.yueklet.de
Re: @Joaquan [Re: alibaba] #323410
05/13/10 23:50
05/13/10 23:50
Berlin, Germany
checkbutton Offline

Expert
checkbutton  Offline

Expert

Berlin, Germany
Sorry Joaquan, but your signature always reminds me of "Compuglobalhypermeganet, Junior Vice President Homer Simpson speaking, how may I direct your call? - It's Patty."

I don't have a homepage, for god's sake!
Re: @Joaquan [Re: checkbutton] #323415
05/14/10 01:50
05/14/10 01:50
Ä°stanbul, Turkey
Quad Offline
Senior Expert
Quad  Offline
Senior Expert

Ä°stanbul, Turkey
Joquan, you are still doing the same thing:
http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=323411#Post323411

after all this words and people stating that they do not like your behaviour? Think about what can you possibly achieve by that, or would Micheal_Schwarz give you job? Just to not rip Michael's thread, if you can't do it for a long time, why offer it? That post (as addition to the other job offering replies of you)translates to, "i am a kid that never did this stuff before but i am sure i can handle it, see how great i am , i can do everything in every area, but i won't do it." While trying to look like you can really do it, but miserably fail. Did you ever made any kind of music before?

Really, please stop posting for a while.

I was sorry for you at first and tried to help, but you are completely a hopeless situation, i thought i saw the worst newcomer before you but i was wrong.

Re: @Joaquan [Re: Quad] #323417
05/14/10 04:49
05/14/10 04:49
DEEP 13
badapple Offline
User
badapple  Offline
User

DEEP 13
wow, i said to myself ... what kinda of drama will unfold today and this forum does not disappoint.

so while we are on the topic , it was jake and i who messed up the other guys job offer post , and for that i feel bad. jake should not have responded to that post , the guy was offering paid work , only serious replies should enter those. and i should have kept my comments to myself , i just couldnt take the CEO thing anymore.

on a positive note he is very ambitious smile

Re: @Joaquan [Re: badapple] #323430
05/14/10 10:13
05/14/10 10:13
Germany, BaWü
aztec Offline

Expert
aztec  Offline

Expert

Germany, BaWü
Sorry michael hope you didnt have to re-type all this you wrote here.
But that was a good little speach hope sometime people will take these words serious

regards

Aztec

Visit:
schwenkschuster-design.de
Re: @Joaquan [Re: aztec] #323439
05/14/10 11:47
05/14/10 11:47
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline OP
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
Originally Posted By: aztec
Sorry michael hope you didnt have to re-type all this you wrote here.

I have a habit of copying all my larger posts to notepad regularly while writing to have a backup, so I lost nothing, but thanks for your concern!

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku
Re: @Joaquan [Re: Michael_Schwarz] #323460
05/14/10 15:46
05/14/10 15:46
Germany / Essen
Uhrwerk Offline
Expert
Uhrwerk  Offline
Expert

Germany / Essen
Michael, you're a good guy. Nice words.

To be honest I don't understand all the drama. Why don't you just ignore that kiddo and notify a moderator when he is posting shit again? I have the feeling writing long posts to him only enforces him in his behavior as he gets the attention he wants.

Always learn from history, to be sure you make the same mistakes again...

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de