Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
M1 Oversampling
by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/28/24 09:55
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
Eigenwerbung
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, 1 invisible), 583 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19
Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 #324060
05/19/10 11:48
05/19/10 11:48
Deutsch Niedersachsen
Puppeteer Offline OP
Expert
Puppeteer  Offline OP
Expert

Deutsch Niedersachsen

Formally known as Omega
Avatar randomness by Quadraxas & Blade
http://omegapuppeteer.mybrute.com
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Puppeteer] #324064
05/19/10 12:35
05/19/10 12:35
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
*removed*

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Michael_Schwarz] #324079
05/19/10 13:24
05/19/10 13:24
Germany / Essen
Uhrwerk Offline
Expert
Uhrwerk  Offline
Expert

Germany / Essen
Bullshit. Just Bullshit.

Always learn from history, to be sure you make the same mistakes again...
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Uhrwerk] #324081
05/19/10 13:32
05/19/10 13:32
NRW/Germany
alibaba Offline
Expert
alibaba  Offline
Expert

NRW/Germany
I think there will be a big debate about this

Professional Edition
A8.47.1
--------------------
http://www.yueklet.de
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: alibaba] #324084
05/19/10 13:53
05/19/10 13:53
sebcrea Offline
sebcrea  Offline

This is how the western world should always behave in dealing with thugs, people who want to kill others because of a drawing they did, have no place in our society, period !

I mean how worth are those freedoms if we give in at the first sign of trouble. @ Uhrwerk so your the one who will defend our freedoms in the future?

@ Michael Schwarz nice laugh

Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Hummel] #324101
05/19/10 15:01
05/19/10 15:01
F
FBL Offline
Senior Expert
FBL  Offline
Senior Expert
F

Wrong forum. This belongs to Hilbert.

Thanks.

Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Hummel] #324105
05/19/10 15:08
05/19/10 15:08
İstanbul, Turkey
Quad Offline
Senior Expert
Quad  Offline
Senior Expert

İstanbul, Turkey
@sebcrea, but you should not forget that just because a little part of people tagged under same label does something, does not mean all of them approve or do this. You see not all Muslims are like them.

In fact, let's say modern Muslims, would not approve what they did. In fact Islam teaches not to kill but to explain, and turn people to the right path. What they are doing is kind of the opposite. In fact, when you consider the teachings of Islam, terrorists claiming to be doing their thing for Islam, is actually does not even counted Muslim. When you add western media sounding it even more worse and adding to it, people starts to think all Muslims are bad.

Indeed there is a problematic group, which both western/non-Muslim and real Muslim people do not want. They are certainly a problem for the non-Muslim people as seen in these events, but WE do not like them either.

Islam does NOT teach anything about something like "All non-Muslims should be killed." Whoever, thinks it does, if they think they are Muslim, is either delusional or brain-washed by the people who use them, or they can even be that brain-washer who wants to either damage the image of world Muslims or using the Islam as an excuse, and if they are non-Muslim and thinks Islam does that is getting bulls**tted.

Also there is that media making it sound like Islam really does teach what they are doing. You see few months ago, in one of big newspaper's website(probably a U.S. paper, i do not remember), a Journalist, wrote an article about Quran teaching the killing with "quotes" from the Quran. Quotes were indeed true and was not modified, but a sentence in a context can mean alot of diffrent things. I.e. there was a quote like(or something to that extent):

"You have to fight for Islam and your people,the war is your obligation, if you do not do as said and flee you will be punished."

but what he/she did not quoted was right one verse before this one, which says something like, "If enemy forces are raping your land and killing your people, you should defend your people and country."

that section is actually about not turning your back to your people when they need your help, i.e. in war. And not about you go and have to kill innocent people of other religions.

That article was removed, after a lot of people stating that one verse before these verses says something. And the author if this article apologized saying, he did not know, go the verses in a mail, checked if they are true, and just wrote the article. As i said, they are true but, they were not saying what they think it does.

Alot of other things like that,

TL;DR:
All I am saying is not even most of the Muslims like them either. Also western people or people with a fobia against Muslims, should see what Islam is all about and what it teaches and what it does not teach for themselves. Instead of listening stuff like these people claiming to be Muslims, go ahead and make a small research, listen to prudent,fair-minded and righteous Muslims instead. Before making that research, what you are doing is to relying on other peoples claims and relying on what other people and media says. Like so, you are not speaking your mind but what others want you to speak to.

What that cartoonist did was exactly that, speaking what others want people to speak to. That's not even close to free speech, that is manipulated speech and speaker is not even aware of that. Anyways, but insulting a religious figure considered to be sacred by most people is not a good thing either. Free speech is not the freedom of insulting. I am not defending people burns flags, and does the stuff they are doing, as i said, they are not even considered Muslims, from a point of Islamic view.(which they like to oversee.)

Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Quad] #324107
05/19/10 15:20
05/19/10 15:20
old_bill Offline
Senior Expert
old_bill  Offline
Senior Expert

Very nice bottom line Quadraxas.

As this is a very sensitive topic for the affected people, I encourage everyone not to take this as possible platform to insult or discompose islamic people, but to respect the difference of their culture and PoV.

I don' want to close this topic down and provoke the next discussion, but if it's going out of control, I have to.

Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: sebcrea] #324108
05/19/10 15:21
05/19/10 15:21
Beneath the Surface
alpha12 Offline
alpha12  Offline

Beneath the Surface
Originally Posted By: sebcrea
This is how the western world should always behave in dealing with thugs, people who want to kill others because of a drawing they did, have no place in our society, period !

I mean how worth are those freedoms if we give in at the first sign of trouble. @ Uhrwerk so your the one who will defend our freedoms in the future?

@ Michael Schwarz nice laugh

I've guess you are intelligent enough to stop generalizing moslem based on what you saw on tv,magazine,mass media?you must be still believe what ever you read and watch don't you?I don't see why you refer moslem as thugs,if your thinking this way,i can make the same generalizing on german as thugs also? because of past nazi,etc,if you wise enough you should know there is good and bad apple for every religion & society,i as a moslem don't ever tolerate what the extremist have been done on bali,uk,no i don't believe wtc/9-11 is act from the extremist but from the propaganda(simple proof thermite?).

Just think this way,if you have a son/daughter/families will you ever let anyone to redicule/harm them in anyway?The same with us,only the differences is we prioritize our religion first as this act of drawing really forbidden in our religion,no we won't bring this to justice with violence but with the rules on the country where this happening.

I don't see why the hatred comes out now while the tragedy happened ~10 years ago and not in germany.

Did you ever read Al-Qur'an & hadist/sunnah?or just hatred from what ever your parents/friends/tv/magazine/mass media says?This judging is not balanced,afaik good judge is know well for both side!.

Last edited by alpha12; 05/19/10 15:23.
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Quad] #324113
05/19/10 15:33
05/19/10 15:33
Red Dwarf
Michael_Schwarz Offline
Senior Expert
Michael_Schwarz  Offline
Senior Expert

Red Dwarf
Hey, we are all aware that they are a small group. The problem is the power and influence they carry. Look at the United Kingdom for example. Right now those... let's say "extremist muslims" for lack of a better word.... They are raping and twisting the laws of free speech and equality for their own benefit, while hurting others.

They demand THIS and THAT. While others lose more than they would be willing to, just so those self-appointed Prophets get more power and even more influence.

For instance they are about to pass some law so that their own traditions can be pursued without intervention from the state. In this case they want to allow muslims to continue marrying young girls, and most probably even allow them to have sex with them.

The problem is, that the right for religious equality in THEORY would allow this, and pressure from those extremists will sooner or later make it possible for them to do so, unless some people take initiative.

Let me be clear here, I have no problems with muslims, christians, followers of google or the giant spagetthi monster. I don't care which imaginary friend people believe in, or what he instructs people to do. Hell, for all I care there can be religion that demands people to walk only on their hands while constantly singing the finnish national anthem. And I have no problem with that, but only just as long as those spiritual believes don't interfere with the happiness of others.

If we have to draw Muhammed in different insulting poses to illustrate to those extremist fuckers that they are not wanted anymore and that they should either go back to their original believes or hide on the north pole, then so be it. But I (and other) won't stand idly by, while they rape our rights and freedom to impose their own moral authority.

"Sometimes JCL reminds me of Notch, but more competent" ~ Kiyaku
Page 1 of 19 1 2 3 18 19

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite