Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
M1 Oversampling
by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/28/24 09:55
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
Eigenwerbung
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Quad), 608 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: sebcrea] #324233
05/19/10 22:23
05/19/10 22:23
Germany / Essen
Uhrwerk Offline
Expert
Uhrwerk  Offline
Expert

Germany / Essen
@Puppeteer: Thank you very much. I have not hoped to convince anybody here. I'm very glad about this. It's not meant personal, that I didn't hope to convince anybody here, because I thought I'm better or you're all dumb, it's just the heat of debate. Normally this ends up in a cathastrophee in a forum and I'm really glad it turned out so much better.

@sebcrea: Of course I do drink alcohol and I do eat pork. But there is a big difference. If I am invited to a muslimic event, let's assume a marriage, I still have the right to drink alcohol and to eat pork. Even there. But it is inappropriate. It hurts the religious feelings of my invitors. So why should I offend them? In order to show them my rights? For sure not. In many cases it proves much more strength to disclaim your rights, even if they are granted to you.

Btw.: I do care about radical muslims. I wrote that I don't give a fuck if their feelings are hurt. If and how they are a threat to whom is another question. However, you won't defeat muslimic or whatever radical forces by doing something they accuse you of. I can't agree with your historical interpreation, that appeasement never secured freedom. It may be due to the fact that we never tried this.

It's kinda funny that you say that I act out of fear. I don't fear the loss of my free speech. You do fear the loss. And it's even funnier that you claim, that you lost your freedom of speech because I want to tell you how you have to act. I told my opinion to this topic and that is exactly what freedom of speech grants me. You have to decide what you do on your own. That has no influence on your rights.

I even never said that I tolerate radical islamists. But I do tolerate every other peacefull man or woman. And in my opinion that is exactly the basis for freedom of speech. If you fear the loss of your freedom of speech you should not show your disrespect for other religions. And by doing pictures of mohammed, which is clearly a tabu in the islamic world, you're just doing that: showing your disrespect.

So important I have to write it again: In many cases it proves much more strength to disclaim your rights, even if they are granted to you.

Always learn from history, to be sure you make the same mistakes again...
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Uhrwerk] #324240
05/19/10 23:03
05/19/10 23:03
Germany
F
fogman Offline
Expert
fogman  Offline
Expert
F

Germany
But, will it blend?
Imo (!) Uhrwerk is perfectly right.

Quote:
big thanks to Michael Schwarz, Puppeteer,Lukas,Hummel you really seem to have an understanding what freedom of speech means

Freedom of speech doesnīt mean that youīre a cool Fonzie if you can manage it to draw some stupid pics that may offend somebody.

Freedom of speech demands responsibility.
From a normal™ point of view.

Last edited by fogman; 05/19/10 23:22.

no science involved
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Hummel] #324251
05/20/10 00:28
05/20/10 00:28
Germany
F
fogman Offline
Expert
fogman  Offline
Expert
F

Germany
Quote:
to show that extremists canīt dictate free men what they are allowed to do.

Who has questioned that?

Quote:
Also we are not on a muslimic marriage, we are in Germany.

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globalisierung#Globalisierung_der_Kultur
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Globalization#Cultural_effects

You canīt go to a portal and leave our dimension.
Wonīt work these days.
Nor will insults stop at the state frontier, only because they got no visa.

no science involved
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Hummel] #324254
05/20/10 00:52
05/20/10 00:52
Germany
F
fogman Offline
Expert
fogman  Offline
Expert
F

Germany
Got it!
Who understands the world?
Who defines whatīs bad and whatīs good?
If you ask me: every subject (person, town, state) for its own. Thatīs live. Thatīs good.

"Childish" is an offense. Violence breeds more violence.
Why should "childish" drawers listen to somebody who insults them?
How can they believe him?

Itīs fascinating how many contradictions and double standards are
used within this issue.

no science involved
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Hummel] #324258
05/20/10 01:21
05/20/10 01:21
Germany / Essen
Uhrwerk Offline
Expert
Uhrwerk  Offline
Expert

Germany / Essen
Originally Posted By: Hummel
As long as Germany isnīt a Islamist country THOSE people have to adapt themself when they want to life here, not ME.

Absolutely right. You don't have to. But wouldn't it be nice if you followed their rules when you are invited? Would it be really too much to give some of your rights aways while amongst them for a tiny day? I don't think so.

This has got nothing to do with a molten culture or something like that. It's quite the opposite: respect for the individuals and their cultures.

Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Uhrwerk] #324260
05/20/10 01:30
05/20/10 01:30
Germany
F
fogman Offline
Expert
fogman  Offline
Expert
F

Germany
Quote:
As long as Germany isnīt a Islamist country THOSE people have to adapt themself when they want to life here, not ME.

They wonīt life here. They donīt have to adapt to anyone.
But they have the right to be offended.

Again: Words wonīt stop at frontiers.
They donīt care if they coming out of germany or not.

I donīt really feel comfortable about the globalisation.
But we have to deal with it, in a positive manner.

no science involved
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Hummel] #324272
05/20/10 02:23
05/20/10 02:23
Germany / Essen
Uhrwerk Offline
Expert
Uhrwerk  Offline
Expert

Germany / Essen
Absolutely agreed. Unfortunately this is an international event and has already caused harm, as can be shown on the example of pakistan.

Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: fogman] #324275
05/20/10 06:46
05/20/10 06:46
Beneath the Surface
alpha12 Offline
alpha12  Offline

Beneath the Surface
Isn't it's also a freedom as moslem to defend my own religion for these sort of things?but it just your definition of freedom is to run wild free like a pre-historic man,i am sure to some extent the rights that are currently undergoes on many country is to make freedom of moslem to do our own religion,but yes to some people who never see us will be very shock by our more 'conservative' way of life.The world kept changing and evulate.

About the burning flag,it's mostly done when the massacre happened in iraq,afganistan,chech,etc because based on our own literature all moslem is a whole like a body,when a part of body being hurt,the other part would be feel it,clear your mind people!US and allies doesn't attack iraq without any materialistic intention!it's all about money,the lies that the mass media kept telling you about spreading democracy is bullshit,also i agree to some degree that the fight that currently done by moslem fighter in these place is really humanely right and it's allowed by our religion.

It just humane rights,if a country and it's allies attacking your country with some silly reason will you just sit your ass in home and humming about the invasion that happened in your country?,well if you still have atleast patriotism or nationalism in your heart.

So far i know in jew,Christian,Hinduism doesn't have a strict rules about drawing their own gods,prophet,etc, while us is otherwise.Our reason to forbidden drawing is for good reason to prevent idolism!,take for example from the redicule of jesus a.s,how many kind of redicule already happened?white jesus,black jesus,in youtube jesus singing,etc.I don't how the vatican handle these but for us as moslem we will take it differently and no we will not just kept silent.Be careful because this type of anger in moslem is rightful rights!.

Don't you guys forget the law of conservation energy,don't bring the peaceful moslem into doing that we don't want to do.

Yes i am a moslem respect the other religion,i have so many budhism friends,i respect their holiday,not redicule any of their gods,etc,the same goes as my christian friends,i respect them also.

The invasion that done by US and it's allies doesn't make me hate US and allies people,i just hate the people who have any part on doing so.I have some us,europe friends,so far we got along respect each other.

Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: alpha12] #324281
05/20/10 08:01
05/20/10 08:01
Germany
F
fogman Offline
Expert
fogman  Offline
Expert
F

Germany
"Unfortunately this is an international event"

Indeed, thatīs what Iīm trying to say.

"And I dinīt say that they are not allowed to be offended by my picture irrespective of where they live."

So, wereīs the problem then?
Just let them be offended. I can perfectly see their point.
And I wonīt say "donīt take us too serious, we are just another culture...!"
This is plain arrogant and short sighted. This creates even more suspicions and
is not the way to go. No wonder, that they are feeling helpless.

Is it so hard to understand, that these pictures are a strong sacrilege???
What do you expect? Friede, Freude, Eierkuchen?

Edit: alpha12, thanks for your insights.

Last edited by fogman; 05/20/10 08:14.

no science involved
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: fogman] #324287
05/20/10 08:23
05/20/10 08:23
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
Oh you people take the world way too heavy wink.

This link might upset some people, so if you are sensitive, don't open it?
http://forthardknox.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/cartoon-muslim-danishi.jpg

And just to make fun of my own religion too (I can't imagine an agnost being hurt by seeing this):

Last edited by Joozey; 05/24/10 16:43.

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Page 5 of 19 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 18 19

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes Wïŋ―rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite