Hilbert's Hotel

Diskussionsforum zur Unendlichkeit: Theismus, Atheismus, Primzahlen, Unsterblichkeit, das Universum...
Discussing Infinity: theism and atheism, prime numbers, immortality, cosmology, philosophy...

Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Help with plotting multiple ZigZag
by degenerate_762. 04/30/24 23:23
M1 Oversampling
by 11honza11. 04/30/24 08:16
Trading Journey
by howardR. 04/28/24 09:55
Zorro Trader GPT
by TipmyPip. 04/27/24 13:50
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
Why Zorro supports up to 72 cores?
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
Eigenwerbung
by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 840 guests, and 4 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Uhrwerk] #324387
05/20/10 15:49
05/20/10 15:49
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline
Senior Expert

Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Yes, and still they are a minority and not a common representative group of our society.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Machinery_Frank] #324410
05/20/10 17:54
05/20/10 17:54
Walori Offline
Walori  Offline

As there seems to be more and more anger in discssion let me share my point of view (about all this christian / islam thing)

In christianity you have ten commandments and one of the commandets goes like this: "You shall not make wrongful use of the name of your God" And later: "You shall not murder". And if I remember correctly ( haven't looked to the big book for ages) there was a comment for not drawing a picture of thy god. Now let's compare that to islam, and hey the rules are pretty much the same!So in the end both muslims and christians should respect God over everything?

And no it's not like that today. Shout if you're a christian and you've broken the 2nd commandment (in lutheric bible style). I know that I have. Have I drawn a picture of a god? No not yet. But few have allready (for an example watch family guy). And most of the people have shouted god's name. (Oh my god!... anyone?)

To say the real thing after briefing (Note, this is based on my assumption as a christian and I've never read quaran as I feel I'm not allowed to look in it as a "false religious" person)

We who live under western culture have aparted from our roots. We've come more and more materialized in the past century (compare 19th and 20th century's end). More and more people turn to atheism and ignore that there could be higher power. In short, we respect religion less than we used to. Now in islam (as far as I understand) this is not the case. A muslims respects god, Muhammed as a founder of a religion and other profets (including that woodwork guy), and other religions. But as they respect it more than we do (we== west) we don't understand their angry towards our actions to draw pictures of their respected things, which in their religion are forbidden.

Please read that few times at this point. I've never written this much here.

About this radical thing. We've feed them. We do every day as we want more and more. When people that first tolerated other religions get to middle of the war where seems to be no sence a radical movement strikes. And when there starts to be more and more casualties on amongst the civilians the hatred grows (even when radicals bomb their own people the hatred grows... As radicals can do this: "THEY CAME HERE AND BROUGHT THIS ON YOU!",effective isn't it in right conditions?) Now DO NOT take this as I understand them. They are scum, killin innocent people is not an act of war. People had a right to choose when Al'Qaeda recruiters step on their doors,at least I hope so. There they dropped the forgivness part from quaran and started to read quaran with the method: "You see what you want to see".

So giving and arguments how that did what and who did what is pointless. When people would just respect others (even when they had made a mistake, others would respect the person if he/she would ask for their forgivness) and forgive for those who ask for it.

Isn't that one idea of both, bible and quaran?

Regards
PPS: the purpose for this was to make people think a bit more, I'm more than happy to answer to arguments against this post.

Last edited by Walori; 05/20/10 18:45.
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Walori] #324455
05/20/10 21:56
05/20/10 21:56
Netherlands
Joozey Offline
Expert
Joozey  Offline
Expert

Netherlands
Yes I agree with you Walori wink. But now with this explanation, would you allow the west to draw Muhammads?

Click and join the 3dgs irc community!
Room: #3dgs
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Joozey] #324466
05/20/10 23:47
05/20/10 23:47
Brazil - São Paulo
Ericmor Offline
Ericmor  Offline

Brazil - São Paulo
Whats this? I could swear this was one of those 4chan's jokes... what's this doing in a Connitec forum?

Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Joozey] #324527
05/21/10 13:55
05/21/10 13:55
Walori Offline
Walori  Offline

Quote:
Yes I agree with you Walori wink. But now with this explanation, would you allow the west to draw Muhammads?

It's like getting an straight answer to this problem. I wouldn't deny drawing Muhammed, but I wouldn't accept it either. (as stated earlier freedom of speech comes with responsibility about using it correctly)

Answer: No, I would not allow/accept drawings of Muhammed
regards

Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Walori] #324606
05/22/10 08:19
05/22/10 08:19
Pennsylvania, USA
FoxZero Offline
Serious User
FoxZero  Offline
Serious User

Pennsylvania, USA
Good lord saten why did I just read this entire thread? lol it took several hours 'cause I read every post lol

Here's my perspective. In high school I told people I was an atheist. I got a lot of shit for it. People said horrible things to my face. Even my teachers showed disprovable. I just said 'fuck you' and moved on with my life. I knew they were just judgmental pricks.

You know why I put up with that shit? Because I was/am proud to be an atheist! I am proud to be who I am regardless of what society thinks of me. I never did any harm to anyone, yet I offended average American Teenagers simply because I didn't agree with their faith. I never said Jesus was a douchebag or anything hurtful, I just said I was an atheist! Now I burn? Now I have no morals? I'm less vindictive than most Christians I know! In fact I don't believe in retribution!

So I've decided, I'm going to speak my mind. No law or person is going to stop me from expressing myself. Oh did I offend you? Tough. You don't have to listen to me, just ignore me and move on, just like I've ignored all the religious bullshit shoved down my throat by peers.

I say let the these people draw their pictures. They are expressing themselves and no one should stop them just because somebody might get pissed, in the end it's the radicals hurting themselves by getting so worked up.

That's what I learned from taking shit in high school. If I let those punkass kids get to me than I would have been hurting myself.

I will never ever change who I am to appease someone. That's Freedom of Speech! Expressing who you are! I will fight those who try to stop that! I am a writer! If you take that from me than I am nothing. It is a freedom I would defend with my life because it is my life.

This melodramatic post was brought to you free of charge by FoxZero. Good day all!

Check out my site http://foxzero.net
My band's website
http://wolf-hybrid.net

R.I.P. Dave Williams
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: FoxZero] #324609
05/22/10 09:18
05/22/10 09:18
Damocles_ Offline
Expert
Damocles_  Offline
Expert

Religion is just like beeing a fanatic fan of a soccer (or football) club.

You chear for everything your team does. (no matter what)
You like beeing around with other fans of your team.
You like wearing stupid scarfs or shirts with the teams banner.

An you really dislike people who like the other team.

And if someone says "soccer is stupid", you hate this person
the most.

Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Damocles_] #324693
05/22/10 17:45
05/22/10 17:45
Pennsylvania, USA
FoxZero Offline
Serious User
FoxZero  Offline
Serious User

Pennsylvania, USA
Coming from the Philadelphia area I know well the wrath of sports fan. If you see a mob of Phillys fans coming your way while in your car, don't park if you like your car right side up lol

Check out my site http://foxzero.net
My band's website
http://wolf-hybrid.net

R.I.P. Dave Williams
Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: Damocles_] #324759
05/23/10 03:47
05/23/10 03:47
Beneath the Surface
alpha12 Offline
alpha12  Offline

Beneath the Surface
Originally Posted By: Damocles_
Religion is just like beeing a fanatic fan of a soccer (or football) club.

You chear for everything your team does. (no matter what)
You like beeing around with other fans of your team.
You like wearing stupid scarfs or shirts with the teams banner.

An you really dislike people who like the other team.

And if someone says "soccer is stupid", you hate this person
the most.

I don't know much about other religion but for us it's not like that,we will not disturb other religion among a thing if in some point doesn't disturb the value in us,even in our literature in we disturb our neighbor without any reason at all we will go to hell,we have so many strict rules that prevent us to lead into non-conservative way of life.

the hooligan it's different case,you just beat up if not in your team.

Re: Draw Muhammad Day 20th May 2010 [Re: alpha12] #324771
05/23/10 10:16
05/23/10 10:16
Damocles_ Offline
Expert
Damocles_  Offline
Expert

Its not ment as a 1 to 1 comparison, but more of a parablel.

Most sport fans are peaceful too.
The Hoolegans are the extremist subgroup then in this comparison.

Page 9 of 19 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 18 19

Moderated by  jcl, Lukas, old_bill, Spirit 

Kompaktes W�rterbuch des UnendlichenCompact Dictionary of the Infinite