by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 959 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Truebones for Gamestudio #331454
07/04/10 10:49
07/04/10 10:49
Germany,NRW
KMS Offline OP
User
KMS  Offline OP
User

Germany,NRW
I am occupied for weeks more or less intensively with Truebones.Now it succeeded me to correct with Fragmotion the zero-positions of the animations. I provided 2 versions in addition to each animation. The version with the ending move moves the Scelett in the original version, but with corrected zero-position.The version with the ending Fixed holds the Scelett thereby on the zero point. Correcting of individual animation is not at all times difficult and complex thereby, but with the enormous quantity of individual package (Crystalbones has over 100 animations!) it's a giant work, which makes one crazy. Besides the first 20-150 Frames are often redundant with Truebones, since there the model does not move yet or imperceptibly. This Frames I deleted,you can think, what for a work with the quantity is.

To use: You add in the file basic model (the original Bonesmodell into starting position) your" humanmodel" .You must adapt it to this bonesmodel without changing the bones. The animations I converted to ASCII , so that one can add these easy. In addition you mark the SECOND Frame, click on import from ASCII, in the Frameeditor select the animation you want, and make a hook at import Frame Names ,to add ADDs Frames and Import animation Keys.For still another animation mark you the last Frame of the animation and repeat the procedure with the next Ani.

It is not to be concealed however that in some animations (I don't know it about this package)) bones are scaled. This Frames, and/or by the whole animation, is only conditionally usable, since it leads by the scale depending upon animation to strange behavior. I converted and may this package from the demo package of Mr.Bones naturally thus by everyone be used! Today I will probably begin with the next package, intend, to prepare all in this way my animations and to thus develop an enormous library. See times whether I hold on. Perhaps do I come also with Mr.Bones into the business with these modifications? For the moment I have ideas for new projects, but no desire, therefore I rather make this giant work. Ok, here the download:
Download

Ich beschäftige mich ja seit Wochen mehr oder weniger intensiv mit Truebones.Mittlerweile ist es mir gelungen,mit Fragmotion die Nullpositionen der Animationen zu korrigieren.Ich habe dazu zu jeder Animation 2 Versionen erstellt.Die Version mit der Endung Move bewegt das Scelett in der Originalversion,aber mit korrigiertem Nullpunkt.Die Version mit der Endung Fixed hält das Scelett dabei auf dem Nullpunkt fest.Das Korrigieren einer einzelnen Animation ist dabei gar nicht mal schwierig und aufwendig,aber bei der gewaltigen Menge eines einzelnen Paketes (Crystalbones hat über 100 Animationen!) eine irre Arbeit ,die einen bekloppt macht.Zudem sind die ersten 20-150 Frames bei Truebones immer überflüssig,da sich da das Modell noch nicht oder unmerklich bewegt.Diese Frames habe ich gelöscht,Ihr könnt Euch vorstellen,was das für eine Arbeit bei der Menge ist.
Zur Verwendung:
Du hast im Ordner Grundmodell das Original-Bonesmodell in Ausgangsposition.Dein "Menschmodell" mußt Du diesem Bonesmodell anpassen.Ich habs zwar jetzt noch nicht wieder ausprobiert,aber wahrscheinlich wird es wieder danebengehen,wenn man das Grundmodell verändert,wäre aber mal einen Versuch wert!
Die Animationen hab ich in Ascii konvertiert,sodaß man diese problemlos hinzufügen kann.Dazu markierst Du im Frameeditor den ZWEITEN Frame,clickst auf Import from Ascii,wählst die Animation aus,und machst einen Haken an Import Frame Names,Add Frames und Import Animation Keys.Um noch eine weitere Animation hinzuzufügen,markierst Du den letzten Frame der Animation und wiederholst den Vorgang mit der nächsten Ani.
Es soll aber nicht verschwiegen werden,daß in manchen Animationen (ob jetzt hier auch welche dabei sind,weiß ich nicht)Bones scaliert werden.Diese Frames,bzw.dadurch die ganze Animation,sind nur bedingt verwendbar,da es durch die Scalierung je nach Animation zu seltsamem Verhalten führt.
Dieses Paket habe ich aus dem Demopaket von Mr.Bones konvertiert und darf natürlich somit von jedem verwendet werden!
Heute werde ich wohl mit dem nächsten Paket anfangen,hab vor,alle meine Animationen auf diese Weise aufzubereiten und somit eine riesige Bibliothek aufzubauen.Mal sehen,ob ich durchhalte.Vielleicht komme ich ja auch mit Mr.Bones ins Geschäft mit diesen Modifikationen?
Im Moment habe ich zwar Ideen für neue Projekte,aber keine Lust,deshalb mache ich lieber diese Mammutarbeit.
Ach so,hier der Download:
Download

Last edited by KMS; 07/04/10 13:12.

You need full animated lowpoly-fishes?Look at
http://www.projekt-3d.de/pages/shop2pag.html
Re: Truebones for Gamestudio [Re: KMS] #331457
07/04/10 11:16
07/04/10 11:16
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
I tried to use bvh files some time ago, too. I tried it with a walking_guard with quite nice results:
http://www.puppenheim.org/knight_walking.zip
I tested several things with fragmotion and bvhacker and blender.
At least, I skipped trying to integrate bvh files in my models. Mainly, because it is too much work to change the model depending the skeleton or the other way round. I didn't manage to get the skeleton's position right.

When you proceed converting bvh files, I recommend you bvhacker, it is easy to center the animation, just a few clicks, it helps cutting the needed cycle of movement and adjusting the cycle of the animation and the count of key frames.

Ich habe auch schon mal relativ viel mit den bvh-Dateien herumprobiert, in fragmotion, in bvhacker und in blender - ich habe es komplett aufgegeben.
Meiner Meinung nach lohnt es leider den Aufwand nicht.
Ein Grund ist tatsächlich das Angleichen von Model an das Skelett und umgekehrt.

Einen Tipp, der Dir die Arbeit erleichtern könnte:
bvhacker ist extrem praktisch was das zentrieren des Models und das Ausschneiden und Optimieren so einer rohen bvh-Datei angeht.

Re: Truebones for Gamestudio [Re: Pappenheimer] #331461
07/04/10 11:47
07/04/10 11:47
Germany,NRW
KMS Offline OP
User
KMS  Offline OP
User

Germany,NRW
Ok , your result is not really worth the trouble! But I noticed that you reduced the frames to an absolute minimum, that can sense of the thing be. Please look at my model on that I provided straight from the downloadfile! (In MED please select all the sequences for playing !)That looks nevertheless at least good with my scelett, or?
Walkslip

Ok,Dein Ergebnis lohnt wirklich die Mühe nicht!Mir ist aber aufgefallen,daß Du die Frames auf ein absolutes Minimum reduziert hast,das kann natürlich nicht Sinn der Sache sein.Schau Dir mal mein Modell an,daß ich gerade aus der Download-Datei erstellt habe! (In MED bitte alle Sequenzen zum Abspielen festlegen!)Das sieht doch zumindest bei meinem Scelett gut aus,oder?
Walkslip

Last edited by KMS; 07/04/10 11:47.

Re: Truebones for Gamestudio [Re: KMS] #331466
07/04/10 12:54
07/04/10 12:54
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
EDIT: The importing of the animations as ASCII is good, but you have to make it more clear in your explanation - put the three sentences in a separate block.
Sorry that I didn't read your post as precisely as I should, but from my experiences the others won't even read your post as half as precisely as I do.

EDIT 2:
Additional try to clarify my doubts of the benefits:
I don't have any doubt that the animations will be good - the problem is to adapt it to a given model.
A problem that I didn't mention before:
In MED you can't use weights - that makes it close to useless for many organic and soft bodies.
----------------
I never said that your results are not looking good. I didn't even had a look at it.
As far as I understand you, you are going to convert a bunch of bvh animations to the mdl format. This effort serves the purpose to save work, right?
All I said, or tried to say, is that, based on my investigations, it isn't worth the trouble to use the bvh files - I'm much faster, when I build for a given model its own bones, rig the model and animate the sequences on my own in Blender.
My recommendation was to use bvhacker, because you need less time with that comfortable tool for some of the tasks that you mentioned. No need to reduce the frames as extremely as I did.

Last edited by Pappenheimer; 07/04/10 13:04.
Re: Truebones for Gamestudio [Re: Pappenheimer] #331471
07/04/10 13:25
07/04/10 13:25
Germany,NRW
KMS Offline OP
User
KMS  Offline OP
User

Germany,NRW
No need to be sorry!
You are right,some animations are missing "weights",that seems to be the problem with scaled bones.And you are also right,that it's not easy to attache the bones to a existing model.For a lot of models it will be unpossible,but also for a lot not.
I think however,correct me if I'm wrong,that you never will get such animation-results (I mean only the bones for the moment)with Blender or MED.But I have to say,that I have no knowledge about Blender.
I knew the tip with BvHacker and tested it,but for me and what I did,Fragmotion was easier to use.

Last edited by KMS; 07/04/10 13:27.

Re: Truebones for Gamestudio [Re: KMS] #331473
07/04/10 13:50
07/04/10 13:50
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
Maybe, you can convince ryangregory, to try your system with his newest model.
He is a magnificent modeler, and in case that you get your animation files working with one of his models, this is a great prove of your concept.

http://www.opserver.de/ubb7/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=330622#Post330622

Re: Truebones for Gamestudio [Re: Pappenheimer] #331493
07/04/10 17:32
07/04/10 17:32
England
ryangregory Offline
ryangregory  Offline

England
Thanks alot Pappenheimer, glad you like my work. Unfortunately I dont know that much about ascII files or about animating in MED, I usually use 3ds Max.
KMS you can use the model that I'll be releasing soon for testing your animations though, as you obviously know more about it than I do.
Hope it helps.
Cheers,
Ryan.

Re: Truebones for Gamestudio [Re: ryangregory] #331510
07/04/10 19:02
07/04/10 19:02
Germany,NRW
KMS Offline OP
User
KMS  Offline OP
User

Germany,NRW
Ok,please send me the model or downloadfile and I will try it.I know about the problem to use ready models with ready ASCII-Animations and hope about a success.!

Re: Truebones for Gamestudio [Re: KMS] #332646
07/11/10 12:18
07/11/10 12:18
Germany,NRW
KMS Offline OP
User
KMS  Offline OP
User

Germany,NRW
Here a video from my first testresults using truebones:
Video

Re: Truebones for Gamestudio [Re: KMS] #332662
07/11/10 13:46
07/11/10 13:46
Sajeth Offline
User
Sajeth  Offline
User

Hair would actually look better without this animation...

Teleschrott-Fan.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  adoado, checkbutton, mk_1, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de