by jcl. 04/26/24 11:18
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 946 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C [Re: Joquan] #333082
07/13/10 22:45
07/13/10 22:45
Berlin, Germany
L
Liamissimo Offline
Serious User
Liamissimo  Offline
Serious User
L

Berlin, Germany
This really is the best community I am knowing so far. But with an list of tons of features, an "developer studio" and just finished the workshops: we all had it million times before. Always start small, don't think you can make a mmorpg and things like that. And if you just need help, than UNPAID is not necessary, everyone (nearly) gets enough help here for free.

"Ich weiss nicht genau, was Sie vorhaben, aber Sie können keine Triggerzonen durch Ihr Level kullern lassen."
-JCL, 2011
Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C [Re: Joquan] #333083
07/13/10 22:48
07/13/10 22:48
Ä°stanbul, Turkey
Quad Offline
Senior Expert
Quad  Offline
Senior Expert

Ä°stanbul, Turkey
This post is directed to Joquan, not TheLiam^^. Read on.

Contradictions... Contradictions... ehhmmm..

First of all on this community, you left a not-so-good first impression. Saying the community is not helpful is a one big lie, or you do not check threads other than yours.

You will indeed need some help, and we will of course help if you ask it the right way. Just do not go and start a thread about a project yet to start, you would not believe what glittery threads with hollow words and with obvious ignorance and with obvious lack of knowledge about non-started projects that this comunity have seen.
Consider the idea that starting with a small and fun project(it can still be a rpg) would be easier for you to accomplish,more believable.

Drop the attitude, it's not a bad thing but stop swimming in dreams and get real if you want to get things done. Actually start the project. Go ahead and code some movement script, when you cannot get over something while your coding such stuff, ha! That's when you need to ask help and that's when you will definately get help.

P.s. I really like to help beginners -not that i am so pro-, but your attitude makes me not want to help you. thanks.

Regards,
-Quad.

Last edited by Quadraxas; 07/13/10 22:50.

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C [Re: Quad] #333115
07/14/10 03:10
07/14/10 03:10
Pennsylvania
Joquan Offline OP
Joquan  Offline OP

Pennsylvania
I didn't say it wasn't helpful, I said that it seems to be the most brutal to people trying to start something.

May I ask, why do you think you can tell me the right way to ask for help? I am not as stupid as you may think.

What attitude? Who's to say I haven't started it, and I just haven't gotten to the screenshots yet?

I have worked on the workshops, but the programming is not my strong point. You must understand, I have been a graphic artist all my life, and it was just recently that I started a programming course.

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C [Re: Joquan] #333117
07/14/10 04:05
07/14/10 04:05
DEEP 13
badapple Offline
User
badapple  Offline
User

DEEP 13
"I have been a graphic artist all my life"

well ive already pointed out that youve asked for help with a banner for your website on another forum , and even though you say you eventually made one your self , it still means you cant be much of a graphic artist. quad has dished out so much good advice on you , and you ignore it all. your problem is you do not want to ask for help! you want free employees to do your
work , well my young friend you wont find them here!

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C [Re: badapple] #333230
07/14/10 23:52
07/14/10 23:52
Pennsylvania
Joquan Offline OP
Joquan  Offline OP

Pennsylvania
You have pointed out something that I said, because at the time, I couldn't find my graphic software.

Quad didn't give me any good advice, as far as I can remember. The only DECENT advice you guys gave me was the advice to change my name from Ltd. I ASK FOR HELP! If you think that I want my employees to do all my work, you are very ignorant. I have said many times that I know that one person cannot create the game I have planned. (Project Pheonix) I have just had trouble finding people who can program games in SpiderMonkey.

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C [Re: Joquan] #333248
07/15/10 04:10
07/15/10 04:10
WA, Australia
J
JibbSmart Offline
Expert
JibbSmart  Offline
Expert
J

WA, Australia
I think you're missing an animator in that list. Or if you want the modeler to do that, you'll want more than one modeler for a "medium sized RPG", especially if it's on such a scale that you expect you'll need assistance putting maps together.

And regardless of whether or not Quad can tell you how to ask for help (I believe Quad can), you should understand that you're not presenting yourself in such a way that people will want to assist you.

Have you ever seen the occasional really small but well-polished project (pong clones, breakout clones) that get into the "Projects" forum? They receive much encouragement because most newbies will not start small, even though it's the best thing for them to do. It garners respect and experience that'll take you places and make your future plans much more realistic. I didn't start small, and I still have never completed a game.

Jibb

Formerly known as JulzMighty.
I made KarBOOM!
Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C [Re: JibbSmart] #333250
07/15/10 05:04
07/15/10 05:04
Pennsylvania
Joquan Offline OP
Joquan  Offline OP

Pennsylvania
I haven't completed a full game yet, but I have created RC's of my main adventure game project. (Which already has plans for a sequel. tongue )

Anyways, thank you for reminding me of the animator, I completely forgot. tongue

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C [Re: Joquan] #333279
07/15/10 13:32
07/15/10 13:32
Lübeck
Slin Offline
Expert
Slin  Offline
Expert

Lübeck
Why are you so ignorant?

Quote:

May I ask, why do you think you can tell me the right way to ask for help? I am not as stupid as you may think.

He probably can´t and he didn´t, but he told you that you are doing it the wrong way. And now ask yourself again why noone helps you. Maybe because you are REALLY asking in a wrong way?

Quote:

What attitude? Who's to say I haven't started it, and I just haven't gotten to the screenshots yet?

A screenshot is one press of F6, nothing to get to. If you don´t show something, it shows us that you didn´t do something yet, and if you already did something, that it isn´t worth much more than nothing.
And your attitude basicly seems to be that of a egoistic, thickheaded and stupid 15 years old boy, thinking that he is better than others, by ignoring all good advices of those better (especially in terms of experience) than you.

Quote:

You must understand, I have been a graphic artist all my life

That is just bullshit. I haven´t seen anything from you that looks like graphics yet.
And not being able to find your graphics software... LOL? There are many great freeware tools available and as a graphics artist, you usually use your software often enough to not not being able to find it.

It is btw fun to help people, but not if they behave the way you do.
Is there btw a functionality to ignore users on these forums?
As that could be interesting, since it is hard to not being too offending in such threads.

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C [Re: Slin] #333283
07/15/10 13:45
07/15/10 13:45
Germany, Luebeck
Xarthor Offline
Expert
Xarthor  Offline
Expert

Germany, Luebeck
@Slin:
Yes there is an ignore function. Click on the user name -> View Profile
Then you can click on "Ignore user".

Re: [Unpaid] Small RPG with Lite-C [Re: Xarthor] #333302
07/15/10 17:06
07/15/10 17:06
England
ryangregory Offline
ryangregory  Offline

England
No offence Joquan but you seem to want to be more of a businessman than a game creator. You need to get over yourself and start small, making small games and building your experience and understanding of the way things work.
And try to listen and take in opinions of the people you want to make your games for you, it will help you in the future.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de