Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (degenerate_762, AbrahamR, AndrewAMD, ozgur), 667 guests, and 8 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
LawangSewu : 1000 ways in, no way out #333664
07/18/10 07:30
07/18/10 07:30
B
bart_the_13th Offline OP
bart_the_13th  Offline OP
B

This is actually an entry for local game contest.
Lawang Sewu means 1000 gates. This is 3D First Person horror game, where player plays as a girl lost in a creepy building in middle Java (known for lots of 'sightings').

The contest end in less than 1 week and I still have lots todo. But I need feedback about the game:
1.I'm using new control scheme where the game can be controlled by using mouse only, left click to interact and right click to move forward. The question is, is it confortable enough?

2. It's supposed to be horror game, so the main question is, is it scary enough?

Made using A7 Extra so dont expect fancy things tongue But I used ChrisB bloom.dll(credits to Chris) and PurePacker to pack all the thing into one exe file.(but it still show A6 icon since purepacker was made for A6)

Here's where to download it:
http://www.mediafire.com/?kdtmncps9kvtmhg

Any feedback and critics will be appreciated

[EDIT]
Tested, the file wont work if directly ran from the download location, but you must move/copy it somewhere else on your HDD before running it.
In case the packed version not working, here's the alternative zipped version
http://www.mediafire.com/?ccx2e8piixm23f2

Last edited by bart_the_13th; 07/18/10 10:10.
Re: LawangSewu : 1000 ways in, no way out [Re: bart_the_13th] #333677
07/18/10 10:56
07/18/10 10:56
Hummel Offline
Expert
Hummel  Offline
Expert

you should use English as general ingame language
as long as the player can´t get hurt you´ll not be able to scary anyone except your little sister

movement sucks, I alway have to turn around to walk 'backwards'
you could try to emulate a analog stick using the mouse to overcome the problem

Last edited by Hummel; 07/18/10 11:00.
Re: LawangSewu : 1000 ways in, no way out [Re: Hummel] #333683
07/18/10 12:51
07/18/10 12:51
Berlin, Germany
L
Liamissimo Offline
Serious User
Liamissimo  Offline
Serious User
L

Berlin, Germany
I just played it short time because the movements are so annoying. The game itself is a little bit scary, but because of the strange model that seems to be a torchlight and the movement problems it isn't fun playing. ALso the lightcone of the torchlight is way to small, you can't se nothing. And the textures are very big scaled, so not detailed. In a game where you can only see the walls and the textures arent good thats not good.

But if you change the textures and work on the movement it would be fun playing, the "scary" scenes were scary laugh

"Ich weiss nicht genau, was Sie vorhaben, aber Sie können keine Triggerzonen durch Ihr Level kullern lassen."
-JCL, 2011
Re: LawangSewu : 1000 ways in, no way out [Re: Hummel] #333798
07/19/10 06:44
07/19/10 06:44
B
bart_the_13th Offline OP
bart_the_13th  Offline OP
B

Originally Posted By: Hummel
you should use English as general ingame language

Like I said, it was made for local compo. I'll create English version later I guess

as long as the player can´t get hurt you´ll not be able to scary anyone except your little sister

I try to make the game finishable even for non gamer as well as non hardcore gamer. Beside, in some game, player just afraid that the character died instead of scared by the game itself, that's something I want to avoid.

And yes, my little sister does scareto play this game grin

movement sucks, I alway have to turn around to walk 'backwards'
you could try to emulate a analog stick using the mouse to overcome the problem

That was intentional. I want player to look and move to someplace the way I want. I want player move to a room forward, not backward or sideway. Beside, ithe game was meant for non hardcore gamer where they arent used to use WSAD button(if you ever see someone playing FPS game for the first time, you'll see grin )

BTW, thanks for the feed back, I do feel like to rebuild the game by following your advices after the compo ends( JuOn, anyone? ).

Re: LawangSewu : 1000 ways in, no way out [Re: bart_the_13th] #333819
07/19/10 10:56
07/19/10 10:56
Berlin, Germany
L
Liamissimo Offline
Serious User
Liamissimo  Offline
Serious User
L

Berlin, Germany
About the movement: Maybe it is good for non gamers, but if a door opens and you are in the way and you have to turn aroun than turn again around and then walk through the door. Nah, just include a WASD movement for all those gamers there wink

"Ich weiss nicht genau, was Sie vorhaben, aber Sie können keine Triggerzonen durch Ihr Level kullern lassen."
-JCL, 2011
Re: LawangSewu : 1000 ways in, no way out [Re: Liamissimo] #333834
07/19/10 12:20
07/19/10 12:20
Connecticut, USA
Blink Offline

Expert
Blink  Offline

Expert

Connecticut, USA
i like it, but the flashlight should illuminate objects when its cloe to them. and, the atmosphere would be creepier if there was some background music. when that debris fell from the ceiling, i almost shat myself,lol! this would be a great scary game just to frighten someone.

My Famous Quotes: "Hip hop is like a virus, infecting everyone and everything around it. Every form of media has some way,shape or form, assimilated hip hop into it." It has also mutated into other strains like, trip hop, house, rap, gangster, and conscious forms. Once you are infected with it, its with you for life."

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de