by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,089 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
the new pad generation #341970
09/22/10 12:14
09/22/10 12:14
Potsdam, Brandenburg, Germany
Machinery_Frank Offline OP
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline OP
Senior Expert

I am interested in the new pad generation. I prefer the alternative products of Apple, just because I like to have the freedom of USB, data exchange, real multi-tasking and an open OS. There are some interesting products now like the Samsung Galaxy Pad:
http://galaxytab.samsungmobile.com/

But I found it quite amazing that a German product is even better than that (bigger screen, more powerful CPU, Linux and Android as OS):
http://wetab.mobi/files/produktspezifikationen_presse_wetab_100913.pdf

This last one can run Adobe Air, Java, Android and Linux applications. You can just use a standard Office application and you can even attach a wireless keyboard for that.

The reason is: I often read electronic documentations and tutorials. And I don't want to be bound to the PC only. I also watch a lot of video tutorials for my 3d modelling and rendering. And I found it very comfortable to move through such documents via touch-screen on my N97 phone. Also browsing the internet is just more fun when controlling directly with fingers. But the display of my phone is just 3,5''. The Samsung pad has 7'' and the WeTab even has 11.6''.
Both devices can run HD videos (not only 720, but 1080px).
So it is perfect to watch a movie in the train just with such a small device.

I find it quite amazing.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: the new pad generation [Re: Machinery_Frank] #341989
09/22/10 13:40
09/22/10 13:40
Germany, Luebeck
Xarthor Offline
Expert
Xarthor  Offline
Expert

Germany, Luebeck
Quote:

(...)
I find it quite amazing.

Yep. Me too.

Another interesting concept is the one of the Lenovo IdeaPad U1 Hybrid:

It's basicly a notebook but you can take of the screen. Inside the case of the screen is a complete second system and thus you can use the screen as a tablet/pad.

Some more info:
http://www.engadget.com/2010/01/05/lenovo-ideapad-u1-hybrid-hands-on-and-impressions/

About the weTab: They claim to produce that kind of a product but they have been claiming this for a long time now and its still not out on the market.

Last edited by Xarthor; 09/22/10 13:43.
Re: the new pad generation [Re: Xarthor] #341991
09/22/10 13:50
09/22/10 13:50
Machinery_Frank Offline OP
Senior Expert
Machinery_Frank  Offline OP
Senior Expert

Xarthor: This ideaPad is also a great idea, looks similar like my phone (It also has a keyboard. But removing the screen is a cool thing).

About the weTab: First customres get their weTab tomorrow as you can see from the Amazon and from the weTab websites. They dont produce the hardware (hw comes from Asia). They produce only the software, the tools and they deliver the cloud hardware for backup and synchronization.

Models, Textures and Games from Dexsoft
Re: the new pad generation [Re: Machinery_Frank] #341995
09/22/10 14:12
09/22/10 14:12
Germany, Luebeck
Xarthor Offline
Expert
Xarthor  Offline
Expert

Germany, Luebeck
@Frank: Whups. Wasn't up-to-date regarding the weTab. Now I'm really excited and looking forward to some opinions from users of the weTab.

I could imagine getting some pad/tablet like device for university to read course information and literature rather than printing it. But we'll see, maybe an eBook reader like the amazon kindle would also be up to the task. Pros are the very long up-time of the kindle and the nice eInk display which is easy on the eyes (at least more easy than normal lcds etc.) and a contra is the only greyscale screen and the more or less "only read" functionality.

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de