Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Ayumi, 1 invisible), 584 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Animator needed #342105
09/23/10 14:33
09/23/10 14:33
Germany
Error014 Offline OP
Expert
Error014  Offline OP
Expert

Germany
Hey everyone,

we're currently looking for someone who could help us out with animating humanoid characters.

The characters are already modelled and skinned, but they're missing animations.
Since we're working with A6.6, we cannot use bone-animations. You can, naturally, create the animations using bones (we'd recommend you to do so), but when exporting to MED, you'll have to convert the animation to vertex-animations.

We're willing to pay for this, even! However, this is a hobby-project we're doing in our free time - and we're not exactly rich. So please keep in mind that we won't be able to pay much.
For now, there are about three characters that need animations, but we'll need your help for further characters later on.

We'd love to hear from you! You can send me your offers via PM or email ( onepixelgames[at]yahoo.de -- yeah, it's a free email-service - we're not bothering with a website until we're ready to show something laugh )

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: Animator needed [Re: Error014] #342121
09/23/10 17:23
09/23/10 17:23
Flevoland, 5 meters under wate...
Roel Offline
Roel  Offline

Flevoland, 5 meters under wate...
I am interested in animating models, although I am not exactly good, I can make
some animations.

Some questions:

What kind of game are you making?
How soon do you need the animations?
Why you can't use bones under A6.6? I have a A6.6 commercial somewhere,
and it was able to use bone animation, although not using weights.
Email: RoelSMit[at]live.com

Check out the throwing game here: The throwing game
Re: Animator needed [Re: Roel] #342203
09/24/10 16:53
09/24/10 16:53
Germany
Error014 Offline OP
Expert
Error014  Offline OP
Expert

Germany
Hey,

I'll try to explain a bit more about the game we're working on.
The game is an adventure-game, based half on dialogs, half on puzzles about observation and wit. The player's goal is to closely investigate a short sequence, see what the characters a doing, and manipulate their surroundings so that the sequence ends as the player intended.
These sequences are in 3D and can be seen from any angle, so animations have to be done as they'd be for any other kind of genre.

Right now, we're trying to complete the first few sequences, and we'll need animations for those. They include basic standard animations like "walk" and "run" or opening doors, but also some more unusual things, like throwing a chair or choking someone.

Please note that facial animations are not necessary, since those are taken care of differently.

Additionally, as the project grows and more sequences are added, more animations might be needed. In that case, we'd need to figure another deal for those animations out.

---

There is no hard time limit for those animations. In another thread, I've put it like this:

Quote:
Since we're doing this in our free time, the project isn't moving along in a speed that you'd expect of professional developers, but on the flip side, this means that we won't expect this speed of you. [...] We take one step at a time, and we don't expect more from you.

Of course, if I'm paying for this, then I'd like to see those models sooner rather than later, but I do believe that all in all, it's quite nice to work with us.

Yes, A6.6 technically supports bones-animation, but in our experience, the quality of bones-animations without weights is lackluster at best. This is why we'd prefer to animate in a tool other than MED and export the results as vertex-animation later (though it would be neat to have the rigged model avaible in Blender or a similar tool so I can do very simple animations myself)

I do hope that answers some questions. I realize now that my original post might have been a bit to short, and for that I apologize. Thanks to all that showed interest so far!

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: Animator needed [Re: Error014] #342274
09/26/10 03:52
09/26/10 03:52
L
lyingmime Offline
lyingmime  Offline
L

Hey Error, just wanted to let you know that I sent you an email with a portfolio attachment (from tjacobs). Let me know if it didn't go through or what you think of it. Thanks!

Re: Animator needed [Re: lyingmime] #342317
09/26/10 14:51
09/26/10 14:51
Germany
Error014 Offline OP
Expert
Error014  Offline OP
Expert

Germany
Yup, I've gotten the mail! I'll have to get back to my team (can't decide everything on my own now, can I?), so expect a reply tomorrow or maybe on tuesday.

Thanks again to all that showed interest so far! laugh

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de