by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, alibaba), 1,184 guests, and 3 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
My experience with Chois3D/ChoiJ #360633
02/25/11 16:25
02/25/11 16:25
Berlin, Germany
L
Liamissimo Offline OP
Serious User
Liamissimo  Offline OP
Serious User
L

Berlin, Germany
Hey Guys,

I searched a model a few days ago so I also contacted Chois3D (in the Forum known as ChoiJ) and Blattsalat.

Chois answered after a day, here is the quoted Text:
Quote:
Hi Liam;
Thanks for support, my friend.
http://www.otakusan.de/shop/images/did00211.jpg ( white big beard + hat in brown, Need cartoon style.. )

Character:
Old wizard. Cartoon Style. 1000-3000 polys. 1024x1024 Diffuse map. animations ( walk,bar attack and spell ).
Price : 180 EUR / model

If no problem, I arranged for team artists to create model. look forward to hearing from you soon. laugh

Regards
Chois

We note that his picture is a picture from my Post and not what I wanted as this picture should only show the bar of the wizard.

I responded with:
Quote:
Hey,

thanks for the Offer but I got one for 50€ and as I am a student I can't simply pay 180€, sorry.

Thanks anyway

Liam

Blattsalat has written me the same day with an 50€ offer which is way less and he is also a trusted member here.

I thought it was over with Chois3D, but then those 3 Mails arrived:
Mail 1 - 23.Feb
Quote:
Hi Liam;
my friend, 50EUR can only create <1000 polys character models, Not too much detail.
If you need, you can contact me. laugh

Thanks for support
Chois

Mail 2 - 23.Feb
Quote:
Hi Liam;
Although only 50EUR, I arranged for artists to help you create models and animations , because you are a student, try to help you, but this is not the standard price, please do not tell anyone.

Thank you
Chois

Mail 3 - Same day
Quote:
To add, I use paypal.
Payment note:
send you lock password .rar file..you pay complete.. I send you password.
Payment email : Removed
Paypal - send money
Please select Services . not Goods,eBay Items.

At least Mail 4 - Same day as before, 23.Feb
Quote:
Hi Liam;
Model will be completed tomorrow or the day after, please contact me as soon as possible.
if you do not need, will stop creating.

Thank you
Chois

So he really started on his own with the creation of the model without having my "permission". I responded.
Quote:
Hey Chois,

please stop the developement as I did not agreed with you. I was away yesterday so I couldn't respond fast, I thank you for your generous offer but the Job was already filled after you send me your 180€ plan.

Have a nice day
Liam

And another one:
Quote:
Hey,

Sorry, I was away yesterday. Please stop your work, at the Moment the job is already filled.

Thank you
Liam

This definitely is a clear "Stop" for him. I thought once more it is over now. But no, he wrote me back:
Quote:
Hey my friend;
I can forgive you, I will pay the artist's work. because the team's reputation and trust..

Thank you
Chois

I think he wanted to say he has now understood his error with beginning to work on my model, forgiven is a very strange word in this sense. He seemed to pay his own team for whatever...
Again, NOT over, today this mail:
Quote:
Hi Liam;
So you savings 180EUR ( with the standard price), contact me, the model has been completed, my friend..

Thanks for support
Chois

Attached two pictures of a model, one is this here:

Seems like he created a model altough I stopped it and the model isn't not at all what I wanted from my description.

My advice: Don't use it. Getting really angry here, I update soon because I'm sure he is going to write me today.

Last edited by TheLiam; 02/25/11 16:28.

"Ich weiss nicht genau, was Sie vorhaben, aber Sie können keine Triggerzonen durch Ihr Level kullern lassen."
-JCL, 2011
Re: My experience with Chois3D/ChoiJ [Re: Liamissimo] #360641
02/25/11 17:16
02/25/11 17:16
Germany
Error014 Offline
Expert
Error014  Offline
Expert

Germany
I don't know, this really sounds more like a language-issue than outright conspiracy. You could have been a bit friendlier, he could have waited until everything was clear and set in stone.

Lesson learnt: Never EVER communicate something when you're angry (or at least try avoidign it). No emails, no PMs, no phonecalls, no embarrassment and hate later on. Also, possibly less misunderstandings?

Last edited by Error014; 02/25/11 17:29. Reason: :|

Perhaps this post will get me points for originality at least.

Check out Dungeon Deities! It's amazing and will make you happy, successful and almost certainly more attractive! It might be true!
Re: My experience with Chois3D/ChoiJ [Re: Error014] #360644
02/25/11 17:35
02/25/11 17:35
Berlin, Germany
L
Liamissimo Offline OP
Serious User
Liamissimo  Offline OP
Serious User
L

Berlin, Germany
Of course I wasn't happy after 4 mails of him ignoring that I wrote "stop the developement".

Anyway, this should only be my point of view, he created a model and that is good but I can't be more clear if I write two time "stop the developement".

"Ich weiss nicht genau, was Sie vorhaben, aber Sie können keine Triggerzonen durch Ihr Level kullern lassen."
-JCL, 2011
Re: My experience with Chois3D/ChoiJ [Re: Liamissimo] #360670
02/25/11 22:08
02/25/11 22:08
Sajeth Offline
User
Sajeth  Offline
User

This could also be part of the Asian mentality - he probably hoped to get the job anyways; just dont pay him.

But, well, Error is probably right anyways... I had a hard time discussing business with that guy too, it's just that language barrier.

Teleschrott-Fan.
Re: My experience with Chois3D/ChoiJ [Re: Sajeth] #371863
05/26/11 06:45
05/26/11 06:45
Hong Kong
ChoiJ Offline
ChoiJ  Offline

Hong Kong
@TheLiam,You're just student, a friend advised me to reply this post, to clarify.

I do not understand you purpose,
If you tell me: chois, I need to free character, can you help me?
Perhaps, I will consider, Because some friends are very friendly.

about Password files, some guys do not pay artists work, I can only take this approach.
If you are angry because of the password file, I'm really sorry.

1. I did not receive you money.
2. artist create a complete model,you do not like it , you can not pay.
3. Finally, I pay the artist 180EUR, because of his work, I have to pay to him.
4. About dialogue, you have posted, friends can watch.

Ask you again: you lost money in this deal?!!

Because you are a student, You have only 50EUR!!
Artist agree,did it entirely out of kindness!!

Last edited by ChoiJ; 05/26/11 08:30.
Re: My experience with Chois3D/ChoiJ [Re: ChoiJ] #371890
05/26/11 11:52
05/26/11 11:52
Karlsruhe
PadMalcom Offline
Serious User
PadMalcom  Offline
Serious User

Karlsruhe
This is clearly a language problem, after all those posts both of you did not understand what the other one means laugh

Re: My experience with Chois3D/ChoiJ [Re: PadMalcom] #371908
05/26/11 14:46
05/26/11 14:46
Germany, BaW�
Rondidon Offline
Expert
Rondidon  Offline
Expert

Germany, BaW�
Originally Posted By: Liam

thanks for the Offer but I got one for 50€ and as I am a student I can't simply pay 180€, sorry.

Liam, this sentence can easily be interpreted as "if you make it for 50€, we`ll have a deal". "I got one" is no correct English and can`t be easily understood, especially if you`re living in Asia. I would have interpreted it that way, too. Also, because you normally don`t reject a proposial that way. It was a bit unfriendly, wasn`t it?

Don´t forget the language barrier and the different cultures.

ChoiJ didn`t make a mistake at all. He did quite the reverse. He was very kind and found a way to make the (cute and nice) model for 50 EUR. He just misunderstood that you didn`t need the model anymore. wink

Re: My experience with Chois3D/ChoiJ [Re: Rondidon] #371910
05/26/11 14:53
05/26/11 14:53
Cambridge
Joey Offline
Expert
Joey  Offline
Expert

Cambridge
Originally Posted By: Rondidon
"I got one" is no correct English

Why not? It's the simple past form of "I get one". Surely one would rather use present perfect here, but is it really wrong?

Sorry for OT.

Re: My experience with Chois3D/ChoiJ [Re: Joey] #371912
05/26/11 15:02
05/26/11 15:02
Germany, BaW�
Rondidon Offline
Expert
Rondidon  Offline
Expert

Germany, BaW�
I think it´s at least slang, isn`t it? I would have written something like this:

"Hello ChoiJ

Thanks very much for your offer. I`m afraid that I can`t pay you that much money because I`m a student. I`m very sorry, but we can`t work together.
I already found another modeler, Blattsalat from the Acknex forums, who makes me the model for a price that I`m able to pay.
Nevertheless I wish you all the best. Your business is great for people who are able to pay more than me. I´m sure you will find another job.

Thanks again,
Liam"

Maybe not the best English, too. But I think it`s understandable and more friendly.

Re: My experience with Chois3D/ChoiJ [Re: Rondidon] #371989
05/27/11 00:52
05/27/11 00:52
Hong Kong
ChoiJ Offline
ChoiJ  Offline

Hong Kong
Thank you, all friends.

Actually very simple, you give the requirements and budget, if the cooperation is no problem, I created..

I received some projects, animation requires quite unique, perhaps I understand is limited.
I try to request friends translator, he is an UK independent developer, sometimes he can not understand these requirements $%#@!^~~.. my god..

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de