by jcl. 04/26/24 11:09
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
4 registered members (AndrewAMD, 7th_zorro, VoroneTZ, Quad), 901 guests, and 0 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR
19050 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Staff evaluation [paid] #361116
03/01/11 00:43
03/01/11 00:43
U
Urloc Offline OP
Urloc  Offline OP
U

Project name: Pending
Genre: MMORPG (Turn based)

INTRODUCTION ABOUT MYSELF

Hi guys,

My name is Hugo Reyes (yes, same as the fat guy of Lost) and this will be my first project as designer. Yes, yes, yes I completely know what you are thinking now "Another fool with an idea" and even though this may be correct in both terms as I have an idea and I may be considered a fool, I have some experience about game developement.

I have been working for 8 years in the gaming industry as a game tester, senior tester and lead tester for Dinamic Multimedia, Pyro studios and Square-Enix. Right now I want to move forward and design a game myself.

BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT

The whole idea is to make a turn based MMORPG. Nothing new, there are lots of them. Of course it has twists and tweaks and it is not a copy of any released game, but being realistic it will be another turn based MMORPG based in middle age (yes, another game full of lightning bolts, firebolts, and special attacks with weird names).

Not that i can describe the game fully here, because the design phase of the game is not a concept, actually it has been already designed and fully structured. Of course the structure is going to change along with the development. For example, the structure of XP gain and Level advancement is developed but, it will need a really hard tune because it is impossible to know if characters will advance fast or slow with it until it can be tested.

About the gameplay and to make it short, another game where you move a small character on a world map and from time to time you get encounters and then, by the art of magic, a full party appears to fight with an enemy of a group of them. Player hacks the enemy group, gets experience, gets items if lucky and when player is sick of farming/leveling goes to city, sells the useless stuff he's got, crafts items, buys items and back to the routine. Yes, there are more features but basically, that is it.

PROJECT STATUS

The game concept and design has been already done and tested. As it is a turn based game it can be tested on paper as if you were playing brick and mortar RPG and on the paper works. Will it work in the game? Of course not.

There is not a deadline for finishing the game, but I can calculate a realistic time frame of 2 years.

PROJECT FUNDING

I am not the only one behind this project, there are also several investors linked to the gaming industry. I can not disclose the budget of the game since there is not a fixed budget. It is just not possible to calculate the budget of an online game but yes, we have calculated the costs for the servers, zone servers, login servers etc, modeling and development. Of course we are not talking about the weekly pay of a student here.

About funding, we have evaluated A8 and as for technology it seems to be what we need, and the price of the Pro Version license is not what worries us at all, what worries us is the price of the development. Sure we can hire a programmer group, introduce them the engine and scripting language and start developing, but that will need much more time (and money) than hiring staff that is already familiar with the engine.

To be honest, we still haven't decided that A8 will be the engine we will use, that will highly depend on the staff we can find to use it.

WHAT WE NEED

We are in need of a full staff of scripters, 3 sounds good to start. After some time, we will need more staff, but since the game has no code yet, first thing is the code.

The profile of the staff we need is enthusiastic people who are willing to engage in a serious project and make money. If you are actually a programmer with experience (that you can prove) in games, on reputed companies, we can talk about a professional salary here, but if you are a scripter that has done a couple of games that were never sold commercially don't you expect to make a living with this. If you have no experience at all, you still can apply and you will be considered but obviously, money conditions must be matching your experience.

HOW TO APPLY

Send a short resume about yourself by PM in this site to me. No need to include your contact details at all and not need to tell us where did you study your highschool. We are interested in the following data:

- Introduction about yourself: Please post an introduction about yourself as I did here. Mention your relevant experience if any and also mention why do you think you are good for the role. Do not be shy if you have no experience, but be honest.

- Games you have developed or you have participated in.

- Expected salary: Be realistic with that, as I mentioned before, we will be glad to pay a good salary to an experienced programmer who has participated in commercial projects, but if you have never done that do not overbid yourself or you will be utterly ignored. As for the salary, bid per hours.

- Availability / Extreme availability: Mention the hours / week you can work in normal conditions and also the hours / week that you can work in extreme conditions. Extreme conditions will mean that we need you to finish something so that another coder can start working with what you have to finish. We do not think we will need you to overwork often, even less at the beginning stage of development.

-Questions: If you have any.

Thanks a lot,

Hugo Reyes

Last edited by Urloc; 03/01/11 00:44.
Re: Staff evaluation [paid] [Re: Urloc] #361118
03/01/11 00:51
03/01/11 00:51
DEEP 13
badapple Offline
User
badapple  Offline
User

DEEP 13
welcome to the forum

Re: Staff evaluation [paid] [Re: badapple] #361125
03/01/11 01:41
03/01/11 01:41
U
Urloc Offline OP
Urloc  Offline OP
U

Originally Posted By: badapple
welcome to the forum

Thanks a lot.

Re: Staff evaluation [paid] [Re: Urloc] #361129
03/01/11 02:00
03/01/11 02:00
North America
Redeemer Offline
Serious User
Redeemer  Offline
Serious User

North America
This sounds a lot better than your average "Let's make an MMO!" Good to hear you have some investors.

I'm still in highschool, but I have years of experience behind me and a commercial game that's set to come out within the next few weeks. I will graduate at the end of this semester and I will have nothing to do for all of next year.

If you guys are still around by then, maybe I'll apply.

Eats commas for breakfast.

Play Barony: Cursed Edition!
Re: Staff evaluation [paid] [Re: Redeemer] #361435
03/02/11 22:05
03/02/11 22:05
Berlin, Germany
S
SchokoKeks Offline
User
SchokoKeks  Offline
User
S

Berlin, Germany
This sounds really interesting. Got a lot to do right now, but I think I'm going to write you tomorrow.

Hope you get lots of replies and see that 3DGS is indeed the right engine!

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de