by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (Konsti, AndrewAMD, 1 invisible), 1,376 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Confined Space Movement Code [paid] #364826
03/21/11 10:48
03/21/11 10:48
PA
Garrettwademan Offline OP
Garrettwademan  Offline OP

PA
Hi, my name is Garrett Swindell. I am looking for assistance on some movement code only so its compatibility with my current project. I don't know why I am having all this trouble with it, but I am missing something.

Quick Info:
- Paying $30 USD for one time job
- This is only for modifying my player movement code only to work with my existing project (download here: Download My Current Project http://www.garrettwademan.com/3dgs_movement_help.zip)
- This is using C-Script, version 7.82, must be compatible with this version

Overview: First, I am willing to pay $30 USD for assistance on this one time job. I already have the base code and base movement code written. I need it to be touched up to work with my current project (see link for working project).

Problem:
I am creating a small confined space room (basically it is an underground mine cavern) and I am having issues with collision. I have real basic code written to compensate for the player falling out of the world and gliding up walls. If I try the one method, the player falls through to the bottom of the world. The other method I use doesn't work because the bounding box is so large that the confined space doesn't allow the player to move easily.

Things you should know:
This world is not built in WED. I have coded an algorithm to create an enclosed mine shaft using points in the 3D world (just like voxels). The mine system is put together by two sided planes (see picture below). It may have been easier to code if it was built in WED, but I need this to be dynamic, not fixed.

What I need, SOLUTION I am looking for:
I am looking for a developer to review the player movement code (lines 115 through 212). I have removed a lot of the movement code I had because it was not applicable for this portion. I have great code for above terrain movement, but it seems I am running into all kinds of trouble when it is in a confined area.

I also need the following with this movement code:
- The player cannot glide up the Z axis on the wall, they need to glide along the wall
- The player should be able to get close to the walls, without violently shaking up and down (with my code haha)
- The player should not fall out of the world when they have a collision with a wall or floor
- I would like some type of gravity so if the player falls within the mine, he goes down and does not float
- If you add jumping code, I will throw in an extra $5 USD for a total of $35.

Things I tried that didn't work:
- I played with c_setminmax(me) variants
- I played with move_friction variants
- I tried using disable_z_glide variants
- I tried using move_min_z variants

Additional:
If you come up with any more cool ideas to make this movement code better, please let me know. I am willing to pay for ideas to improve this system. Unfortunately I can't seem to figure this out and I think if someone already has existing code they could apply, this will take less than 10 minutes.

Please inform me you are working on this project. If I get 20 people working on this at the same time and send me the code, I can't pay them all. If you play with the code and figure this out, then send me a PM prior to sending the final fix/code/download link with updated project. I need to confirm that you are working on it so you are guaranteed to get paid.

Other Information:
Email: garrett@garrettwademan.com
Project Link: Download My Current Project
Method of Payment: PayPal, or mailed CHECK (check good for US only), I am paying $30 USD for this with optional extra $5 for jumping code

Thank you again. I have exhausted almost a week with this code trying to get it to work without any luck. I am reaching out to the community for some assistance on this application. If you need any additional details, please contact me.

Last edited by Garrettwademan; 03/21/11 10:54.

Current Project: Computer Repair Simulator
https://www.computer-repair-simulator.com
Re: Confined Space Movement Code [paid] [Re: Garrettwademan] #364883
03/21/11 19:20
03/21/11 19:20
Bielefeld, Germany
Pappenheimer Offline
Senior Expert
Pappenheimer  Offline
Senior Expert

Bielefeld, Germany
Question:
Do you get all this trouble, even when your cave just consists of absolutely vertical and horizontal planes?

Re: Confined Space Movement Code [paid] [Re: Pappenheimer] #364887
03/21/11 19:28
03/21/11 19:28
NRW/Germany
alibaba Online
Expert
alibaba  Online
Expert

NRW/Germany
I solved all of his problems, but he does not respond wink

Professional Edition
A8.47.1
--------------------
http://www.yueklet.de
Re: Confined Space Movement Code [paid] [Re: alibaba] #364891
03/21/11 19:52
03/21/11 19:52
PA

PA
Pappenheimer: I do get all this trouble with what you see...just vertical and horizontal planes.

Also, thank you for the PMs and responses, but I am at work at the moment and cannot really take a look at the messages and reply. Please give me several hours so I can begin at the earliest message and work my way through...I think it is only fair that I start from the oldest on the first responders.

Once again thank you for all the responses and I will begin to respond shortly once I am done at work.

Garrett

Re: Confined Space Movement Code [paid] [Re: Garrettwademan] #364896
03/21/11 19:58
03/21/11 19:58
NRW/Germany
alibaba Online
Expert
alibaba  Online
Expert

NRW/Germany
No Problem, i have enought time grin

Professional Edition
A8.47.1
--------------------
http://www.yueklet.de
Re: Confined Space Movement Code [paid] [Re: alibaba] #364919
03/22/11 00:53
03/22/11 00:53
PA

PA
The one thing I am seeing is that it only shows up with these flat planes that create the walls (I also used cubes as borders/walls/floors) and I am still having the issue. Its almost like if the vertices are not welded, the player can fall through or glide up.

When I use the code with a cube created in WED, all works good.

I need the movement code to be compatible with the flat planes or cubes.

Re: Confined Space Movement Code [paid] [Re: Garrettwademan] #364921
03/22/11 01:11
03/22/11 01:11
PA

PA
As of now, this is still open. I need to get the flat planes/cubes to work with the movement code. Thanks.

Re: Confined Space Movement Code [paid] [Re: Garrettwademan] #364926
03/22/11 02:49
03/22/11 02:49
PA

PA
PROBLEM SOLVED:

I can't use flat planes, I need to use 3D cubes...just if anyone was curious.

Thank you all that helped! I responded with PMs for payment.

Moderated by  checkbutton, Inestical, Perro 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de