by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 1,014 guests, and 1 spider.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Character Floats #380942
08/22/11 21:52
08/22/11 21:52
J
jaster Offline OP
jaster  Offline OP
J

Hi all. So I was setting up a simple level for character testing (a hollow cube with a character model, nothing else) and after I set the behavior to t_shooter_player and did a test run, the character just floats up and up and up at a steady rate. The move and jump functions all work but the character just keeps floating. I have made no changes that should be causing this (I think.) I simply started wed, added a hollow cube, scaled the cube up a bit, added a character model, added the player script and tested the level. I have tried a different character model (the one included with A8 "sf_woman" but get the same result) Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Re: Character Floats [Re: jaster] #385558
10/19/11 23:20
10/19/11 23:20
Fortaleza - Ceará Brazil
E
Estevoo Offline
Estevoo  Offline
E

Fortaleza - Ceará Brazil
maybe you are using a model that the origin is in the feet instead the belly! I don't know if it's the problem, maybe or maybe not! well, u can try setting the origin of your model on the belly!

Re: Character Floats [Re: Estevoo] #386677
11/08/11 10:06
11/08/11 10:06
Dallas,TX
Delirium Offline
Delirium  Offline

Dallas,TX
Ha, I just bought A8 and had the same problem, floating. I finally found a demo with code in Aum 102, called Events, and made the world a little bigger so I could start programming a level. After all you can import your own textures to the cube. I scoped down and made the walls a blue texture with the sky flag set, and added the code to use a sky cube. The events level is a cube too. And the easy to understand code has several built in events to adapt to your purposes. I know you want to know how to fix the floating, sorry I can't help with that. I've been around a while but am not great at code, I just enjoy building levels. Just thought if you haven't seen the Events code in AUM 102 its simple and worth looking at.

Learning to write lite-C -- A8 commercial

Moderated by  HeelX, rvL_eXile 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de