Gamestudio Links
Zorro Links
Newest Posts
AlpacaZorroPlugin v1.3.0 Released
by kzhao. 05/22/24 13:41
Free Live Data for Zorro with Paper Trading?
by AbrahamR. 05/18/24 13:28
Change chart colours
by 7th_zorro. 05/11/24 09:25
Data from CSV not parsed correctly
by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
6 registered members (AndrewAMD, Ayumi, degenerate_762, 7th_zorro, VoroneTZ, HoopyDerFrood), 1,268 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
LucasJoshua, Baklazhan, Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia
19053 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Starting to collect info for new game #386925
11/11/11 08:10
11/11/11 08:10
P
peteredlin Offline OP
peteredlin  Offline OP
P

Hello,

I have been foolin around with gamestudio a8 a while back and realy liked it.
I also love truck simulators and farming simulators, but i hate the fact that i cant fully change them to what i think they should be or do.

Now i am at a point that i want to start to make (my) own simple 100% changeable simulator. I have made a simple car game some time back.

I made this forum because i want to check some ideas of mine and hope on some comment.

What kind of maps are possible ? (size and shape)
Is it possible to builtup a game from many differrent scripts which call eachother in a predefined way

Re: Starting to collect info for new game [Re: peteredlin] #386941
11/11/11 13:00
11/11/11 13:00
MO:US and sometimes Ambato Ecu...
L
LewyT Offline
LewyT  Offline
L

MO:US and sometimes Ambato Ecu...
from the help file:
Max level size BSP maps have a size limit that can be set here to up to 250000 units. Simple (non-BSP) maps don't have a size limit. Higher maximum level sizes can produce more warning messages with thin blocks and geometry problems in BSP levels. The z buffers of most 3D cards can not deal with huge distances unless camera.clip_near is set to a relatively high value. Use this option with caution.

A map "unit" could be used to represent just about any unit of measure within reason. I think a default would be meters but I suppose it could also be km if you want to scale everything to match. Of course if you scale too much you could loose some detail in the terrain.

As for the scripts calling each other, I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but I don't know exactly what you have in mind.

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de