by dr_panther. 05/06/24 18:50
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
3 registered members (AndrewAMD, 7th_zorro, dr_panther), 1,297 guests, and 6 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Hanky27, firatv, wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious
19051 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Reach The Roof #396417
03/06/12 18:46
03/06/12 18:46
8 Images
München (Germany)
dice Offline OP
Reach The Roof

Hello Community,

I am very proud to present my first real game contribution I made with 3D Gamestudio. The game is called “Reach The Roof” and is a 3D Tower Defense with roleplay elements.

It’s nearly a standalone project except of some free-to-use models and the official soundtrack made by Masterchief_JB. I made this game to get to know 3D Gamestudio and the engine behind it. It was my ambition to finish at least this demo. There are a lot of additional ideas going around in my head but finally I found a compromise with this release version.

Here are some basic data:

• Tower Defense
• 10 Challenging Levels
• 3 Towers with Upgrades
• Character Development with Stat Points and Skills
• Collect Items and Improve Your Gear
• Unlock Achievements
• Share/Compare your Top Scores with other Players Online

On Thursday, the 08.03.2012 at 08:00 PM there will be the official Download Start for “Reach The Roof” on my website.

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9tkuGYnlaU

Download:
http://www.mjip.de/reach-the-roof/download/

http://www.mjip.de

I hope you will enjoy the game and hunt some highscores together with other players.

Greetings,
dice
8 Comments
Re: Reach The Roof [Re: dice] #396425
03/06/12 20:06
03/06/12 20:06
Germany, BaW�
Rondidon Offline
Expert
Rondidon  Offline
Expert

Germany, BaW�
Your game`s looking interesting. The art could be improved, but the gameplay facts sound interesting. I`ll give it a try.

Re: Reach The Roof [Re: Rondidon] #396582
03/08/12 01:43
03/08/12 01:43
USA , NY
msmith2468 Offline
msmith2468  Offline

USA , NY
It looks fun. Ill download it tomorrow and let you know what i think. I agree with Rondidon about the graphics. perhaps just a re-texturing would improve it a lot. Other then that i like it.

One more thing. In the video it appeared to be very easy. I guess i wont know for sure without playing it though.

Mikes Wicked Games

www.mikeswickedgames.com
Re: Reach The Roof [Re: dice] #396730
03/09/12 18:03
03/09/12 18:03
USA , NY
msmith2468 Offline
msmith2468  Offline

USA , NY
I downloaded your game. I can only understand English but I did not let that stop me. I clicked some buttons and entered my name and then there was a nice cut scene which I thought was visually appealing. I could not understand the captions but I made up a nice story to fill in the blanks. But then just when I thought I was going to wage war with towers against an endless army of mystical creatures. I received an invalid pointer error message. The game crashed and i could not play it.

If you fix it ill give it another go. or if i maybe just had a bad download ill re download it. let me know. I was excited to play.

Mikes Wicked Games

www.mikeswickedgames.com
Re: Reach The Roof [Re: msmith2468] #396733
03/09/12 18:23
03/09/12 18:23
München (Germany)
dice Offline OP
dice  Offline OP

München (Germany)
Yeah thx for testing laugh

You have to start the game with admin rights, sry for not giving english speakers the chance to play. Next version will be 2-lingual wink

Re: Reach The Roof [Re: dice] #396735
03/09/12 19:04
03/09/12 19:04
USA , NY
msmith2468 Offline
msmith2468  Offline

USA , NY
OK i got it to work for the first round any ways. then i had another crash. But from what i played it was enjoyable. The grass texture was different than in your video and i liked it much better. from what i saw in the game play the graphics seemed fine. It was easy but i did only play the first level and i imagine the first level should be easy.

I really enjoyed seeing what creature would come out next. and i liked the building animations.

My only suggestions are to include English, and in game sound effects. In game sound effects such as the towers firing and when the enemies die. perhaps a special sound when a new wave of enemies arrive and building tower sounds.

I will play it some more and hopefully get further.
Nice game keep it up!

Mikes Wicked Games

www.mikeswickedgames.com
Re: Reach The Roof [Re: msmith2468] #396761
03/10/12 12:04
03/10/12 12:04
bettelzwerg Offline
bettelzwerg  Offline

Ich habe vorhin Level 10 durchgespielt und muss folgendes sagen:
Es ist verdammt noch mal das geilste TD-Spiel, was ich je gespielt habe. Bis auf ein paar kleine Abstüze meist beim Starten (insgesamt 6 oder 7 Mal) eines Levels war das Spiel nahezu Bugfrei (ausser, dass in einem Level das Pathfinding der Monster an einer kleinen Stelle versagt hat, durchgekommen sind sie letztendlich trotzdem). Die Musik ist Stimmig und die Level zum Ende hin sehr Anspruchsvoll. Die Monsternamen haben mich zum schmunzeln gebracht (Kröööte, R2D2 mit MG, alter Wer-Weiser,... xD).

Gut finde ich auch das Levelsystem, der Fähigkeitenbaum ist sehr nett und die Items und das Sockeln gefallen sehr gut.

Die Grafik ist voll in Ordnung, die Modelle sind schön. Das Einzige, was ausbaufähig ist, wie msmith2468 schon sagte, dass die Türme oder Monster Sounds machen, eine Animation der Türme würde auch gefallen (man weiß nie, wann sie gerade schießen oder auf wen). Ein "Angriff-Sound" für eine neue Welle wäre auch hilfreich. Die Turmauswahl ist leider auch ein wenig knapp (Buff-Türme, die andere Türme stärken, oder Türme mit Flächenschaden als Vorschlag von mir ^-^).

Um es nochmal zusammenzufassen: Das Spiel ist fabelhaft und schön, macht sehr viel Spass (Mehrere Stunden gestern Abend dran gesessen), ist aber noch ausbaufähig. Freue mich auf weitere Level und sonstige Updates laugh

Re: Reach The Roof [Re: bettelzwerg] #396766
03/10/12 13:01
03/10/12 13:01
München (Germany)
dice Offline OP
dice  Offline OP

München (Germany)
@msmith2468:
To get a full impression of the game I suggest playing levels 1-10.
The difficulty will raise each level. Hardest creatures will have ~20.000 Hitpoints at Level 10 wink

Dont know the reason why I didnt really care about the ingame sound effects. But youre right - they would support gameplay and fun laugh
Added to TODO-List...getting longer and longer ;D

@bettelzwerg:
Wow! Danke dir für diesen doch sehr aufbauenden Kommentar laugh Du gehörst dann offiziell zu den ersten Spielern, die Reach The Roof durchgespielt haben, Glückwunsch!

Ich habe gestern beim Selberspielen gemerkt, dass die Geschosse garnicht angezeigt werden. Normalerweise fliegen kleine Pfeile von Turm zu Monstern, sobald sie schießen. Daran erkennt man dann auch schön die Kadenz. (Fehler auch schon gefunden: Mein Geschoss-Model bullet.mdl wurde falsch eingebunden und wurde durch das von Gamestudio mitgelieferte Model ersetzt, da Namensgleichheit).

Zu der Turm-Knappheit: Wie du vielleicht gesehen hast, erweitert sich der Skillbaum alle 10 Charakterlevel und schaltet somit auch neue Türme und Fähigkeiten frei. Diese sind zwar jetzt noch nicht implementiert, werden dann spätestens zur nächsten Version nachgereicht. Geplant sind unter anderem: Luftabwehr, Splash-Damage, Buffer, Gift, Gold/Leben-Türme, Synergien für bereits vorhandene Türme.. und noch vieles mehr wink

Gruß,
dice

Re: Reach The Roof [Re: dice] #397305
03/17/12 13:08
03/17/12 13:08
Germany
Rackscha Offline
Serious User
Rackscha  Offline
Serious User

Germany
@Dice: Dein Spiel braucht admin rechte zum abspeichern? Vielleicht solltest du einen Blick in die WInapi werfen, um an den AppData ordner ranzukommen(da darfst du auch so speichern)

MY Website with news of my projects:
(for example my current
Muliplayer Bomberman,
GenesisPrecompiler for LiteC
and TileMaster, an easy to use Tile editor)
Sparetime-Development

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de