by jcl. 04/26/24 11:08
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (AndrewAMD, Quad), 755 guests, and 5 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
wandaluciaia, Mega_Rod, EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11
19049 Registered Users
Previous Gallery
Next Gallery
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Team Effort #396580
03/08/12 01:16
03/08/12 01:16
8 Images
USA , NY
msmith2468 Offline OP
Team Effort

Team Effort is a two player coop puzzle video game. Complete the puzzles with a friend by mixing colors, opening doors, and running for your lives. When you beat all of the levels you can make your own and share them with your friends.

I have been working on Team Effort during my spare time and school breaks, for a few months now. I have put a lot of effort in bringing the game to a more professional and complete game experience than my previous games.

The current version of the game is Beta V0.1
If you could send me some feedback about the game as well as any bugs you come across i would greatly appreciate it.

You can view a preview video here

Team Effort Preview Video

You can Download The current version of the game here

Team Effort Download Page

Last edited by msmith2468; 03/08/12 01:17.
7 Comments
Re: Team Effort [Re: msmith2468] #397040
03/13/12 20:18
03/13/12 20:18
München (Germany)
dice Offline
dice  Offline

München (Germany)
Heyho,

I finally found some time to test your game. I didnt play every level but at least got an overview.

First of all. Why do you only sell your game as a two player coop puzzle? You can easily play the game alone on one computer, by using both WASD and arrow keys. It's fun too and also supports multitasking abilities!

Pro's:
Mixing colors is fun! I was astonished how often I got through the same places on one level back and forth and with blue and yellow and orange....

I also really like the cooperation to get through the level. Remembered me of Portal 2 laugh When you unite both balls the controls are splitted. What a nice idea!

The way the difficulty increase is very good and not too boring. At first you think ..that was easy.. give me more! Then you break because you have to know the usage of toggles etc... if you know this stuff there are other things to challenge with... on and on laugh

I like the sound.

Con's:
When I tapped into the wrong color and the level restarted, the painted floors were still painted. I suggest restarting the whole level with deleting the already painted floors.

Sometimes when you reunite the balls and you are near different colored plates, you suddenly get on it and the level restarts. Happened quite often to me and is very disappointing frown (Especially on 'Mouse Maze') Maybe you can implement a "if you do not leave the different colored plate within 3 seconds, you loose!" function wink Or something like a health bar that decreases when you touch something wrong...

When I toggle a certain color, the blockers of the color get transparent. Thats good. But sometimes they only got transparent when I got near to them. So I couldnt really see which blockers switched on at first sight...

The main menu looks very retro grin I like, but...
Did you set the bitmaps to 800x600 pixel? I would appreciate the same style with a higher resolution. A friend said to me "wow, the game is causing eye cancer, isnt it?". Sorry for the directness grin

I will try to play the other levels and the level editor and add everything that will come to my mind laugh

Greetings,
dice

Re: Team Effort [Re: dice] #397050
03/13/12 21:16
03/13/12 21:16
USA , NY
msmith2468 Offline OP
msmith2468  Offline OP

USA , NY
Thanks for checking it out. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Some of my inspiration for the game came from portal 2.

Your suggestions are great and I will work on fixing what I can. Completely restarting the level is something I had thought about now that you suggested it I will definitely fix it. Your second suggestion is something I had never thought about. I like the health bar idea ill play around with it a bit and see if I can improve it a bit. Your third suggestion about the transparent doors is something I briefly considered before. Perhaps I can make it a bit transparent when the player is not near it and very transparent when the player is near it.

The resolution is a fantastic point and something I had been thinking about. Yes the game is played in 800 X 600 resolution. For some reason I have always used this resolution even though I know that I should keep it a lot higher. At this point everything is set up for 800 X 600. To redo all of the sizes of the images and the realignment of all the button and text placement would take a long time. I do not know too much about resolution functions but is there a way to scale everything for a higher resolution? I will look into it and see if I can fix it I do think it is important. From now on I will create my games in a much higher resolution.

Thanks for the feedback.
Ill get to work.

Mikes Wicked Games

www.mikeswickedgames.com
Re: Team Effort [Re: msmith2468] #397260
03/17/12 01:11
03/17/12 01:11
USA , NY
msmith2468 Offline OP
msmith2468  Offline OP

USA , NY
I Released a New Version of Team Effort.

- More noticeable doors
- Restarting the entire level when you loose
- Minor Bug fixes
- Check on start up for write access. Error message if no write access. Prevents crashing the game without write access.
- More levels (30) levels total.

You can download the new version at the same download page.

@Dice Some of the changes are your suggestions. Thanks!
I attempted to find a solution for screen resolution without luck. Any games I make from now on will have a good resolution.

Mikes Wicked Games

www.mikeswickedgames.com
Re: Team Effort [Re: msmith2468] #398166
03/28/12 21:00
03/28/12 21:00
Munich (Germany)
LPF Offline
LPF  Offline

Munich (Germany)
Do you know Archer mc' leans Mercury for psp? it has the same idea with colors doors and so on, maybe you can put in the monster-idea from that game (they are eating Spheres laugh )

Question: are you going to change the Design of the main menue? it fits somehow but it seems like you didn't have enough time to create the fonts or the images for the levels (stupid question: are they made with paint? would be fun to know)

but apart from criticism: very nice game!! Fun to play alone or together, and another example that a good game does not have to be a complicated one laugh

..oooO .........
..(....)..Oooo..
...\..(...(....)..
....\_)....)../..
...........(_/...
...ICH WAR....
........HIER....
Re: Team Effort [Re: LPF] #398173
03/28/12 22:14
03/28/12 22:14
USA , NY
msmith2468 Offline OP
msmith2468  Offline OP

USA , NY
Thanks for the feedback!

I have never heard of this game (Archer mc'leans Mercury) I do not have a psp but I will check it out.

My menu is simple. In general my artistic abilities are very basic. I am good enough to get the job done but that's about it. I may go back and redo the artwork for the game if I have enough people who would like that. Some of the level images were rushed and I will probably redo thoes either way.

I created all of the images with a combination of "ms Paint" and "Paint.net" (Mostly Paint.net though). All of the models in the game which are also basic models were created in "Wings 3D" and textured in "MED" I used "Paint.net" to texture them.

As I have said my artistic skills are limited. Programming and design is what I really enjoy. Perhaps I need to find an artist to work with.

I am glad you enjoyed my game!!
Thanks for playing!

Mikes Wicked Games

www.mikeswickedgames.com
Re: Team Effort [Re: msmith2468] #398274
03/30/12 15:00
03/30/12 15:00
Munich (Germany)
LPF Offline
LPF  Offline

Munich (Germany)
I would have time to make you some images... if you want

oh.. and playing is fun grin
i tried it out with my mom today and we really enjoyed it

Last edited by LPF; 03/30/12 15:02.
Re: Team Effort [Re: LPF] #398304
03/30/12 21:26
03/30/12 21:26
USA , NY
msmith2468 Offline OP
msmith2468  Offline OP

USA , NY
I Think it would be great if you made some new images for some of the levels. As long as they flow with the rest of the game I would be happy to include them in the game and I will find some room in the credits for you as well.

If you find the level images in the games folder. They are all titled lev_name_image.tga (for example: lev_tangled_image.tga) then edit thoes files and email them to me. I will look at them and let you know what I think.

my email is mikeswickedgames@gmail.com

Im glad you enjoyed my game!
Have you tried creating your own levels?

Mikes Wicked Games

www.mikeswickedgames.com

Moderated by  jcl, Realspawn, Spirit 

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de