by VoroneTZ. 04/17/24 06:52
AUM Magazine
Latest Screens
The Bible Game
A psychological thriller game
SHADOW (2014)
DEAD TASTE
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (AndrewAMD), 533 guests, and 2 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
EternallyCurious, howardR, 11honza11, ccorrea, sakolin
19047 Registered Users
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: "Realms of Generica" mmorpg techdemo - stresstest [Re: Superku] #408819
10/08/12 07:17
10/08/12 07:17
Budapest
sivan Offline
Expert
sivan  Offline
Expert

Budapest
I got 8-s, not E-s in the email area laugh but registered with invalid email.
I went down to basement twice, second time I found a dagger in the box, and later when I did the quest for the dagger I got no another.
it was funny to run away from monsters, after a time I had about 20 followers grin
finally I had a crash on a level load (after about 3 level loads without problem).

Free world editor for 3D Gamestudio: MapBuilder Editor
Re: "Realms of Generica" mmorpg techdemo - stresstest [Re: sivan] #408822
10/08/12 07:32
10/08/12 07:32
M
Mythran Offline
Mythran  Offline
M

mmo_cl stops working... and happens often... but i had fun for 5 min laugh great doing!

Re: "Realms of Generica" mmorpg techdemo - stresstest [Re: Mythran] #409050
10/10/12 18:59
10/10/12 18:59
Berlin, Germany
S
SchokoKeks Offline OP
User
SchokoKeks  Offline OP
User
S

Berlin, Germany
Thank you all for your comments. I know that crashes are a major issue at this time.

I've found one evil heap corruption - credit goes to the function _chkheap! lite-C should have something like this wink There are probably more corruptions to be found, but lets see how stable this new version is for everyone, I'm uploading it right now. Apart from several bugfixes there are also a few

New features in 0.110
- The camera is now a bit further away from the player, giving you a better overview of the scene
- Player movement speed increased from 5 to 7.
- Space key closes all open dialogues on the screen
- The chat now informs you when someone enters or leaves your region
- You can now change the screen resolution with F5 and go to full screen with F6, BUT only do this directly after you started the game, otherwise it will crash.

For the download link, please check the first post.

Last edited by SchokoKeks; 10/10/12 19:06.
Re: "Realms of Generica" mmorpg techdemo - stresstest [Re: SchokoKeks] #409052
10/10/12 19:56
10/10/12 19:56
Germany, BW, Stuttgart
MasterQ32 Offline
Expert
MasterQ32  Offline
Expert

Germany, BW, Stuttgart
1999 Gold, no more quests open. Runs very stable now, no more crashes.
But there are some bugs to report:
- "Force of Will" gives no experience when killing enemies
- Sometimes enemies just disappear
- The looting is annoying, if you are in a battle with about 5-10 enemies and your inventory just pops up because you clicked a lootable enemy

Visit my site: www.masterq32.de
Re: "Realms of Generica" mmorpg techdemo - stresstest [Re: MasterQ32] #409053
10/10/12 20:15
10/10/12 20:15
de
lemming Offline
lemming  Offline

de
I just played with MasterQ32 and it was enjoyable. Reminded me of the old Ragnarök Online times. laugh

Bugs:
Stable to me, as long as you don't minimize.
Attacking while chatting sends the text.
This version lagged a few times. I was "jumping" on the field. Not so in the previous version. Probably just the network.
You can't add health and mana pots to the action bar.

Comments:
A way to party up would be nice, as I was kill-stealing the goblins while doing quests together.
The global loot is an interesting element. Pvp would even enhance that. =)
Walking "between" the tiles is probably coming someday later?
Automatic closing of an empty loot window would be better than a "close everything" button. And I would not open the inventory when looting, as long as it has space left. Shift+Click could be quick-loot.

Overall really nice game.

Re: "Realms of Generica" mmorpg techdemo - stresstest [Re: lemming] #409054
10/10/12 21:21
10/10/12 21:21
ratchet Offline
Expert
ratchet  Offline
Expert

just tested the last version :
Lot better for the speed of characte rrun , but i think some little more speed would be perfect like speed in mmos !

Clicking on the ground is not visible enought, some lot more visible effect click on ground would be better !

We can see if you put attention, some seams on 3D tiles on the floor when the camera moves. Well i htink is 3DGS engine problem compared to Unity 3D where 3D tiles matches perfectly even with lightening !
But that's not really visible laugh

Again i would prefer select one time for character to attack continuously , and manage object, powers, placement.
(FF12 style and mmos style)

Can you make bigger 3D tiles, and not only plane 3D tiles, but with deformation like terrain ?
System very used in Dungeon siege 1 & 2 on PC !

Dungeon Siege 2 : 3D tiles

Perhaps you could adopt such system for exteriors ?
bigger 3D tiles having a terrain look ?

Anyway, great finished working game laugh
Not all people reach to achieve such goal !

Keep it up laugh

Re: "Realms of Generica" mmorpg techdemo - stresstest [Re: ratchet] #409058
10/10/12 22:14
10/10/12 22:14
Berlin, Germany
S
SchokoKeks Offline OP
User
SchokoKeks  Offline OP
User
S

Berlin, Germany
Thank you all for testing!

Originally Posted By: MasterQ32

- "Force of Will" gives no experience when killing enemies
- Sometimes enemies just disappear

Going to look into that, thanks for finding that. I think I may already know what causes the enemies to disappear.
Originally Posted By: MasterQ32

- The looting is annoying, if you are in a battle with about 5-10 enemies and your inventory just pops up because you clicked a lootable enemy

I thought about having my loot drop on the ground like in diablo and torchlight, but I decided to go for a more MMO-like loot inventory because it uses way less traffic. The game should prefer attacking over looting, but since lying bodies have a different shape a misclick is easy.. I'll think about that

Originally Posted By: lemming

Stable to me, as long as you don't minimize.

Minimizing should not crash the game, but it seems to crash when the d3d-device is lost, like when an "admin access rights" UAC panel pops up or you press CTRL+ALT+DEL.

Originally Posted By: lemming

This version lagged a few times. I was "jumping" on the field. Not so in the previous version. Probably just the network.

I think this is because of the faster running, I'll have to tweak a few values on the networking part.

Quote:

A way to party up would be nice, as I was kill-stealing the goblins while doing quests together.
You can't add health and mana pots to the action bar.
Walking "between" the tiles is probably coming someday later?

bigger 3D tiles having a terrain look ?

These features are a must if I'll ever make a real game out of this. We'll see when I find the time to implement this.

Originally Posted By: JoGa

ps: the knight reminds me on a game, which was made with 3dgs, too. Arwenia? I dont know the name anymore

Yes, I've been greatly influenced by this game wink I have also forgotten the name, but it had better effects and graphics than RoG wink

Thanks to your help the game seems to be very stable right now. None of the 5 server applications had a single crash.

Re: "Realms of Generica" mmorpg techdemo - stresstest [Re: SchokoKeks] #409066
10/11/12 00:54
10/11/12 00:54
Germany, BW, Stuttgart
MasterQ32 Offline
Expert
MasterQ32  Offline
Expert

Germany, BW, Stuttgart
Originally Posted By: SchokoKeks
I thought about having my loot drop on the ground like in diablo and torchlight, but I decided to go for a more MMO-like loot inventory because it uses way less traffic. The game should prefer attacking over looting, but since lying bodies have a different shape a misclick is easy.. I'll think about that

What's about attack: left mouse, loot and talk right mouse?

Visit my site: www.masterq32.de
Re: "Realms of Generica" mmorpg techdemo - stresstest [Re: MasterQ32] #409098
10/11/12 16:07
10/11/12 16:07
T
TechMuc Offline
User
TechMuc  Offline
User
T

Hi Schokokeks,

Just a small help for you if you have problems with memory allocations / heap corruptions:

1) Use _CRTDBG_CHECK_ALWAYS_DF in Function _CrtSetDbgFlag ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/z8h19c37(v=vs.71).aspx ). This will check the integrity of the Heap after EVERY malloc / new / free / delete. Of course this will dramatically decrease the performance (actually you can not "play" anymore), but you are able to detect the exact position of an error very easily.

2) Use Visual Leak Detector to detect possible memory leaks ( http://vld.codeplex.com/ )

I just checked the registration. This works (also the login process), but i got an error message in the registration dialog (some acknex error message, on the "OK" Button. So the button-label probably should be "OK" and instead there was an error message).

regards,
Timo

Re: "Realms of Generica" mmorpg techdemo - stresstest [Re: TechMuc] #409100
10/11/12 17:12
10/11/12 17:12
Bay City, MI
lostclimate Offline
Expert
lostclimate  Offline
Expert

Bay City, MI
k, not sure if it was because I ran it in virtualbox or because you actually did, but did I see the black console screen say that this uses ogl??? what part did acknex play in this. in other response, in a VM on win7 it only ran at like 5fps, so i didnt do much frown will try it at home on host win 7 tonight.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Gamestudio download | chip programmers | Zorro platform | shop | Data Protection Policy

oP group Germany GmbH | Birkenstr. 25-27 | 63549 Ronneburg / Germany | info (at) opgroup.de